It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq’s WMD – Hidden in Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
There is absolutely no evidence to indicate this. I heard the same rumors shortly after Iraq was invaded, when they were finding there were no WMDs. Like I said, no evidence; it's a total guess.

The fact that Skippy would put hundreds of thousands of lives in danger to act upon a guess isn't surprising considering there are Muslims involved.

Confucius once said he always tried to walk with two other people - a wise man to show him how to behave, and a fool to show him how not to behave. Take an example from Skippy, guys. If everyone in the West were like this person, I swear to you that we would have a Muslim Holocaust at this very moment.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by bsbray11]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
LOL!!! Now they are trying to get Lebanon involved, it is not enough for them, they want to start another civil war in Lebanon.
More to that it sound so funny when you talk about weapon of mass distruction in Bekaa Valley, have you seen it? It's nothing but farms.
Talking about Iraq, usa claimed to the whole world they knew where the WMD was situated, they even tried to show some laboratories, well i have a question, why didn't you guys track them and took pics of WMD crossing the border?
If you have had any proofs you wouldn't start the war without UN, but you didn't and dont have any now, so this is just an excuse for another war.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
So, it appears that Saddams buddy Assad, both Baathist governments, helped him remove his stockpiles prior to the invasion in 2003.

Why would you beleive this baseless report???

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Also, they may both have been Ba'athist governments, but Saddam sure wasn't buddies with the elder Assad, more like bitter rivals. Assad chose against Saddam during the Gulf War. It was only under the younger Assad they strated to get along better again, but far from "buddies".

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon666
. It was only under the younger Assad they strated to get along better again, but far from "buddies".

The enemy of your enmemy is your friend.

Last I checked, ol Syria still has BIG influence in Lebanon, and the Beks valley is a perfect place to hide stuff, and those convoys of trucks were sure as hell not carrying grain or m&m's.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Syria is where these insurgents are comming from, as well as SA. So it doesn't seem all surprising to me. We should invade Syria for allowing insurgents to cross the border while taking no action to hault this. They are supporters of the insurgency and are an enemy of the coalition force. Israel I think would more than likely back the US in an invasion against Syria considering their past history.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Syria is where these insurgents are comming from, as well as SA. So it doesn't seem all surprising to me. We should invade Syria for allowing insurgents to cross the border while taking no action to hault this. They are supporters of the insurgency and are an enemy of the coalition force. Israel I think would more than likely back the US in an invasion against Syria considering their past history.

How many more countries?
How many more Co-alition men will we send home in boxes?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11 Take an example from Skippy, guys. If everyone in the West were like this person, I swear to you that we would have a Muslim Holocaust at this very moment.

I don't doubt that for a second.

As long as he doesn't have to pull the trigger himself right?

But then again that is how holocausts work right, someone decides that
all people of X faith/race are all evil and must die, then someone else
does the killing.

At least he's got that whole concept taken care of.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
Mr. Crowne.

Wilst your facetious post was humourous at best. Can I ask , how you, as such a proponent of the west, can nonchalantly insinuate that the USA has NOT been behind most of the exploitative policies during the latter half of the twentieth century?

That being said (and being the case) How can you not expect reprercussions?

Apparently you read only half of the history book and fell asleep before you go to the half that covered Soviet exansionism. See, that is why we found ourselves in places we were.
I have stated many times that we created emergency stop-gaps that would later cause us more anxiety, but at that time, we had to stop the Red Tide. WE won, whether or not we realized we were still going to have headaches because of the Cold War.

Regardless, that is a very myopic rationalization, and on top of that, the dog just doesn't hunt. Our way of life is 180 degrees of the Islamic rule, and we would be the target, anyway. Before Afghanistan (I mean, when the Soviets invaded, and we helped the freedom fighters in their struggle), we were already a target. Why do you think TWA was called "Traveling With Arabs"?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
lame.

just what do those satelite photo's show? absolutely nothing.

and from what source are they from?

www.2la.org...

The lebanese association. Yes, because Syria is really popular in lebanon right now? aren't we?
Ok half of lebanon do love us, but the other half would like nothing more than for the US to attack us, isn't that right blood_thorn? Your source, has an agenda for inventing such ludicurous claims. Hey, perhaps this website's claims will end up being read out by collin powell to the united nations in the future
Like when he read out that dosier that said iraq had nuclear weapons which turned out to be something that was fake and ripped off from the internet.

First of all, if Saddam actually HAD WMD's , he would have USED them to DEFEND HIMSELF, since "he" is now in jail, wouldn't you think he would have used all he could stay in power???? Why would he have thrown his biggest trump card away? This defies alll logic.

