It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran allocates $1b to Iraq reconstruction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

tehrantimes

AMMAN (IRNA) -- Iraqi Minister of Electricity Abd al-Muhsin Shalash said Iran allocated one billion dollars for reconstruction of the war-torn Iraq, which will be mainly spent on infrastructural projects, particularly, energy industry.

Talking to reporters, Shalash said Iran and Germany, during an international conference on Iraq reconstruction recently held in Brussels, expressed their will to participate in reconstruction of Iraq's electricity industry projects.

It's great that two countries who were at war with each other for so long have now patched things up. I hope they can build that relationship even further, in addition to rebuilding the infrastructure.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
As it may appear good these two countries are assisting each other.
I still feel something sinisiter behind it all.

how can two factions who murders thuosnads upon thousands of each others citizens, use WMD against each other for so long just turn off the hatred and be friends.

sure it was saddam who did it, and he's know in custody.
but the citizens of both countries still lost, friends, family and lovedones to the opposite country.

I'd say it has more to do with BOTH leaders being in each others bed.
Iran and Iraq together would be a powerhouse in the middleeast..

It would knock Isreal of hts ' no1 ' spot.

The events of the past 5 yrs have happened SIMPLY because Israel wants to be the superpower of the region.

They wont like this, They wont stand for this.
Something is going to happen.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Iran allocates 1 billion to Iraq? I have to agree with the above poster, something definiatly stinks here. Whats that saying? If it looks like * and smells like * chances are it's *.
You can't tell me that Iran has sincerely put up this money to Help the Iraqi people...I don't buy it.
Remember, this is a government that repeatidly oppresses it's own people and and kills and tortures INNOCENT people...remember that Canadian Women not to long ago....can't remember which organization she was with... DEAD.

Iran couldn't give 2 * about anyone but themselves. They support terrorism and the slaughter of Innocent people and.....I can't wait til the U.S. STOPS being afraid of world opinion and gets rid of PROBABLY the biggest supporter of terrorism on the planet.

Flame Away

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GlobalDisorder
how can two factions who murders thuosnads upon thousands of each others citizens, use WMD against each other for so long just turn off the hatred and be friends.

I dont know ask the US and Japan or the UK and Germany

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I really feel moderators and council members give them self too much credit for stupid posts..

Amuk,
Being Japan ATTACKED the USA... makes it different.. especially since we NUKED them and they surrendered.

Being Germany INVADED all the European countries, and then was defeatedi n one of the worlsd GREATEST wars makes that war also a little different to the IRAN IRAQ War.

Being they ARENT neighbours like Iran or Iraq..
and being it happened many many many years AFTER the wars u speak of puts them in a different boat.

Being they were two leaders BICKERING and not nations figthing to rule countries makes them different.

So yeah, being these countries went to war, murdered thousands upon thousands and USED wmd's against each other I still find it hard to see how they can contribute to each others propserity.

Iraq and Iran will soon become one nation.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I really feel moderators and council members give them self too much credit for stupid posts..

no no we will give whoever credit for a stupid post, does that make you feel better?

Amuk,
Being Japan ATTACKED the USA... makes it different.. especially since we NUKED them and they surrendered.

Being Germany INVADED all the European countries, and then was defeatedi n one of the worlsd GREATEST wars makes that war also a little different to the IRAN IRAQ War.

I see since Iraq and Iran didnt attack each other or invade each other.......oh wait THEY DID didnt they.

I must give you credit this time

Are you sure its not just the Jews?

[edit on 26-7-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well, Being that Germany/Japan/USA and UK prety much make up majority of the worlds STABLE and TRUSTED countries on the planet it does make a LOT of difference.

With the history of IRAN and IRAQ even in the past 25yrs... makes a WHOLE LOT of difference.

" no no I give you credit for a stupid post, does that make you feel better? "
Well that doesnt even make sense...
Id rather you never replied to my posts... your out on a ego trip i personally think. and it just lowers the quality and responses from people when come out and say the things you do

And yeah.. being Iraq and Iran ATTACKED each other, compared to Germany taking over Europe, Japan taking over islands and ATTACKing the USA... kinda says a bit to me.

