It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oujia Board

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I own several ouija boards, (including a 1919 board.)

A ouija board, like anything else is a tool.

A hammer in the hand of one man, can create. In the hand of another man, it becomes a weapon. A hammer in the the of yet another man, can be useless.

The ouija board is simply something upon which to focus your attention, while reaching out to the "Spirit" World.

One day, I brought over my glow-in-the-dark board to my sisters, (I was my newest board, I actually have a little collection of them now), and myself, my sister, and a friend who shares the same first name that I do, started using the board. We were completely sober, and we were not even smoking wacky-tobaccy, if you get my meaning

Anyway, my sister, the skeptic, thought that someone was "pushing", and so I offered to let her place only her hands upon the plancette, while I asked the questions.

Suddenly, she went real pale, and the plancette, was basically moving on it's own! She also felt that a "heavy hand" was resting on hers, and guiding the plancette.

Needless to say, she doesn't want the board over at her house anymore.

If the boards themselves were "possesed" by "demons", and such, the Parker-Brothers factory would be the most haunted place on Earth

I have experienced really scary things while using the board, and really positive things while using a board.

Like said, it is a tool, nothing more.

I also think that most of the "terror-tales" told to Christian-type youth, is done to discourage experimenting with the Occult (the word means "hidden").

Just a thought.....

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
If youre interested in the causes of oujia board results and live in the UK, I reccomend trying to catch Derren Brown's current tour. In the second half he does some very interesting demonstrations with a oujia board, as well as various things relating to mediums, psychics and seances.

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by Amarillo_Brice]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
BE CAREFUL! You never know what could be comunicating with you, whether its claiming to be your grandma or not. Anything can and will ly. If it's strong enough it may even be able you read your memories and mind. Just a word of caution.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
i have been extremely bored lately, and i remembered about my old ouija board in the basement. after blowing the dust off, i am somewhat hesitant to using it. if something happens, i can stop right away, right? and nothing further will happen? also, is it a good idea to use it alone?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
yea dont use it alone, and when you stop playing the ouija you have to put the planchette on good bye.

to end the connection, or it is possible that the spirit may not leave.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
how come i shouldnt use it alone? any specefic reasons?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
not really certain but that is what i always read as being something you shouldn't do. if i remeber right is supposedly easier to get possesed using by yourself.

i played by myself one time just for a minute but it did not work.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I would think the biggest problem with using a board alone is-how would you know if you were truly communicating with the Spirit World & not just tapping into your own sub-conscience?

You know-I will make one point: if we allow that the Ouija can really open the door to the Spirit World (which I believe it can), you will not really have control on who arrives & attempts to communicate with you.

Would you open your front door, to your home, unto a busy open street with a "Come On IN" sign? And then greet & allow anyone who enteres to stay & visit?

Uh......no.

Not every spirit that attempts communication is a nice spirit. (After all, Death will not automatically make your late Uncle Fred a nice guy. If he was an a$$h@le in life, he's still gonna be an a$$h@le in the Netherworlds).

But, not every Spirit is a Demon, either.

I encourage Spiritual Communication. But, you have to use common sense. And, if you are fearful. or suffer from Religious guilt, you will have a terrible time anyway.

Best not to use the board alone.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
i wouldnt open my front door to anyone, but cant you request certian spirits before you even use it. i think its called purifying the board or cleansing it, or something. and also, wouldnt it be cool to tap into your own subconsious? from what i make of it, our subconsious contains many things that we have no knolege of. whether i contact a spirit, or my own subconsious, i think it would be cool either way.
i have no religious guilt, although i do admit, i am a bit skeptical... either way, i should be able to close the connection at any time, as long as its against my free will, correct?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
i am becoming more and more inclined to actually use this ouija board. i would just like to know what happened to BladeRunner...

(BTW, if i did use it i would be using it alone) which i hear is not a good idea. i think its just what you make of it.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I've only had one experience with a Ouiji Board, and once was enough for me. My friends Melissa, Natalie, and I decided to use the Ouiji Board one night. Natalie was into the occult, and Melissa and I were interested.

