It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq’s WMD – Hidden in Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I wonder if these are what Bush & C0. went to war over? It has been common knowledge that the Iraq elite had these removed after they kicked out the inspectors back after the first war. I think Saddam may have been telling the truth to a point about not having them. If they are in Syria, this is a far more dangerous situation then they would have been if they were in Iraq. The Syrian's are sending over their border with Iraq thousands of people willing to fight alongside the Iraq insurgency. What I find is more troubling is that Syria is the one the U.S. military should be targeting. Those WMD's are sitting there waiting for thing to get real ripe in Iraq. It was not too long ago that I had read that the Russians had a hand in moving them there. Has anyone else heard about the Russian involvent?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
The enemy of your enmemy is your friend. Last I checked, ol Syria still has BIG influence in Lebanon, and the Beks valley is a perfect place to hide stuff, and those convoys of trucks were sure as hell not carrying grain or m&m's.

We all know what utterly stupid thinking like that resulted in when the US backed Saddam against the Kurds because he fought Iran and when the US backed the mujaheddin against the Soviets. That thinking has directly resulted in 9-11. Considering the Beka valley, I'd like to know why the hell it would be the perfect place to hide stuff, after all, it is not even firmly under Syria's control. Nor have there been noticed convoys of trucks going into the Beka valley at the time. The US has alleged it had

Originally posted by Frosty
Syria is where these insurgents are comming from, as well as SA. So it doesn't seem all surprising to me. We should invade Syria for allowing insurgents to cross the border while taking no action to hault this.

That's what the US says, without a shred of proof. Maybe you should invade when you have proof, or is proof not required anymore when undertaking a billion dollar and thousands of lives costing enterprise like war? You so easily believe what your government wants you to believe. Sometimes I really think a lot of Americans are perfectly fit these days for living in a Putin style authoritarian regime, disguised as a democracy.

Originally posted by Frosty
They are supporters of the insurgency and are an enemy of the coalition force. Israel I think would more than likely back the US in an invasion against Syria considering their past history.

At best Israel could on its own destroy Syria's airforce. Israel couldn't even successfully occupy Lebanon during the 1980s.

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
Those WMD's are sitting there waiting for thing to get real ripe in Iraq. It was not too long ago that I had read that the Russians had a hand in moving them there. Has anyone else heard about the Russian involvent?

Don't believe everything you read. There are extreme leftists or islamists on one hand that write dozens of sites and articles on how 9-11 was setup by the US government and on the other hand you have rightwing wackos that love to come up with any old story claiming Iraqi WMD were in Syria and the Russians or God forbid the French got them there.

[edit on 23-7-2005 by Simon666]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Simon666 aside from your comments entirely, I have to ask you... Islam is against infidels and feel that all should be wiped out who are not of their faith. Looking at you nic and the way you describe yourself, do you really think you are a solution?
I'm gonna be off-line for a couple of days but I would be interested to know how any comments coming from "a priest of satan" would have anything but a detrimental affect to negotiations or understanding of a people who would most certainly take you out first.
Please explain.

[edit on 23-7-2005 by keybored]

edited for typo's (dyslexic keyboard

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by keybored
Simon666 aside from your comments entirely, I have to ask you... Islam is against infidels and feel that all should be wiped out who are not of their faith. Looking at you nic and the way you describe yourself, do you really think you are a solution?

Have I claimed to be a solution? To what? I just don't like religion, that would be a solution for militant islam though. Make them atheist.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

Syrian Sister posted logic which was correct, that if WMDs existed and were moved, it would be known or traces would of been found using equipment called 'sniffers' which can detect trace elements in case such WMDs were moved prior to inspection.

Go read some real news, your supporting 2 year old debunked information because you think people want you dead. That's true paranioa.

I tell you what, since you where there when we hit 'certain' areas, I will just take your word for it that those sniffers did not go off, at least not more than a 1/2 dozen times.

