It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you think the would will end?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
we know everyone on ats has their own personal view points on how the world would end what do you think

i think that the only thing that will destroy us and this world is RAGNAROK maybe you've heard of it when the forces of good an evil clash in a war so powerfull that it could destroy every thing. When the God almighty will cast Lucifer back into the fiery pits of hell.

so what do you think will end the world and human civilization as we know it.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
maximum overdrive style!! Furby's and microwave ovens will dominate everything! ( probably done via special computer chips in anything shipped from china)

[edit on 26-7-2005 by evilgenyus]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The world ending to me means the end of an age, and an age, with the people who lived in it are the 'world'--not the earth, itself. Did not God say the earth would not be moved?

I have every reason to believe that the transition between this world and the next will happen by a pole shift--accompanied by overwhelming tectonic place readjustments (earthquakes and volcanoes) as well as world wide flooding with the melted fresh water of the ice caps. The combination of sudden readjustment and rapid extreme temperature changes will wreak havoc on everything that somehow escapes the upheavals and deluge.

It happened about 12,000 to 13,000 years ago and it's about to take place again. There are already signs of this impending cataclysm all around us, if one is willing to look and accept what they see. But most everyone can't handle the powerlessness which must be admitted in order to accept what's coming. We can't change it, its not a random occurrence, and it's necessary to the life of the planet, it seems.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Doesn't seem fair, but it's not about 'fairness'--the big picture is so much bigger than all of us put together!

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

It happened about 12,000 to 13,000 years ago and it's about to take place again. There are already signs of this impending cataclysm all around us, if one is willing to look and accept what they see.

This it truly interesting queenannie and It is certainly imaginable, but what are the signs as far as the actual shifting of the poles?

[edit on 26-7-2005 by evilgenyus]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

Who cares about the fate of this blue green speck in the cosmos? No one but it's creations, that's who. Really.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

Calvin

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
LOL.. I REALLY need to get this whole concept of quoting people figured out correctly!

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Nannie, you're right I believe. This pole-shift will occur 7 weeks after we see this planet x with our naked eyes, come from behind the sun. Our core started being pulled at around 1997 when the weather started changing in the 90's.

I wouldn't hold zetatalk to it as they are probably linked with NASA propoganda, but you can click on links to show how your area of the world might be affected. Clocks (not atomic as they automatically are set to Denver) will slow down believe it or not, the earth's core will detach from the crust causing a wiggle around the world for one hour. When the hour passes we will be in a new world. They recommend you don't try to use any existing structures to wait that hour in. F.Y.I. nobody knows exactly what it is. Also it could be a darkstar and ignite and give us a second (blue) sun or Jupiter could ignite fulfilling the blue sun prophecy by the Hopi Indians.

www.geocities.com...

Who knows, but I believe we are up for a change all around. Aliens, this planet shifting to 4th density, things never seen before, etc.

I would more likely say this is just the beginning, not an end. Part of the process.

www.detailshere.com...

[edit on 7-26-05 by pacman]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Well the end of the 'world' would be when the sun dies out or if another planet crashes into us I suppose.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
In my oppinion, the world will end as stated above by Nventual, that either the sun will die out, causing an initial expansion of the sun that will engulf the planet, wiping it out entirely. However, I believe the destruction of life on earth will be the direct result of something humans do, whether it be nuclear war, destruction of the atmospher etc.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Some where a biological wepon will get loose or be used. The bio will mutate and multiply, get picked up by the jet stream. 90% of the earths population will get sick and die. The remaining 10% will die from lonelyness or drug overdoses. The planet without humans will return to it's garden of eden splendor and all the creatures will frolic and play in the beautiful sunshine. The primary species on the planet will be the zebra. Next in line; dogs smaller than 40 lbs.

The planet Earth will continue like this for eons untill a planet eater comes along like the one in the Star Treck episode.

This can all be avoided if all mankind will learn how to play the electric guitar. Rockin is much more fun than fighting.

I don't think this sounds any more far fetched than some of the other ideas put forth on this thread. Peace!

[edit on 26-7-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I can't really just line you out on the basis of my understanding, as it is in my head, because it is years' worth of research, and my fingers would wear down to the knuckles! But I can point you in the right direction for your own research, there are some places were some reliable sources put together more than just an idea or two, which is the only way this can be figured out. The info is not just in one place or field of science, but in all manner of areas, from anthropology to archeology, history, world religions, physics, geodynamics, and paleontology.