But back to the point...

Your convicned Iran and Iraq becoming best budz is in good reasoning?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Id rather you never replied to my posts... your out on a ego trip i personally think. and it just lowers the quality and responses from people when come out and say the things you do

we all have our crosses to bare......"responses from people when come out and say the things you do"? Are you the pot or the kettle.....LOL

Your convicned Iran and Iraq becoming best budz is in good reasoning?

I didnt read the part about them pinky swearing eternal best friendship, but if you are asking if I think Iran puting up a billion dollars to help rebuild Iraq is a good thing I would have to say yes. I would love to see MORE countries getting involved.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Well, Being that Germany/Japan/USA and UK prety much make up majority of the worlds STABLE and TRUSTED countries on the planet it does make a LOT of difference.

Ummm thats 4 countries dude... so by your logic there are no more than 7 (if 4 is a majority) stable countries in the world... ummm yeah go figure where you got those stats from... there are at least that many countries more stable than the USA.

Also Iraq was a very stable country... then the US invaded... 'Democracy before Stability' isnt that the new line your bull# government is pulling these days? Also Iran is very stable, and was more so before the US interfered in the 70's...

Remember the most stale societies are those ruled by totalitarian governemnts...

And the US being one of the most trusted countries? Sure you trust yourselves... but thats pretty much as far as it goes... if you would take a minute and listen to international opinion you'd realise that the Us is one of the least trusted countries in the world. The UK has also lost alot of credibility internationally but not nearly as much.... Germany still have alot of credibility so i agree with that part of the TRUSTED piece.

Anyways, back to the point of the post... I Think its great that Iran is helping rebuild Iraq... I know why alot of Americans on this site are against it. Its simple, if Iran Invest in Iraq, they will also profit from Iraq... heaven forbid anyone other than the US and its lapdogs profit from the War.

[edit on 26-7-2005 by specialasianX]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Yeah, I think a BILLION dollas in aide to a neighbour speaks a fair bit about ' friendship '
ESPECIALLY when they were enemies in WAR.

SpecialAsianX if you want to KNIT PICK then ill remove the world MAJORITY from my previous post.

Well, considering IRAN is at the moment creating NUCLEAR weapons, when it previously chanted DEATH to AMerica and ISRAEl, i wouldnt call it ' stable '

and yeah, I agree... Iraq was stable prior to the Invasion.
I cant believe the Americans are stupid enough to BELIEVE the crap there governemnt is shoving down there throats about it.
Even now after everything that has come to be.. there's still the sheep out there claiming there government was noble and honest.

my point is...

Two countries who HATE the USA.... chant hatred towards american and its maker ISRAEL..
two countries who dont mind the odd WMD here or there..
2 countries who have been at war with each other RECENTLY...
two countries combined make up a rather LARGE slice of the middleast all of a sudden changing tunes and willing to put a billion dollars into reconstruction... isnt doing it for the wellbeing of its people..

Especially since Iraq held elections and someone ' pro ' Iran was elected...
and elections in Iran managed to get someone supposidly from the US embassy take over days in charge really speaks volumes about there efforts towards peace and prosperity doesnt it.

This is nothing like the worldwar 2 days of Germany UK USA and Japan,
Its nothing by stupidity to compare the two events ..

I am still yet to try and work out why you think throwing a worldwar 2 era into the mix about Iran Iraq relations contributes to this converstaion Amuk?

Im guessing your American?
only Americans would liek to see more countries getting involved.
You screwed up the entier middleast, threatend world peace and lied to the world about it.
you cant even admit when your wrong, instead you throw smarta55 remarks aroound trying to stay on your highhorse when the whole world really hates you now.

You want more countries involved for 1 of 2 reasons..
You dont want to take the blame for this eternal mess when the sh1t really hits the fan, you need someone else to blame.
or 2

you realised the mess youve created and cant fix it withuot some help.
your just not willing to admit it.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Whaaa? You should jump in a time machine (see the correct forum for technical reference) and travel back to 1941 and go tell everyone in Europe how Germany is a STABLE and TRUSTED country, then fly over to China and Indonesia tell them how Japan is a STABLE and TRUSTED country. Then, jump back in your trusty time machine and travel to 1942 and tell everyone in Hawaii how Japan is a STABLE and TRUSTED country.

