It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oujia Board

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Lately im becoming more and more obsessed by the idea of Oujia boards, im becoming increasingly curious to them...

if anyone here has ever done one i would like to know the possitives and negatives of doing so....

i am wondering are they really a channel, or are they something to do with the subconscience...

i cant see myself holding back much longer i am fasinated by the possibilities of the oujia board...

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Virdict is still out...subconscious versus spirits... From my own experiences, I'm going for the latter, especially if used alone.... However, when using with a group, seems to be more out of the subconscious. Though, you should also look into Automatic Writing... It's cheaper, easier, and faster, and is much clearer (not to mention a hell of a lot creepier....)

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
well i was thinking of setting up a project and getting people, who i pay, to ask the board some rather dangerous and strange questions, whilst i film and record everything that happens.....

i think it would be a great doccumentary...

knowing my luck it would probably be really boring...and nothing will happen..

who knows as soon as i come into some money, ill start this idea....

id love to be able to go and investigate supposidly haunted houses

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I think it can be of spiritual or of subconcious in it's outcome. But unless you are a very possative person and don't draw negative things your way it can be, shall we say - not good.
I've heard alot of stories but not once have I seen stuff happen.
It is a easy channeling tool yes - but what you get it not generaly your friendly casper type situation. You usualy end up with alot of lies and nasty attitude or bad natured humor if you get anything from a spiritual side at all.
*ehem* And you don't have to buy one from parker brothers.
I can't think of passative/negatives really - just a way to use time unwisely and take a risk on gathering things you probably don't know how to get rid of and may not even realise you have if your not careful.

Let me see here...Blade runner...
Too much negative Blade Runner. Don't fiddle around until you can get rid of some negative feelings ect.
If there is a Cindy here - don't do it.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I posted a few months back on my experience with Ouija boards. Whatever you do, do not attempt it while stoned off your ass or trippin on acid. Youll believe anything it says then.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I wanna try a quija board just for the experince i know ppl who have tried it they say it isnt a fun thing but i wanna try it still.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
PPPPLLLLEEEEAAASSSEEE VISIT MY BLOG OR ELSE........YOU WONT LARF!

What the heck is a blog anyway? Last time I hit a link just to see what it was I ended up voting for I don't know who for I don't know what.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I've never used a ouija board. Curiosity is a factor, but I'll try to keep my distance. As a ghost hunter, I attempt contact in different ways. I've read/heard of too many negative happenings while using the board.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
For about 2 years in high school, I was involved in regular sessions. It started on a lark....got more intense, and culminated in...an event. I haven't looked at or touched one since, but I still feel drawn to them on a certain level.

Might have been my over-active adolescent mind back then...*shrugs* But....

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Well Blade R......there's this thread.....
� Paranormal Abilities � To summon a Spirit!!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

� Paranormal Abilities �
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 8/23/2003 by helen670]

[Edited on 8/23/2003 by helen670]

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Too many nasty stories, too many people in mental institutions after dabbling, too many suicides after dabbling, too many murders after dabbling.

Whether it emanates from the subconscious, the spiritual or a mixture of both it tends to produce/attract a more negative type of energy.

My advice don't do it!

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
i have a few spooky experiences with oujia boards, some scared the crap out of me

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Ouija board= bad idea. Even knoweldgable witches say that unless you really know what you are doing, don't even try it.
I think that it is the best and easiest way to become posessed by evil spirits.

www.unsolvedmysteries.com... but it's your choice to do whatever...

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
well the way i see it is, if it is spirits, we have something they dont have a pyschical realm body,

if it is the subconscience, and it can move objects by thought, could amazing things be done by telekenisis, ie 20,000 people lifting the blocks of the pyramids by thought?

allso has anyone, allso thought of the possibility that spirits could be parracites... that posses different creatures in different galaxys and realms...

maybe we are all just a bunch of parracites.... and these are not our bodys at all...