Secondly if saddam had any sort of WMD's america would never have invaded iraq, they would have been to affraid. Just like they are too affraid to do anything about north korea. saddam hussain "we don't have WMD's" George Bush, "prove it". North korea "we DO have Wmd's" george bush "prove it". It was only after the US made sure saddam had no wmd's using the united nations. The MAD concept, mutally assured destruction, learn it, apply it.

Thirdly, if Saddam had WMD's then the United Nations weapons inspectors would have found atleast the smallest trace of their existance.

Fourthly
Syria's government and saddam's government where never really good friends, infact in the first gulf war, WE WHERE AT WAR WITH EACH OTHER.

Fifthly, Syria doesn't need anyone elses WMD's thankyou, we are just fine with our own. Want us to prove it?
go ahead and invade, you'll get the proof very quickly, heh heh heh. We never signed any treaty that says we can't have them and we are completely within our rights to own them by any law in the United nations or otherwise. Besides we have seen what happens to countries that don't have them, like iraq.

The raging imperialist beast, the US government, must be stopped. I think even some good people in the US are realising that now.

- Take care, and be safe

[edit on 23-7-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Lack of proof is not proof of lack. We have secrets too.
Syria had stated previously that somebody (paraphrasing here and this was a number of years ago) should get nukes and use them on Israel.

If Sadam didn't have a WMD program, then where did Dr. Death as she was so affectionately called, come from?

If Sadam didn't have WMD aspirations then what did Israel bomb years before Desert Storm?

Sadam had an eight year war with Iran, has a "horn of plenty" monument filled with Iranian helmets and yet he sent his jets there during Desert Storm. "The enemy of my enemy..."

Sadam had "rolling labs" , garbage trucks basically that he used to keep his experimentation going and away from our ordinance.

Bible Code software (bunk or not ) predicts 2005 is the year the WMD that were smuggled through Syria into the Becca valley will be used. Time will tell. The fact that the sites had been exposed could mean that Syria would use them or lose them. What good is a bullet if it isn't fired?

A number of insurgents in Iraq were from Syria, we even had battles waging near their border.

"We will fight these terrorrists or the people that harbor these terrorists on all fronts." what does that mean to you?

The Book Of Revelations predicts Armageddon in that region, do you think a world would go to war over a camel?

yeah, get ready for it. We might not find WMD's but we didn't find Dim Laden either.

btw, I saw a thread asking if we had the real Sadam, he's really in Sweden having a sex change, wants to be called madam, but we decided to call him Hadam

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
In regards to this topic.
1. For Gods sake people, listen to AceOfBase when he posts will you - a rational person that THINKS before he posts. He pointed out these claims (which were brought up around 2 years ago by the way) have been investigated and proven false.
2. Syrian Sister is correct in why these claims are bogus using common logic, if you didn't bother to read AceOfBase to get the facts.

Skippy, spend atleast 5 minutes next time you decide to post CRAP just to try and validate America's war on the Middle East.

DH was put on global ignore for a week for doing this against America, maybe the TOC should be updated to read that anti-arab/islam/middle east posts are OK but anti-American posts will come with a ban.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulforge
I don't care if Syria has them. They lack the ballz to do anything more than insurgency and terrorism.

Its real easy to pass comments like this from the safety of you PC
. I take it you are from Syria ? The white house should sack all there staff and hire all the muppets on this place, cause you all seem to be middle east experts. I bet most of you guys have never even left your home towns, let alone the counrtys in question. So unless Soulforge you have the nuggets to walk up to a guy from syria and them him "you lack the ballz" to his face shut up !

[edit on 23-7-2005 by Sand_man]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

In regards to this topic.
1. For Gods sake people, listen to AceOfBase when he posts will you - a rational person that THINKS before he posts. He pointed out these claims (which were brought up around 2 years ago by the way) have been investigated and proven false.
2. Syrian Sister is correct in why these claims are bogus using common logic, if you didn't bother to read AceOfBase to get the facts.

Planet Earth to shroud: Do yourself a huge favor and do not tell anyone else anywhere that you get your talking points from either ace of base or syrian sister. My God man, have some self respect! One of them simply wants you dead since you're in the U.S. and the other wants to help him.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Planet Earth to shroud: Do yourself a huge favor and do not tell anyone else anywhere that you get your talking points from either ace of base or syrian sister. My God man, have some self respect! One of them simply wants you dead since you're in the U.S. and the other wants to help him.