Good grief.

They're stable and trusted because they had millions of their people killed in empire building wars that THEY started. Then when they got their asses kicked by the rest of the world they had the "evil and oppresive Americans" pour billions of dollars into rebuilding their nations... The reason both those nations are economical super powers today is because they didn't need to spend a dime on defence since they were protected by occupation forces from the USA for fifty years.

What part of history do you not read, or do you just gloss over the pictures and make up your own story?

[edit on 26-7-2005 by CatHerder]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
GlobalDisorder, is the Disorder merely Global? The question was how could Iran, who fought with Iraq, offer money for reconstruction. Amuk pointed out that the very same thing happened after WWII, and, by the way, that happened while the injured were still dying from their wounds.

I didn't notice anyone say, "I'm a Mod or a Council Member, therefore I am way superior!"; did you? Unless you are having hallucination disorders, the answer is a simply, no. So, why the back-hand? Where's the love?

Edited because of MSD (moronic spelling disorder)

[edit on 26-7-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
What's with the hate today GlobalDisorder?
Did Amuk kick your dog and sleep with your sister, or the other way around?

Why did this turn into a hateful thread?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Hey, Amuk is from Arkansas. What makes you think he'd kick the dog?

Sorry, Amuk; I couldn't help it!

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

SpecialAsianX if you want to KNIT PICK then ill remove the world MAJORITY from my previous post.

Well, considering IRAN is at the moment creating NUCLEAR weapons, when it previously chanted DEATH to AMerica and ISRAEl, i wouldnt call it ' stable '

Well if you post it i had to correct you... some people would look at what you say and take it as truth (not saying that was your intention but the world, and ATS, has its sheep and morons who dont think for themselves)

And to point two of the quote... Hating American And Israel doesnt constitute instability... it constitutes Iran and its people not liking countries whos policies conflict with their own interests... alot of countries have nukes... in fact the US has the most, and is at current the most aggressive country, especially when it comes to attacking countries with conflicting interests...

I can see where your concern lies in Iran helping Iraq, but people make up, administrations change and enemies become friends and vice versa... its the way of global politics and sure Iran has alterior motives, but who doesnt?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Seems simple to me. Iran knows it's next and doesn't want to go into the war as an isolated state in the Middle East.

They know the power of a good insurgency in hurting an invading force and in order to build a strong insurgency, especially one made up from foreign fighters, they need to show fellow Islamic countries that they are also part of the group.

Thou technically, Iran isn't an Arab state, they know they have a choice of either joining the Arab states or fighting alone so some good will and influence in a time when fellow Islamic brothers need it is a very smart move on their behalf.

Also, i don't think Iran ever hated Iraq but the leaders sure did. Now Iraq has a leadership closer to Irans in ideology, it makes sense they would try to build a bond to help defend Americas plan at splitting the Middle East in two.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

Seems simple to me. Iran knows it's next and doesn't want to go into the war as an isolated state in the Middle East.

That's a good incentive for them to mend ties.
If they develop a good relationship with the Iraqi government, they might refuse to allow Iraq to be used as a base of operations for a US war with Iran.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
alrighty..
ill start from the begining

'' is it kick a brother in the ding dang day is it ? "

Catherder..
being those incidents happened... what 60yrs ago?
Alot has changed..

Back then, no body was really stable because smart heads hadnt come into the equations.

people still thought the best way to tackle a problem was fighting.
So I stick to my comment that those countries are the STABLE Force behind todays world.

Some of them might NOT of been in the past..
but once there rulers were removed, good governments put in place and the people realised the advantages in working for PEACE and not invading and killing for power.. the world changed.

The Middleast is considered the most unstable and volatile place on the planet in THIS TIME FRAME.
So get out of your time machine and look at todays world.
When 2 powerhouses of the middleast combine it usually wouldnt be a bad thing.
Being IRan in the 70's chanted DEATH to America and ISRAEL and Iraq beign a hostile breeding ground for TERRORISM and finatics at the moment.. I find it rather uneasing that they should all of a sudden they should start caring how each other surive.

