It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Poll Question: Should ATS Have Poll Questions?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I love ATS. ATS is the best place in the world to find Real Investigative News that is not censored or spun.

I always ask myself, what would make ATS even better?

Should ATS add Poll Questions to the website? AOL, FoxNews, ESPN, CNN, ... all of these sites have poll questions. They are fun to participate in because after you make your vote...the standing results pop-up, and I like to see what others feel about issues and preferences. Voting is a Right and not a privilage.

Wouldn't you like to know the % of ATS members that believe there are aliens? or nWo? approve of the patriot act? want war with Iran or Korea?
America's Future? Oil Prices?

This could be a lot fun, and there are a lot of topics ... Weekly ATS Polls could be done by the site... and/or perhaps Creators of topics could add a poll to their own thread...and then in the posts people could explain why they voted a certain way.

This is a PETITION to ATS... tell ATS we WANT Polls!

We need 1000 posts if we are going to get this approved...

please everyone that reads this make a post and tell ATS how you feel

And please feel free to keep you posts as short as neccessary. Thank You

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
No.

Polls are pointless exercises in futility.

I can just imagine the kind of baited polls that would pop up around here, and the thought makes me cringe.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
@LeftBehind
HAHA. That literally made me laugh.

Anyway,

I myself think it would be a good idea but like LeftBehind stated, can you imagine the stupid polls that would pop up from this.

Think of it like this.

Do you believe god exists?
what do you think, Did Siverstiem say Pull it or Pull out or something else?
Are aliens going to kill us?
Do you think aliens are around?
Do you think god is a reptiian creature under the earth?

haha, anyway you get the idea.

[edit on 7/23/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind
No.

Polls are pointless exercises in futility.

I disagree with you, and i can see why. Just look at your sig. Thats says it all.

Polls are not scientific proof...they are interesting and fun to participate in.

And it would get the people that look but don't post to be more involved with topics.

thank you.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
That's funny, I happen to like my sig, and can appreciate the irony. it's not like I have the pope turning into a star wars character.

Anyway, the polls would fill up ATS with useless garbage way too quickly.

Can you imagine the kind of crap that would appear?

Here's some quick ones.

Is Bush a terrorist or only trying to be a dictator?

David Icke Truthful or only Misunderstood?

Moon landings, Fake or just lied about.

I think you get my point.

Polls are a bad idea period.

I appreciate the enthusiasm Where2Hide, but it just can't work on the scale that ATS is.

BTW, thanks ThichHeaded I didn't think of the humorous aspect until your post, hahahaha.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I think it would be cool if ATS (not ATS members) made polls. Maybe just one poll a month and then a thread could be started to discuss the results.

I think having member created polls as threads would defiantly cause more trouble than what it is worth. Certainly there are exceptions but I cringe at the thought of ATS boards being full of polls.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind
Can you imagine the kind of crap that would appear?

Here's some quick ones.

Is Bush a terrorist or only trying to be a dictator?

David Icke Truthful or only Misunderstood?

Moon landings, Fake or just lied about.

I think you get my point.

I actually would like to vote on these issues that you brought up. The topics aren't that bad.

Is bush trying to become a Dictator?
Did America Really Land on the Moon?
Is Icke crazy?

Yes! These are good topics to consider doing a poll for.

If there are only 10% of ATS that DOESN'T think USA landed on the moon, maybe that would help convince the 10% that maybe they are reaching a bit. Same with every other topic.

How about these...

Do you believe Time Travel is Possible?
Will the world end in 2012?
In what way will the world end? solar flare, asteroid/comet, volcanic eruption???
Is Big Foot for real?

The Poll Questions might get stupid sometimes, so ... then just don't participate.

ATS has one of the highest intelligences of any site I have ever been a part of... I would like to know the results of ATS Polls.... without ignorant people.

