It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Canadian Base

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2002 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I have heard reports of a secret Canadian base in the western part of the country. Are any of theses true and what info is available on them if any? I have seen some strange aircraft flying from a base in western Canada myself and would like to know if others have had similar experiences.

posted on Sep, 15 2002 @ 03:25 PM
link   
There's a base in cold lake, alberta.. i'm not sure if this is what your talking about. but this is where most of the f-18s are, theres nothing secret about it..

jra

posted on Sep, 15 2002 @ 08:17 PM
link   
there's another one in Alberta. unless this is the one you were talking about canspiracywannabe. though as far as i know this one doesn't have any jets or a runway for that matter. it's east of Calgary. you can see it when driving down the Trans Canada highway. the area around it is used for Tanks. they have a huge area to play around in. the British go there to play too. i've also heard this place had Bio and Chem weapons stored at it. though i don't know if they do anymore. the name of the place escapes me now though.

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 02:15 PM
link   
yes i know what base your talking about. its an old army base. its pretty much shut down now. they just store stuff there

jra

posted on Oct, 14 2002 @ 07:58 PM
link   
hmm well the base i was thinking of is still very much in use. because the british go there to train all the time. mostly with tanks. they have a huge area for doing that there.

still can't remember the name of the place though.

posted on Oct, 15 2002 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I suspect that they're all a 'little bit' "secret" -and be warned that you'll be asked on ATS how they can they be secret, if anyone knows about them?!
You might search the Nahanni Valley which was an old favourite and in the golden age of UFOlogy, the Great Lakes Triangle was a favourite with numerous tales of bases near or even under Lake Ontario.
An abandoned mine-shaft in Newfoundland was also, I recall, a collector's item.
Try "UFO's Canada" or some such.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
it's not a secret.if it is the base i am thinking about it might be suffolk. dnd's level-4 nbcd research facility.i have heard that a brit fell into one of the holding ponds, that most bases have,fell ill and was sent home.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Lake Ontario is right near my house i could walk thier.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
There is an underground city by thunder bay it was an air force base underground/city, I forget the name of it but it's near t.bay.......... it's on the tip of my tongue, dammit! anyone know the name?

Mountain something? North bay.... i dunno.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
www.miarch.com...

Why not drop in and ask these guys ??

/\/ight\/\/ing

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by T-B0
Lake Ontario is right near my house i could walk thier.

lake ontario is rather large. i can walk there myself. but i could definately not go everywhere it is on foot. it would depend on where on lake ontario. heck i can drive two hors on the 401 and sill not get to the end of it

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
the base outside of calgary, more towards saskatchewan, is quite big, if im thinking of the right base. if you look on a map, it should be listed, and shows it perimiter.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The base is Suffield. The Brits have an excellent marching band from their.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
As Rahboni mentioned, the base is CFB (Canadian Forces Base)-Suffield. I live in Calgary, about 45 minutes or so from there. It's just off the Trans Canada highway. Prince Harry was there for a few weeks last summer (and got himself into a bit of trouble when a local bar waitress took some pictures of him partying it up and sold them to the papers).

Anyways, CFB Suffield was built on lands deemed unfit for growing crops and expropriated by the Dominion Government in 1941. The remaining homesteaders were moved and the British used the base to test chemical weapons untl 1970. In 1971, CFB Suffield was recommissioned to train the British army's armoured battle groups.

CFB Suffield covers a total area of 2690 square kilometers, 458 square kilometers of which is a designated national wildlife area which has been considered "out of bounds" by the military for all training and defense research activities since 1971. I hope this helps jog your memory.

As for a secret base being there, well around here everyone and their dog could tell you about the base. I knew one Canadian Army Sargeant who worked at Suffield briefly and seemed very underwhelmed by it all. And I've never heard of anything strange being reported around there prior to, or since then. So maybe.

[edit on 7/8/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
In Saskatchewan, there are 2 bases, C.F.B. Moose Jaw (pilot training) and C.F.B.Dundurn. nothing secret here.........too bad lol. The air base is getting the runways repaved, thats about it from the prairies. If there is classified stuff going on, I'll be looking into it.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I almost forgot, there is an old army base just outside of Yorkton Saskatchewan. I have relatives that live in the area and if there is stuff going on out there, my family will let me know.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Why would Canada need a secret base?If someone could tell me reasons why this could be helped.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Why couldn't Canada have a secret base? I could ask the same question to you or anyone else for that matter. I'd like to think of the possibility we have a base that no one knows what goes on, either on or around the base.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Simple then grab good earth and get some info on either old military and former bases.Ones that don't stick out.Do a little research one that comes to my mind is CFS Leitrim Nanoose Bay,near Victoria, BC.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by alienstar]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join