The 'great year' is 52,000--this is the duration of the solar system's own 'rotation' within the galaxy. This corresponds to our 52 week year. The universe runs like clockwork, no doubt! LOL

If you haven't read up on my Mayan 2012 thing, a good one to read is John Major Jenkins' Mayan Cosmogenesis. When you research this, don't regard the various opinions and conclusions each source might make, just gather factual information, data. Then you can process it for yourself and it will be clear! I think the big problem these days is everyone wants an instant answer and the resultant confusion is stupendous. We can be our own detectives and we must. We cannot research every fact, but the internet can be a filter. Do a search on a subject, not a belief or theory, and check out as many different websites as there are groups of thought/theories. Regardless of what differing conclusions have been arrived at in each case, the set of consistent facts will begin to stand out, because facts don't change. If the buddhists, hindus, and mormons all cite the same source with the same exact data, the data is real to us all. Their conclusions are real to them.

Here are some topics:
climate change (especially 'global warming')
the pliestocene extinction
underwater archeological discoveries
middle east archeology
mythology of all sorts
religious lore of all sorts
Frank C. Hibben's trip to Alaska (he was a professor and UNM who is now deceased)
origins of language and civilization
the legends of Atlantis and Lemuria
megalith sites
the seven wonders of the ancient world

Here's a few pages that summarize a bunch:

www.quantavolution.org...
www.freerepublic.com...
s8int.com... (this one says 'proof of noah's flood?--noah's flood was not the flood of 10,000 to 12,000 years ago, but the information is useful if you keep that in mind)
www.altarcheologie.nl.../characters_01.htm
www.earth-history.com...

Back to the 2012 thing--our year has 4 seasons. So does the galactic year. And these 'seasons' change every 13,000 years just as our seasons change every 13 weeks. There is a climate change, however temporary, every 13 weeks, somewhat gradual but definitely discernible. Sometimes things die and other times there is renewal and rebirth. Same is true for the earth.

The winter solstice of the earth in 2012 will be lining up with the greater winter solstice that same year, something which doesn't happen except every 13,000 years (I think it is, anyway, it's very rare). If you've heard of precession (which is related to being in the 'age of aquarius' or the 'age of pisces') then that is the gradual movement of our earth, within the solar system, as the solar system does it's cycle in the galactic year.

So, in all probability, the last 'season change' was at the time of the Pleistocene period. And we are due for another now.

Sampling ice cores from antartica, they have made new findings that show that the last ice age melted in the space of 50 years! and the climate changed and was the same for 1000 years. Then, in 20 years, it adjusted to the climate we know now, which is more warmer than the ice age (of course). 50 years! Once ice starts to melt, it is an exponentially increasing process. The glaciers are retreating--research about tourism and environmental research in Alaska. They might soon be gone! They are retreating everywhere! The Ross ice shelf is thinning, as well. Last year, the northwest passage was actually clear for the first time in modern shipping history!

These things are broadcast, but they are being exposed more and more. This time last year it was total silence from the powers-that-be. But now they blame 'global warming,' etc. Natural disasters have increased, no matter what anyone says, if you look at each monitoring source independently (such as USGS for tectonic activity) you can see for yourself.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
BTW--when I say reliable source, I mean it only in the sense that the info on the pages is reliable, because I have checked it out myself over the course of my own research. As far as the sites involved, other things they might say could be really 'out there', but as is the case for all that is in the world, there is both truth and delusion mixed into everything of man's design and thoughts. The trick is filtering the truth outside of other's opinions which they often confuse with 'fact' and so therefore advertise as such.

What I say, even is not 'fact.' But it is my own theory, and there's a lot more to it than just the pole change, but you'd have spend 6 grueling months listening to me give you the low-down, and I'm sure that would be more than any human could tolerate.

[edit on 7/26/2005 by queenannie38]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I can't really just line you out on the basis of my understanding, as it is in my head, because it is years' worth of research, and my fingers would wear down to the knuckles! But I can point you in the right direction for your own research, there are some places were some reliable sources put together more than just an idea or two, which is the only way this can be figured out. The info is not just in one place or field of science, but in all manner of areas, from anthropology to archeology, history, world religions, physics, geodynamics, and paleontology.