Deny Ignorance! Vote YES! for Poll Questions...Please! You will like it.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I think it would be cool if ATS (not ATS members) made polls. Maybe just one poll a month and then a thread could be started to discuss the results.

I love your idea! ATS should do that...and not allow member created Polls

Problem Solved! Thank you!

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Polls are fun to participate in and they give you an idea of how others feel about the subject at hand.

I know many people visit ATS and are not members, so I'd like to see these polls open to all visitors as well as members. That would give a wider perspective and a larger response.

I visit almost every day to check threads and a "Question Of The Day" would be interesting and fun to follow. If there were a thread linked to the poll for member comments it would make it that much more insightful.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I agree ATS staff to put Polls forth. I add ATS to review, accept or deny ATS Member request for a Poll as well.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
We've had polls before, about two years ago when i first joined. We have some excellent threads with polls, such as polls to do with government systems,etc.

In the end, i recall, they were open to alot of abuse, a lot of childish things got done, which got them removed *i think* but i could be wrong cause i dont remember there being an annoucement on why they were moved.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It looks like The ATS Members agree!

ATS needs to add ATS controlled Poll Questions.

ATS Poll Question of the Week - with posts below.

I would like to hear what the MODS have to say about this.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Polls are fun and could actually be useful to ATS staff to get a feel of what members like/dislike as well. If the polls are set up more like mainstream news sites then you just vote, get to see your results and thats it. As long as you don't set up a poll that allows voting and a written response then it would not be an issue. Polls could be perhaps a weekly or monthly item put on the first page of the site and the topic could be decided by staff and/or member suggestions that staff approve of.

Polls can in some cases also drawn in membership. For example if a poll is about aliens there could be a reference to the alien forum (not a specific thread, just the area of the forum) for the voter to click on and check out the site. In the long run, keeping members attention and drawing in new ones sometimes involves fun stuff vs serious stuff all the time. Hope we get polls.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memorialday1999
In the long run, keeping members attention and drawing in new ones sometimes involves fun stuff vs serious stuff all the time. Hope we get polls.

Me too. Thank you for your post! I didn't even consider the angle of POLLS bringing in more members. Maybe, you would have to become a member in order to view the results of the poll question, but not to participate in. This would make everyone who votes want to become members.

Great Idea!

C'mon ATS'ers Do you love this idea or what?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
i think this is a good idea, we get the chance of what most ats memebers think... i think you can only vote if you are on a ats accont. that way more people will sign up for ats to become a memember so they can vote in the polls.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I have presented this request before Skeptic Overlord and the council. I am waiting to hear back.

Lysergic has also asked for a poll forum for BTS.

Here's part of what I wrote:

Right now, GradyPhilpott has an excellent Poll thread:

Vote for the Greatest American of All Time!
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

It has one of the largest viewerships on the board.

On behalf of PTS, I officially request a forum for polls. Rules to be established at inception (if possible).

I think properly regulated, it an excellent idea. What is politics without polls?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This could have the potential of bringing new members into the ATS fold, and just the fact of having topical poll questions and having to be a member to comment on those polls will encourage more members to sign in/up.

And just as the threads are open for anyone to view I think the polls should be open to anyone to vote or view. Only members would be able to comment on the thread dealing with that poll, so more may sign up.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
With the midterm elections coming up soon, I think now is an excellent time to get this thing up and running. It would be great to be able to guage how this community thinks and feels on all the issues that will arise.

If given the go-ahead, the PTS poll forum would be managed in a no-nonsense way. Polls that have no relevance on the subjects covered at PTS will not be tolerated. If run correctly, it would be an excellent new feature on ATS.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
it would be an excellent new feature on ATS.

Thats what i am talking About!

Mods Please Respond, we want to know what you think...is this possible?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
it would be an excellent new feature on ATS.

Thats what i am talking About!

Mods Please Respond, we want to know what you think...is this possible?

I've been tryin to spread the word on this.. If you like it, do the same!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join