A Billion dollars in AIDE to Iraq isnt just a handshake or a coupel of military tanks.

I love history.
I read as much as I can.
But history tells me one thing.. Its never repeated.
And I still dont understand why comparing the worldwar 2 era to the middleastern wars is plausable?

Especialy when Hitler took over europe, which caused ww2.
where as this case, the USA took over IRaq, and now a middleeastern country is contributing to the defeated country.
actually it makes sense to me now.
Your government must think the same way you do....
thats why they were stupid enuogh to invade iraq on false information thinking the world would agree with you.

Being that Japan surrendered, and agreed to ALL Terms of course the USA would contribute funds.
but this was the USA who WON the war, helping out its defeated enemy Become and ALLY.

In this case.
Its a country who HATES the usa, contributing to the country that was DEFEATED by the USA...
its like apples and oranges.

Amuk feels him comments are superior.
He hadnt come into this thread but came in straight away with a quickline determined to cause conflict.

he then edits his post, to include posts from OTHER threads he feels will cause conflict.

So yes,
if he has nothing too ADD to a post, and merely comes in to STIR emotions..
he's riding his high mod horse.

This isnt a hateful thread.
Im not inciting hate im giving my personal opinion.
If someoen comes in to stir me up, he'lll ill come back to stir it up.

Why do people whinge and cry when a debate gets heated up.

cant handle it stay out!

\special asian X, fair enough.
thanks for correcting me, I shoudlnt of put in majority, but i still feel if u look at Germany, Japan, Uk and America..... in terms of human rights, economy, world peace and all that.. these 4 countries woudl stand out alot more than most others.
well accept for the USA in Iraq..
but luckily they seem to be able to buy them selves outta anything.

I agree that administrations change, enemies becmoing friends and vice versa,
but Iran hasnt changed administrations.
Iran is insiting its nuclear RIGHT.
and it was IRan that chanted DEATH TO AMERICA/ISRAEL.

your right everyone has alterior motives,
which is what im saying.
Iran giving Iraq a BILLION dollars in the current political crisis doesnt seem to me like a peacetime offering.

A country may not agree with a country, or have conflicting interests.
But death to America, Death to Israel is a pretty big conflicting interest.

I like your thinking shroud of memphis..
It might of been the leaders bickering....
but now its americans in Iraq.
Its an american puppet government in Iraq,
and its Americans creating a base in Iraq.

Being Death to America was Irans slogan ...
it doesnt maek sense for Iran to give the American/Iraqi government a billion dollars.

anyone else wanna take a shot at me ?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   

\special asian X, fair enough.

1 - A country may not agree with a country, or have conflicting interests.
But death to America, Death to Israel is a pretty big conflicting interest.

2 - Being Death to America was Irans slogan ...
it doesnt maek sense for Iran to give the American/Iraqi government a billion dollars.

3 - anyone else wanna take a shot at me ?

1 - Hey eath to America And Israel is there way of expressing their anger over the conflicting interests of the countries... hey just hapen to be less subtle than the Americans about it... Personally I'd prefer a country huffing and puffing and yelling slogans of death, than just flat out invading every country they disagree with... and Iran having nukes... its a detterant... why do you think Nth Korea and Iran are both developing Nukes? Rmember the Axis of Evil speech? Well one down two to go...

2 - Sure it makes sense for Iran to give Iraq money... they want some sway there as well, its in their best interest to be on good terms with their neighbours and the new government... the last thing they want is another staging post for the imminent US invasion (afghanistan is stagin post #1). So if the become chummy with the New Iraq then they only have to defend one flank... also even 'evil' Islamic countries believe in the saying 'Love thy Neighbour'

3 - Not taking shots at you dude... just discussing debating your points... itsall good fun

Sep

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
If they develop a good relationship with the Iraqi government, they might refuse to allow Iraq to be used as a base of operations for a US war with Iran.

I think they already got that promise when the Iraqi defence minister visited. They have the same promise from the Pakistanis and Azarbaijanis I think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join