We sat on the floor in Melissa's room and lit a candle. They were the ones touching the (can't remember the word) plachet (you know what I'm talking about) and I wrote down the letters it told us. We contacted a spirit who told us his name was "Alfred S." We asked him how he died and he said in a farming accident, and told us the month and year (May, i wish I could remember the year). I wasn't sure if they were just messing around with me, but I watched the thing move with neither of them touching it. Anyway... Alfred told us that Melissa was going to die in a car wreck in a month that began with M. I'm sure he told us other things, but none of which I can remember (this was about 6 years ago).

When we left the room we didn't realize how cold it had gotten in there, but compared to the rest of the house, it was freezing. Anyway, I wasn't so sure this was true, but I went to the library and looked at the obituaries from May of the year Alfred S. said he died in, and sure enough there was an obit for an Alfred S. who had died in a farming accident. Well, this is all it took to convince me that Melissa was going to die.

Long story short, Melissa is still alive and nothing Alfred said came true. The only thing that was true was his name and when he died. I'm not sure what we were talking to, if it was evil or not, or if it was just messing with us. Maybe this was all in our subconscious and we just got lucky with the name, date, and method of death.

In any case, I don't plan on ever using a Ouiji Board again.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I sat in my bedroom at 12am contacting the spirit of JFk and Jimi Hendrix. I didnt spend much time on JFK but with Hendrix I was amazed at the things he told me. How he liked my hair and saw I was a huge fan. He also said he hated teh way music is now adays, unpure and no soul to it.

After a few hours of contacting dead presidents and dead musicians I put it away and rarely touched it.

Maybe because I was and am a very positive person that I got a peaceful set of spirits to talk to or maybe it really was the spirits of those I requested. All I really know is that me, alone at midnight really made teh triangle piece fly across the board when I was to get an answer. Other times I had used it the replies were slow but this time the replies were very fast.

I think I may tempt fate and get me a new one and ask all sorts of questions about myself that I probally shouldn't. I been through so much in my short life that I have no fear of what might and might not happen. I just keep my thoughts pure and state that I am surrounded by white light and hope that nothing happens

Oh, I asked if there is a GoD and other questions relating to theology and I kept getting replies that I can not answer. Over and over again I got can not answer in relation to afterlife questions. Strange. Indeed.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
well my friend talked me into doing one today. Well it said its name was DC and it was killed on the old army barracks that used to be where i live, 1800s time. Anyways, it then said its name was "Daniel Furr" and i freaked because thats my name! i called it a liar and i said i was protected by the power of God 'cause it said it wanted to kill me. Once i started talking about my faith in God and how he protects me from satan, it kept spelling out "STOP". Then it said its real was Sam and my mate suddenly went dead cold *apparently he and another group contacted Sam before*. Things didn't seem like a game to me, i knew we was dealing with a demon of some sort. The more it started threating us, the more i told it we were protected by God and it didn't like the name God or Jesus Christ. Im a catholic and my friend could have been trying to scare me,but what we were dealing with was evil. After we stopped, i convinced him to take the board outside and burn it. Then once we done that i prayed to God to protect me and to forgive me aswell for contacting the dead.

I would be lying to you if i didn't say i was scared. Both of us was scared and i strongly believe that Oujia boards are not a game.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWatchYouToo

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
yeah but telling me to stay away is only going to make me more curious now, you need to tell me why i need to stay away...

Because sir, when you use a ouija board you are inviting spirits that you may not want into your environment. And once they are there they are very difficult to get rid of. ...
I once had an experience with a ouija board I will not soon forget. I made a cheapo ouija board out of paper and I asked it "Why does my (former) pastor not like me and the board replied "Because he doesn't like anyone more spiritual than him"
Well the next day or so I was in his office doing some work and I just happened to see his journal lying about (yeah I know how careless of him.. hehe) And I read an entry that made me jump- it said "I hate how people are more in tune with God than I am" I quickly put it away because no sooner than I read it he came in the office..... needless to say I never messed with ouija boards again after that.