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
well the way i see it is, if it is spirits, we have something they dont have a pyschical realm body,

***That's right. Now what do you supose they'd want with a physical body? Fleshly pirks right? Sex maybe - drugs or alchohol (figureing, like I said, your not going to be congering up 'good' ones.)
Now I said I hadn't seen anything, and I haven't. And I wasn't going to mention this because frankly - I'm not so sure if I believe it myself, I'm thinking it is probably just a 'timeing' coninsodence. But - here goes.
Ok - great gal, no drugs, no drinking, stayed home, happy(ish) wife/mom, church goer ect. "Spiritual endevers" came along. Lots of time with the board and all of the sudden Miss ruffles and lace betty crocker was a lether and lace bar hopping drunk, affair having mistress of the night. Hmmmm.....her entire personality did a 180 as did the atitudes of those around her. Let's continue...

if it is the subconscience, and it can move objects by thought, could amazing things be done by telekenisis, ie 20,000 people lifting the blocks of the pyramids by thought?

****let's do an experiment shall we? Grab a string or necklace. tie something to the bottom of it or loop it through the necklace. You've got a basic pendelem(sp) type thing going on right? Ok, stop it. Holding it still announce that strait ahead and back towards you (like this --- and deminstrate) means yes. And announce that back and forth (again, demonstrate) means no.
There you have it A "jist" of what you are questioning here. Now - ask a yes or no question and watch the thing move. (ask the question in your head - not out loud)
Now - is it subconsious or spirits pushing the thing to answer for you. Let's say you try to hold very still and not think of the answer - this way (you think) it's not subconsious. WRONG Why? Because your brain and your fingers work together. You may not be seeing finers move but they are moving the chain. Don't believe it? Ask someone near you to hold the chain (not telling them what your doing)...pretent to tie your shoe or something - what ever, but just have them hold it still and ask that question in your head again. It won't move if they are holding it still.
Now the board. Some can do it others can't. Simple as that and I don't know why.I can tell you this - of the ones who cn do it - many are having effects of the subconsous. Whant to see if it's real or subconsious? Use video tape or have another there to record the letters as it slides around. Ask your questions or what ever - then, without looking, do the same thing. Chances are, if it's not spiritual you won't be producing words or not even hitting the letters...maybe not even moving the 'thing'. But you do have to have a feel for it.
When moving the pointer or if writting moving the pen/pencil - you don't "push it around" You get it started yes, but then you let IT move - you don't move it.

allso has anyone, allso thought of the possibility that spirits could be parracites... that posses different creatures in different galaxys and realms...

****let me ask about this one...
Ok, I think the answer is that it can happen but the person has to want it to happen. It can't happen without getting permission from the person...although the person can be 'tricked' into giving permission.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 04:23 AM
link   
AngelaLadyS. Are you a "Spiritual Expert"? you seem to know what you are talking about. Any chance you could shed some light on the whole concept of Automatic Writing for me?

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
AngelaLadyS. Are you a "Spiritual Expert"? you seem to know what you are talking about. Any chance you could shed some light on the whole concept of Automatic Writing for me?

***Oh my no, I'm definately not an expert. I wish I knew more but there's SO much we can't comprehend I'm working on that though. I am just fortunate to have expert helpers. LOL.

As far as qutomatic writing, the way I use to do it anyway - there are 2 ways to go about that. The first way is all subconcious and ment to be. It's real thyrapudic and I often suggest it for those who have alot going on in there lives and can't seem to find a place to start when it comes to talking about it. The second way - what I believe you are referring to, letting something else take over and do the writing for you, I think is much like the board. Some can do it easily while others just can do it at all. And, again like the board, I think it can be spiritual or subconsious - depending on the ability the person has to tap into the spiritual side. (I think we all have ability, some more than others and some can tap into it more than others).
For me personaly, I get the same thing from auto writing that I do a board. And it depends on the person as to what they get comming through as well.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
PPPPLLLLEEEEAAASSSEEE VISIT MY BLOG OR ELSE........YOU WONT LARF!

What the heck is a blog anyway? Last time I hit a link just to see what it was I ended up voting for I don't know who for I don't know what.

Well u obviously hit the wrong link then!

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I will never ever touch a Ouji Board.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rahboni
For about 2 years in high school, I was involved in regular sessions. It started on a lark....got more intense, and culminated in...an event. I haven't looked at or touched one since, but I still feel drawn to them on a certain level.

Might have been my over-active adolescent mind back then...*shrugs* But....

it would be nice if you could describe this event, if you cant because or emotional reason's then i understand, just say i cant tell you about it i fully understand

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join