It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India/Pakista/Turkey Military Rankings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Who has the best economic and conventional capabilities to win a war? I like Pakistan and India's economic growth. But as it stands today are they worthy of being ranked ahead of Turkey as far as strongest militaries go? Thanks for your time.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
wat is this a threesome war? u got to be kidding me about 3 nations be duking it out between each other. it will never happen.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I apologize for the misunderstanding. I am wondering out of those three countries, how would you rank them?

1) India
2) Pakistan
3) Turkey

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Yep.. thats about right..
At least thats IMHO..
But can I ask why an interest in these three countries in particular??

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I was coming up with a Top 10 strongest militaries in the world list and I assumed that thread had already been done on this board a 1,000 times before. So I wanted to condense my search to the 3 countries I had the hardest time with ranking. My list:

1) USA
2) UK
3) China
4) Russia
5) France
6) Germany
7) India
8) Israel
9) Pakistan
10) Turkey

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Objectively, Israel's ranking on your list is too low.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
1) US
2) UK
3) China
4) Russia
5) France
6) Germany
7) Israel
8) India
9) Pakistan
10) Turkey

Does that look good? I see Israel as one of the best defensive forces in the world. However, their ability to mobolize is quite poor compared to Germany.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Objectively, Israel's ranking on your list is too low.

seekerof

China is also too high.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I originally had China 4th and Russia 3rd, but Russia is not even Top 20 anymore in military expenditures. The Chinese economy is the fastest growing in the world and their military build up is impressive. If China is too high on my list, they won't be for long.

CIA Factbook $$$

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   
i hate these comparision things. but LooseLipsSinkShips please give me some info as how you did this list.

did you include the countries forigen reserves. current economic progress and current foriegn debt

you have missied a country that should be included. KOREA

either north or south. both are very high class. good training. but with north koreathey have old equipment

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I compiled my list based on a quarter century of expertise in the field of modern military powers. It started with the Gulf War in 1990. I heard that the Iraqi's actually had one of the largest armies in the world. This sparked my interest as a child. I researched every single machine gun, SCUD missle, tank, and WMD's Iraq held. it is my understanding that Russia was #2 before their economic crash. The inability to match military spending from years before the crash, Russia's military became neglected. Russia still holds some of the best weapons in the world. however, their inability to power that massive force moved them down my list. Thus, you can see how rising economies like Pakistan and India ranked favorably. This list is based on many circumstances. Everything from military tradition to technology.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
I was coming up with a Top 10 strongest militaries in the world list and I assumed that thread had already been done on this board a 1,000 times before. So I wanted to condense my search to the 3 countries I had the hardest time with ranking. My list:

1) USA
2) UK
3) China
4) Russia
5) France
6) Germany
7) India
8) Israel
9) Pakistan
10) Turkey

I wonder WHY you had a tough time arranging India Pakistan and Turkey in order of strike power!!

I would think one would have more of a problem with Russia/China/UK and France..
I don't think one can put any of the above above the rest mentioned above..

And How can you put Germany above India?
India has more firepower and has more reach the the german military as of now..

Also I would think Japan/Spain to be much more powerful than Turkey..

And as for Israel.. well It cannot be put above India or pakistan or Japan..
Whatever one may say..

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Yeah where is Japan, Australia, or South Korea?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

1) US
2) UK
3) China
4) Russia
5) France
6) Germany
7) Israel
8) India
9) Pakistan
10) Turkey

I think that UK is too highly ranked.
Noway on earth can the Uk defeat the chinese or the Israeli's or even the french for that matter.
Also Russia is way too high, their military is in shambles and cant be better than the Israelis.
Efficiency wise the Israeli's beat the hell out of all the rest but cant sustain war more than a month, thats the problem with Israel.
I think India's postion need to be reworked as well because even though they are basically slightly better than a WW2 army with nukes they have numbers on their side, huge numbers! Also in protracted conflict they have got the resources, with their obsession with indigenous production.

According to me the Top 5 would be :
1)USA [ No debate here!! ]
2)China [ This is very likely! ]
3)Russia [only because of the hundreds of nukes they have got.]
4)Israel [ has to be in the top 5]
5)France/India [both are good in their own ways, difficult to decide]

UK is way too small for them to be in the top5, granted they are some of the best but numbers do count!!

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I originally had China 4th and Russia 3rd, but Russia is not even Top 20 anymore in military expenditures.

CIA Factbook $$$

I am sorry to state that you are ignorant about the military expenditures of Russia
the link that you provided(CIA )didnt include Russia because they didnt have enough info about Russian expenditure [(because Russian official defense budget traditionally gives a highly reduced (3 to 6 times) figure and most CIA analysts had different views of the real value . )]
According to most defense analysts Russia is the 2nd largest defense spender in this planet (after USA)
acoording to a few others they are the 3rd largest defense spender (after china /saudi arabia)

here are the sources
1 Russian budget :
www.strategypage.com...

chinese buget
www.strategypage.com...