OH= if you do decide to use one... NEVER use it alone.

How was this a negative experiance? You asked a question, and it answered truthfully. Something that could do that for me would be welcome.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
well my friend talked me into doing one today. Well it said its name was DC and it was killed on the old army barracks that used to be where i live, 1800s time. Anyways, it then said its name was "Daniel Furr" and i freaked because thats my name! i called it a liar and i said i was protected by the power of God 'cause it said it wanted to kill me. Once i started talking about my faith in God and how he protects me from satan, it kept spelling out "STOP". Then it said its real was Sam and my mate suddenly went dead cold *apparently he and another group contacted Sam before*. Things didn't seem like a game to me, i knew we was dealing with a demon of some sort. The more it started threating us, the more i told it we were protected by God and it didn't like the name God or Jesus Christ. Im a catholic and my friend could have been trying to scare me,but what we were dealing with was evil. After we stopped, i convinced him to take the board outside and burn it. Then once we done that i prayed to God to protect me and to forgive me aswell for contacting the dead.

I would be lying to you if i didn't say i was scared. Both of us was scared and i strongly believe that Oujia boards are not a game.

No not really interesting actually...when you clear your mind of all thought and after practice, you can do it for at least a minute, you will hear all sorts of things.
Voices and strange sounds, angry or violent people.

Its natural and it is the negative part of your psyche.

It is also normal for your friend to have subconciously kept the name of the "entity" Sam.

Also, the most terrifying thing you can imagine happening, is a demon telling you its gonna get you kill you or corrupt you....so what do you think the Ouija is going to tell you first? Exactly what you dont want it to--simple human psychology. The board will react to this stimuls as you expect it to..Calling out Jesus will ofcoarse work, because you believe it will

I kept journals for my ouija for YEARS. whole "spirit families and demons and angels and my deceased kin--all theser return guests!
All these ideas live within you. They are from you.

I dream of the same people and places all the time, none of which exist. I have astral friends, none of whom are living human beings.

When you attempt astral projection...the minute u think of evil, it is in front of you...it is instant.
It is also your mind.

as I said before in this thread...I dont discredit supernatuaral activity, but it is rare, that it cannot be discounted through natural phenom or human nature
20 year Ouija GAME PLAYER

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
why dont you guys video you using the thing and post it on the web and stick a pressure censure on top of the thing you move around which beeps if sumon presses to hard 2 move it! Then thr will be proof ghosts exist! Or get a 100 people together and get them all to do it at once on 100s of diffrent boards then thr will be proof of something controling it. why hasnt this been done? Maby coz this is all lies???????????

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxKrisxx
No not really interesting actually...when you clear your mind of all thought and after practice, you can do it for at least a minute, you will hear all sorts of things.
Voices and strange sounds, angry or violent people.

Its natural and it is the negative part of your psyche.

It is also normal for your friend to have subconciously kept the name of the "entity" Sam.

Also, the most terrifying thing you can imagine happening, is a demon telling you its gonna get you kill you or corrupt you....so what do you think the Ouija is going to tell you first? Exactly what you dont want it to--simple human psychology. The board will react to this stimuls as you expect it to..Calling out Jesus will ofcoarse work, because you believe it will

I kept journals for my ouija for YEARS. whole "spirit families and demons and angels and my deceased kin--all theser return guests!
All these ideas live within you. They are from you.

I dream of the same people and places all the time, none of which exist. I have astral friends, none of whom are living human beings.

When you attempt astral projection...the minute u think of evil, it is in front of you...it is instant.
It is also your mind.

as I said before in this thread...I dont discredit supernatuaral activity, but it is rare, that it cannot be discounted through natural phenom or human nature
20 year Ouija GAME PLAYER

interesting, can you post about this sort of thing cause i would like to hear more. I would love to hear more about your journals

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
me and my cousin used one of these 14 years ago when it was raining hard and all of a sudden in the living room window we saw something white floating by then we turned towards the kitchen window which we were sitting by and it went by there too, we freaked out and put it away instantly and never touched it again, it was home made with wood and glass.

also, that house is haunted(my whole family can confirm thats true) so things happen alot there.