If you actually read the report, as someone pointed out above, it was inconclusive at best. I think they were moved as we gave them plenty of time screwing with the UN and France.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

Fourthly
Syria's government and saddam's government where never really good friends, infact in the first gulf war, WE WHERE AT WAR WITH EACH OTHER.

You really should do your homework SS you are failing again
That is not what took place prior to this war you were still in diapers at that time how would you know? You truly should stop listening to the lies that others tell you and search out the info first before opening mouth and inserting foot as you tend to do.

this is current as of 2004

Meanwhile, Syria was pulling in big bucks for arming not the United Nation's "political will" but Saddam himself.

The Duelfer report says that in that same month before the war, while Syria’s Al-Shara was arguing for "peace," Saddam’s government was signing contracts with a Syrian company owned by a relative of Syria’s President Bashar Al-Assad . The contracts were to buy "portable air defense systems, Kornet antitank guided missiles, rocket-propelled grenades (RPGs), heavy machine guns, and 20 million machinegun rounds for delivery to Iraq," according to a former high-ranking Iraqi official.

In the case of those particular munitions, delivery was apparently interrupted by the U.S.-led coalition's overthrow of Saddam’s regime. But plenty of forbidden items had poured through Syria to Iraq already, including munitions that may still be killing coalition troops and Iraqi civilians. For the final two years of Saddam’s regime, Duelfer’s report explains: "Syria was Iraq’s primary conduit for illicit imports," handling contracts for $1.2 billion worth of forbidden goods and services, including weapons and military technology.

While arguing for 'peace' in U.N., Syria armed Iraqi dictator...

[edit on 7/24/2005 by shots]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
skippytjc, this may be of interest to you and others?
Posted back in early 2004: Iraq Unloading WMD Into Syria.

For more information, use Google by searching Iraq WMD + Syria + Bekaa Valley

seekerof

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by keybored
I'm gonna be off-line for a couple of days but I would be interested to know how any comments coming from "a priest of satan" would have anything but a detrimental affect to negotiations or understanding of a people who would most certainly take you out first.
Please explain.

Woooah! Islam is what!!! careful fella, I think you're buyin' into the media-speak claptrap!
I advise you to check the writings of faiths from other lands, before you get into a world of hate that may blind you into doing something that may harm others!

This is the quag-mire we're all in.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

Fourthly
Syria's government and saddam's government where never really good friends, infact in the first gulf war, WE WHERE AT WAR WITH EACH OTHER.

You really should do your homework SS you are failing again
That is not what took place prior to this war you were still in diapers at that time how would you know? You truly should stop listening to the lies that others tell you and search out the info first before opening mouth and inserting foot as you tend to do.

Correction the above post should not have read

You really should do your homework SS you are failing again That is what took place prior to this war you were still in diapers at that time how would you know? You truly should stop listening to the lies that others tell you and search out the info first before opening mouth and inserting foot as you tend to do.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Great idea - no WMDs in Iraq, so let's invade Syria. Ooops, no WMDs in Syria, so let's invade Jordan. Ooops, no WMDs in Jordan....

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
"Have I claimed to be a solution? To what? I just don't like religion, that would be a solution for militant islam though. Make them atheist."

No, you never claimed to be a solution, however, if you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Let me explain...
I look at communication (these boards) as an opportunity to open eyes and warm cold-hearts. The only thing an "infidel" would do (with respect to Islam) is close ears.

And you know, this is the crux of the problem. People here just don't "like" religion. Now the Christian party is trying to get a message across, yet they feel it is through a political influence that they will win souls. This is wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. Better yet would be to point and guide rather than feed. Nobody likes anything being rammed down their throat and will subsequently "choke" off anything that is said... they wouldn't be receptive to it.

Somebody asked how many more hundreds or thousands dead will our going the "route" cause. And this is where a Christian belief lies, NONE. Armageddon will happen, but the faithful won't even be here (raptured). The difference is a simple one, salvation. I'm not trying to convert you or anyone else, in fact the bible states that (paraphrasing here) evil will remain evil and the good (or as many that are going to HUMBLE themselves and accept God) will be removed from the battle before it even starts. It is my belief and FAITH that allows me to leave this in God's hands. I trust Him.