The 'great year' is 52,000--this is the duration of the solar system's own 'rotation' within the galaxy. This corresponds to our 52 week year. The universe runs like clockwork, no doubt! LOL

If you haven't read up on any Mayan 2012 thing, a good one to read is John Major Jenkins' Mayan Cosmogenesis. When you research this, don't regard the various opinions and conclusions each source might make, just gather factual information, data. Then you can process it for yourself and it will be clear! I think the big problem these days is everyone wants an instant answer and the resultant confusion is stupendous. We can be our own detectives and we must. We cannot research every fact, but the internet can be a filter. Do a search on a subject, not a belief or theory, and check out as many different websites as there are groups of thought/theories. Regardless of what differing conclusions have been arrived at in each case, the set of consistent facts will begin to stand out, because facts don't change. If the buddhists, hindus, and mormons all cite the same source with the same exact data, the data is real to us all. Their conclusions are real to them.

Here are some topics:
climate change (especially 'global warming')
the pliestocene extinction
underwater archeological discoveries
middle east archeology
mythology of all sorts
religious lore of all sorts
Frank C. Hibben's trip to Alaska (he was a professor and UNM who is now deceased)
origins of language and civilization
the legends of Atlantis and Lemuria
megalith sites
the seven wonders of the ancient world

Here's a few pages that summarize a bunch:

www.quantavolution.org...
www.freerepublic.com...
s8int.com... (this one says 'proof of noah's flood?--noah's flood was not the flood of 10,000 to 12,000 years ago, but the information is useful if you keep that in mind)
www.altarcheologie.nl.../characters_01.htm
www.earth-history.com...

Back to the 2012 thing--our year has 4 seasons. So does the galactic year. And these 'seasons' change every 13,000 years just as our seasons change every 13 weeks. There is a climate change, however temporary, every 13 weeks, somewhat gradual but definitely discernible. Sometimes things die and other times there is renewal and rebirth. Same is true for the earth.

The winter solstice of the earth in 2012 will be lining up with the greater winter solstice that same year, something which doesn't happen except every 13,000 years (I think it is, anyway, it's very rare). If you've heard of precession (which is related to being in the 'age of aquarius' or the 'age of pisces') then that is the gradual movement of our earth, within the solar system, as the solar system does it's cycle in the galactic year.

So, in all probability, the last 'season change' was at the time of the Pleistocene period. And we are due for another now.

Sampling ice cores from antartica, they have made new findings that show that the last ice age melted in the space of 50 years! and the climate changed and was the same for 1000 years. Then, in 20 years, it adjusted to the climate we know now, which is more warmer than the ice age (of course). 50 years! Once ice starts to melt, it is an exponentially increasing process. The glaciers are retreating--research about tourism and environmental research in Alaska. They might soon be gone! They are retreating everywhere! The Ross ice shelf is thinning, as well. Last year, the northwest passage was actually clear for the first time in modern shipping history!

These things are not broadcast, but they are being exposed more and more. This time last year it was total silence from the powers-that-be. But now they blame 'global warming,' etc. Natural disasters have increased, no matter what anyone says, if you look at each monitoring source independently (such as USGS for tectonic activity) you can see for yourself.

[edit on 7/26/2005 by queenannie38]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Bush invade North-Korea. that day the world is doomd,

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
SOME say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice

Robert Frost

A little literary interlude, brought to you by:

Lightseeker

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
According to the bible, God already killed everyone in a great flood. Except for like 8 people. He made it rain for 40 days and nights and everyone was drowned. Pretty neat huh?

So this is our second chance, and we've been warned that if we piss him off again, next time the genocide of humanity will be by fire.

I mean with a god like this, who needs the devil?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Actually, to provide God with such bad press and apparent opposition, we do need the devil!
I think he really does a good job, too--he's got most of the world working for him in the name of God, and he's signing their paychecks with 'God!' And they are totally convinced!

Surely you are not fooled!>?

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think we will be here 500 years from now.

After living through WWIII and WWIV and WW V.. Nothing will stop the human race.

Maybe in a million years we will be gone. How?.. I don't know.

[edit on 29-7-2005 by YoungN]

new topics

top topics

join