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by namehere]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have always had much interest in the subject of supernatural phenom. I have spent my entire life attempting to give the theory credit.

My jury is still out. I have been able to credit nor discredit the idea paranormal activity.

Ive done everything from confronting what I thought to be "evil spirits".--"come get me, show yourself!", Id yell as a teenager , to deep meditation and dream therapy I do now.

Ive found that exploring your own mind is as mysterious as searching the great blue deep.

Your waking "conscious" self in just a part of you. Think about your mind during waking life: It is reacting to external stimulus (maybe some internal like that McBurrito you have for lunch). It is constantly decifering evaluating and redefining the evironment.

Most of your reactions to this stimulus are learned actions learned thought reactive patterns that you retrieve from your mind when encountering similar situations--mundane daily same ol same ol.

AT night, your true mind shows itself, and you interperate your concious life as you actually would without external influence.

Try this exercise of clearing your mind:
block out your envirement as you do everyday when you "daydream"
except do not think
about anything
this is tough, but its possible
after time, you will notice, strannnge things sounds visions popping up in your mind that make ABSOLUTELY no sense because you are relating it to your conscious self.
Just let them pass dont give them any thougt
and try to maintain this awareness of your open mind til the point of sleep
you will find an incredible "awareness" of these other selves that are submissive to you during this exercise.

These experiences are similar to OUIJA playing execpt OUIJA is much easier.
You give yourself a medium to transfer these lesser selves to the board

I DONOT discredit the idea of spirits..I just have a different perception of them
I believe in beyond 4 dimnsional space and vibrational energy.
Energy being created nor destroyed means--to me-- the electrical energy of your brain cannot just die, that it is trasformed and transfered elsewhere, somewhere in this multi-dimentional world.

I was always purely scientific and hoped for life beyond this world, hence my Oiuja experiences began.
I still entertain the thought that I may have "tapped" into "somewhere" thats not "here"

The OUIJA will run you in circles being vague and unresponsive or blatantly "guess" answers to your questions. Some call them lying demons.......

I would ask who lived here and I would get
whole family histories..
After researching, I would find some answers to be true some false........just guesses..guess from me or the other person playing I think.

I still love to play, because I love the idea of exploration. I also came to find many answers through meditation and lucid dreaming, AP that sort of thing.

So in a way yes I do believe in demons spirits god...but I also believe you can find them without ever leaving your own mind
venture within

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
xxxKrisxxx, i will start by saying that i respect and enjoy your perspective and intelligence. and i agree with what you say as these phenomana as being our lower selves, because really we are all one, though i am not sure this is how you mean it. yet i myself don't initially perceive things in this way i see them more as supernatural and individual beings first. i have had many experiences that have proven to me the unity of all live and or everthing. hopefully this does not sound like i am completely contradicting myself.

i guess what i am saying is that if ten people where to witness the exact same event at the exact same time standing side by side one another it is likely that each person would perceive that event in a different manner and have quite diverse emotional or intellectual reactions to the hypothetical event.

i mean there are alot of things that people do that i completely detest, and, perhaps even the people themselves-but yet we are all one. not only spiritually but physically or metaphysically. there is no real boundary between your body and the dust or air or anything. your existence as yourself is merely an illusion and your perception of your life just a dream.

if anyone thinks i am just talking out of my rearend, i promise you that i am not. there is a particular scientific experiment about the density of our most dense element that proves everything that we perceive with our main five senses is truely an illusion.

so what i am saying is that lately i have had somewhat of what seems like a streak of bad luck, yet relatively speaking it could have been alot worse.

wHy fiGHt yAurSElF?

[Edited on 4/23/2004 by panchovilla]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join