Go West Shaven Ape...

I apologize, the quote feature only captured your subject line. Not sure what you meant by it other than yes I do shave although not necessarily every day, and as to the Ape comment, I won't bother dignifying it with an answer.
But I am a little confused as to your rationale. It would appear on the surface that you in fact feel that Islam is a peaceful religion not bent on world domination.
Not more than two days ago didn't you hear about a particular cleric who would want nothing more than to see their flag flying around the world before he dies? This came from his own lips.
I guess you similarly didn't see the training videos that show the "targets" wearing crosses? These came from their own training video.
I guess you also missed everything these Jihadists have ever said. ... but then again, someone who would make such a feeble attempt at ... (what were you attempting?) probably wouldn't be capable of presenting any argument other than opinion of a sarcastic nature.
Want truth? watch it happen. Want salvation? Accept the Lord. Its that simple.
Believe me or not, I don't care other than pointing it out. You will or you won't, of this I'm sure. Whichever way your will bends you is between you and God.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by keybored]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If Syria did get bio/chem wpns from Iraq they'd take control of them and call them their own.

Would they use them? Hell no, that would be asking for the mighty hand of George W to come down on them.

With all the recent upheaval in Lebannon better to let them be used in/by/from Lebanon towards Isreal and let every one believe that the Lebanesse did it. One hell of a way to get at Isreal and not get blamed directly for it.

My guess is that Mossad would find them in Syria, if they exist. But would they tell anyone? From all the posts in the recent months on conspiricies, Mossad must be the biggest plot manipulator in history, but to what end do they stir the pot of plot?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sand_man

Originally posted by soulforge
I don't care if Syria has them. They lack the ballz to do anything more than insurgency and terrorism.

Its real easy to pass comments like this from the safety of you PC
. I take it you are from Syria ? The white house should sack all there staff and hire all the muppets on this place, cause you all seem to be middle east experts. I bet most of you guys have never even left your home towns, let alone the counrtys in question. So unless Soulforge you have the nuggets to walk up to a guy from syria and them him "you lack the ballz" to his face shut up !

[edit on 23-7-2005 by Sand_man]

I would never question a man's masculinity, especially an arab man's(I'm constantly told by American Media that that is the worst thing you can do to an arab male). BUT, I WOULD question an administration's willingness to act, depending on the situation. Most government are so rife with political partonage that it takes monumental events or political will to spurn them into action. I suspect Syria is no different.

With regard to Syria, they have their own Vietnam/Afganistan scenario (The Lebanon pullout) to worry about. They have their big, bad, neighbor who DOES have Nukes(Israel) sharing a southern border, and they aren't really seen in a good light by the majority of the western world. Syria has myrid problems that prevent them from being in the same position as the former Iraq, even if they DID have WMDs. Syria has no ability to act in a grand way, because Israel will not let them. You think Bush is a Cowboy? Talk to an Israeli conservative!!!

So let me clarify... The ADMINISTRATION of Syria has not the BALLZ to aggressively and pre-emptively use WMDs, for fear of their very existence. Anything overt would likely cause reprisal from Israel in spades, as Israel would be their likely target.

And I don't appreciate your comments. I've travelled three continents and worked with the third world poor more than you likely have. I'm not a Beast drinking redneck, just someone sick of hearing sob stories from BOTH sides. Do yourself a favor and use grammer and spell check, it'll help your credibility.

[edit on 7/25/2005 by soulforge]

[edit on 7/25/2005 by soulforge]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I don't think it's so much having the ballz to use them as it is finding an acceptable loss. Obviously MAD umbrellas everyone which is why terrorists strike in places where they can't be hit.
However, Armageddon does take place in the region so you know that like nature, back an animal into a corner and it will bite back.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I advise you to check the writings of faiths from other lands, before you get into a world of hate that may blind you into doing something that may harm others!