I don't get my talking points from either of those posters (thou i stand by my support for AceOfBase being one of the few logical posters on this forum) but in this thread both of them are correct. Firstly AceOfBase who pointed out that this is OLD news which has been DEBUNKED which i also know because 2 years ago when this topic was first brought up, i did the reasearch and found out that it was bunk.
Syrian Sister posted logic which was correct, that if WMDs existed and were moved, it would be known or traces would of been found using equipment called 'sniffers' which can detect trace elements in case such WMDs were moved prior to inspection.

Go read some real news, your supporting 2 year old debunked information because you think people want you dead. That's true paranioa.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
again, the lack of proof is not proof of lack... did you even read that article?
I could tell you anything but that doesn't make it truth. That region has always been fighting amongst themselves, do you think they would want anything but war to take out their other enemies?
let me quote Ace Of Base's link...
"Although Syria helped Iraq evade U.N.-imposed sanctions by shipping military and other products across its borders, the investigators "found no senior policy, program, or intelligence officials who admitted any direct knowledge of such movement of WMD." Because of the insular nature of Saddam Hussein's government, however, the investigators were "unable to rule out unofficial movement of limited WMD-related materials."

The Iraq Survey Group's main findings -- that Hussein's Iraq did not possess chemical and biological weapons and had only aspirations for a nuclear program -- were made public in October in an interim report covering nearly 1,000 pages. Yesterday's final report, published on the Government Printing Office's Web site ( www.gpo.gov... ), incorporated those pages with minor editing and included 92 pages of addenda that tied up loose ends on Syria and other topics.

U.S. officials have held out the possibility that Syria worked in tandem with Hussein's government to hide weapons before the U.S.-led invasion. The survey group said it followed up on reports that a Syrian security officer had discussed collaboration with Iraq on weapons, but it was unable to complete that investigation. But Iraqi officials whom the group was able to interview "uniformly denied any knowledge of residual WMD that could have been secreted to Syria," the report said."

Wat is it about "unable to rule out unofficial movement" or "who admitted" you don't understand? When Russia broke up, a lot of nukes, suitcase size etc, went "missing"... oh, I see, they weren't there. Ever hear of "the fog of war"?

And as to this...
"that Hussein's Iraq did not possess chemical and biological weapons and had only aspirations for a nuclear program"
go tell that to the Kurds, the Iranians, and even the ones who tried to overthrow him after Desert Storm. You might also want to tell all those investigtors who found old stockpiles.

And as for Syria being farmland and the sat's not showing anything... we have silo's on farmland too, we also have Area 51 and Sat's don't show anything there either.
No, I don't buy into your peace loving theory... just look at the animosity with which SS ends her post.
Armageddon is a reality, face it and get right with the Lord and lets roll... it brings about the second coming and THAT is the only thing that will bring peace to this world.

With all due respect, don't try to minimize a threat just because you don't want to believe it. Don't think that I WANT to believe it either, I'm a Christian and want to love everybody, but lets call a spade a spade and quit fooling ourselves on the middle east. Either we get out or we go the route, there is no best of both worlds on this one.

And Syrian Sister, I got a news flash for you... you might think becase we on this board talk about conspiracy and how we suspect the government that we won't follow our leader. Its something a patriot is moved to do and we know our society is still the best thing on this planet. We might get led astray under a president, but our presidents only hold 4 year terms and the people can only be fooled for so long. ...there's an expression, doing the wrong thing for the right reason.

Think about that the next time you so gleefully watch some poor kid blowing himself up.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   

haha just had to show this one its pretty funny

anyways to the topic. I dont think the WMDs are hidden in Syria as the bush administration would of gone after them by now, that is if the war was about the wmd's

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   

this is OLD news which has been DEBUNKED which i also know because 2 years ago when this topic was first brought up, i did the reasearch and found out that it was bunk.

Oh, I see, you had the inside track on info. Do you think that you know what I won't tell you? Get real man, how hard is it to deny or to hide something. Those same sniffers are being used all around New York, what kind of range do you think they have anyway? Believe what you want, but America isn't going to be fooled I can assure you.

And I have to ask, as a researcher are you more qualified than our counter-terrorism experts that have been warning for DECADES?

Definition of a hockey puck: Brainless object that needs slapping around to achieve a worthwhile goal.

Think about how many ways words can be twisted. Then think about who spoke them. Although I guess you never heard of the expression double talk either.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by keybored
No, I don't buy into your peace loving theory... just look at the animosity with which SS ends her post.
Armageddon is a reality, face it and get right with the Lord and lets roll... it brings about the second coming and THAT is the only thing that will bring peace to this world

Yeah, you have it all worked out.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Yeah, you have it all worked out.

This wasn't my call. If it were, I would have done things differently. Bottom line is the end result and it doesn't take rocket science to see where this is leading.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join