2 www.globalissues.org...

www.scaruffi.com...

www.worldthreats.com...

www.globalsecurity.org...

you should have done a bit more research before posting

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
If anybody has displayed the capabilities to be ignorant, it is you. Don't post in my threads again unless you can leave your bitter attitude out of the thread. As you can see one person says israel shouldn't be at #7 and then someone posts Israel as #4 on their list. So obviously, nobody really knows who is who amongst military powers. It's easy for people like prelude to sit back and criticize others, but you don't see prelude making a list because prelude's brain doesn't have the capacity needed to make a list!

So russian, i demand you make a list for all to see or you will have proven to be a fallacy.

By the way prelude, your link proves my point! Why act like an idiot because you are upset that your country is a shell of its' former self economically and militarily? leave that ugly attitude at home with you. Thanks for proving my point that Russia's poor economy is a main reason it doesn't rank high on my list.

Japan...last time I heard Japan didn't believe in things like War and didn't even have an army. japan has the best economy in the world after the US and some of the best technology in the world, but after they got NUKED they changed their philosophies. Why should Japan be on the list?

[edit on 27-7-2005 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
LooseLipsSinkShips
i dont think that i have posted something offensive against you...what makes you scream at me...i just gave some links that might help you to make a better analysis ...i dont know why did you get offended? You posted that Russia's Defense budget dosent rank among the top 20s ...i just proved that you were ignorant at this point .....I really cant understand what was there to scream about...if I am ignorant you must help me and if you are ignorant so will I ......perhaps there has been some misunderstanding

about my list (ie rank)
i have posted it long before (
www.belowtopsecret.com...
)

here is the copy paste

1 USA

Reason : today's stereotype media sources(including ATS ) doesn’t allow you to deny Ignorance ....If you want to prove something true you need the support of something false ...while dealing with the myth industry you become a part of It ..so are we all so is me

Pros : Enough resources, High Technology and Professionalism .

Cons : due to US backed media coverage the international audience is unaware of the cons of US military
however following drawbacks may be noted
1 too much dependence on foreign brains for Tech

2 I am not sure of this but I came to know that US gets a lot of minor parts from other nations –where its cheap . If this is true then it will be a great disadvantage for the US in case of a war isolation . please correct me if I am wrong

3 Questionable training :
The media tries to make us believe that they are the Best in everything but the recent repeated shameful defeats of USAF pilots against the IAF pilots (With so-called “backdated” soviet Equipment ) puts a big question mark on the efficacy of the US military training …when it comes to advanced countries .

2 Russia
Reason:
there are stereotype US western media backed negative-myths about Russia concerning
1 lack of Fund
and
2 Backdated soviet equipment

having seen the Russian facilities in my own eyes I have every reason to claim that they are all but just media backed myths
if you are interested in my out look read www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pros
1 one of the most talented pool of scientists in the world
2 Rich resources, technology , tradition, culture
3 one of the most diverse military systems in the world inheriting some of the best military units(many of with are almost absent in the countries that consists lower rank in my list ) Like :
1 The best special forces (Spetsnaz) …the beta unit has lost only 4 service men until today there are special Spetsnaz units for the army, air force and the navy who receive the best possible training
2 one of the best weather control technologies in the world
3 secret military cities/sites : according to analysts there are more than 200 of them : no one knows what there is ? according to US analysts they have undergone the most modernization among the Russian military units after the break down of USSR
4 Intelligence Dept (FSB - ex KGB)
Cons
1 Very poor management
2 corruption
3 lack of professionalism

3 and 4 UK and France
Reason : Tradition (that counts a lot )

Pros : 1 rich indigenous technology and Resources
2 professionalism

Cons:
France: since the WW2 has decided to stay off from wars and military spending as it does no good to the nation
UK: in spite of her rich military tradition , prefers to play a second fiddle to the US

5 India
Reason : they are a rising military power
Pros : a good pool of talented population
a developing indigenous medium tech military industry
a big man power

cons :
lack of war resources most importantly OIL
Indian politics and corruption
US Pakistan China backed terrorism
too much dependence on Russia and Europe for higher military tech

6 China
Reason : a rising Economy but too much over estimated

pros : economy
a big man power
reverse engineering

Cons
lack of war resources most importantly OIL
reverse engineering
corruption
lack of indigenous technology and too much dependence on Russia

of these the top 4 (ie US Russia UK France )will remain world leaders as far as military is concerned unless and untill some effective alternative fuel replaces petroleum because when there is a war you are likely to face an isolation ….so only self sufficient countries can survive ………the other rising powers (India and China ) lacks war resources most importantly oil and their whole military will crumble in case of a War Isolation

apart from this there are a few unrecognized powers with very high efficacy but we have poor knowledge and information to judge their power

1 The Muslim world
a jihad can unite them to a single country …and then they have all
nukes (Pakistan) money fuel etc (only no technology)

2 the EU
future may see a common military though chances are small

3 Israel
the secret Nuclear power

4 Germany
longing for a revenge…they have all- war tradition ., resources , technology etc the rise of neo-nazism throughout Europe and N America speaks of their influence

5 Brazil
that are they doing with a military budget of 18bn $ ….serving 24 hr free coffee to their military men ?

6 N and S Korea
frankly I don’t have much knowledge

[edit on 27-7-2005 by prelude]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by prelude

1 USA ...

good analysis

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by prelude

1 USA ...