World of hate? LOL x 2 my "harm" as you call it is spiritual guidance towards salvation. The writings aren't infallible as evidenced by the hair splitting of any text pertaining to God. I abide by my Faith, by what I feel and know to be true within my heart, I see things within my minds eye that obviously seems to elude what others are capable of seeking, (through their lack of Faith) and I seek to abolish ALL hate and discord among a civilization that is hell bent.
Don't think I want Armageddon for any other reason than to bring this to closure. It sadly is the only thing (Second Coming of Christ) that will bring world peace. If I had my way, I'd prefer we all just get along.

I advise you to look instead of gawk. There is an inherent timetable with which God has set forth the limits of his own patience. I'd also advise you to get a feel for what these other religions represent in todays political arena. Then you all can complain about how we peace loving Christians are "forcing" our beliefs upon you. There is no forcing of anything coming from me,... believe or not, only difference to me is sadness to have lost you if you don't believe.
My sadness would stem from not finding the right words to convince you. Believe it or not, Loving ALL is the only answer. If you have hate in you, you are a hateful person and that my friend is anti-Christian. If all have/had a love for all, who(m) would we fear?
Show me where any other religion (based on a God deity and not either an ideology of utopianism or heightened delusion of self worth) would profess an answer that unites everyone? Do you think that devout believers (of any religion) will simply shake their FAITH ?

Let me edit this to make it perfectly clear. By shake I mean lose.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by keybored]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It is just another lie, Ooooops.

Everybody knows the meaning.

Iraq is much larger country than Syria.

The WMD can not be hidden in Iraq. I do not think it can be hidden in Syria.

It is just somebody want to find a reasonable reason to invade Syria.

It is just somebody what support Bush want to hide Bush's fault.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RDavidson

The WMD can not be hidden in Iraq. I do not think it can be hidden in Syria.

What are you talking about if they can hide airplanes and complete bunkers that took us three years to find what makes you think they could not have hidden WMD's?

Hidden bunkers found

Now for the frosting on the cake from May 04

Monday, May 17, 2004
The discovery of an Iraqi artillery shell armed with nerve gas has the liberal community and mass media in a panic.
The 155mm nerve gas shell was rigged to kill U.S. troops but it failed. U.S. Brig. General Mark Kimmitt confirmed the discovery during a news conference in Baghdad.

Yet, the discovery of nerve gas was followed by a second revelation. A second shell, equipped with mustard gas was found two weeks ago.

The mustard gas shell identified by the special WMD inspection team in Iraq appears to be one of 550 declared by Saddam to U.N. inspectors during the early 1990s. These shells disappeared later in 2002 when Hans Blix asked to see them.

The sudden discovery of nerve gas and mustard gas in Iraq can be added to two other recent events ignored by the mainstream media.
WMD find blows away Pundits

Kindly note they meaning Iraq had claimed they destroyed those that were found, so that means it is very possible others are still out there in Iraq.

Why would Syria have a need to hide them if they did not sign a treaty that banned them? (That is according to syrian sister so if that fact is wrong take it up with her
)

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Uncredible stories can usually be attributed to propoganda to start up invasion support =_=; . Military expansion in the Middle-East has been ambition of the US government since Desert Storm.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtacontheOtaku
Uncredible stories can usually be attributed to propoganda to start up invasion support =_=; . Military expansion in the Middle-East has been ambition of the US government since Desert Storm.

Just have a poll. So we can vote directly if we should invade Syria.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Kindly note they meaning Iraq had claimed they destroyed those that were found, so that means it is very possible others are still out there in Iraq.

Why would Syria have a need to hide them if they did not sign a treaty that banned them? (That is according to syrian sister so if that fact is wrong take it up with her
)

Does Buckers means the Gas and WMD? If so, there are millions more powerfull buckers in the world.

Do you want to find them all??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join