It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obituary Backs `removal Of Bush'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Clarification about your statement of what I do...

1. We are not brokers.
2. Yes we make our money on the yield spread
3. Because we fund our own loans, our rates are competitive with or LOWER than those offered by brokers who charge the fees and points. Thus there is no "Cost Shifting" from points/fees to higher rate as you stated. They get the low rate you would offer them without the points you would have to charge them.

4. When you charge those points/fees you INCREASE their debt by "rolling them into" the loan amount, which is hardly a benefit to a borrower in these conditions.

My guys do HUGE numbers of these loans nationwide. That is how we are able to do this. Make a little on TONS of units and you have a solid business plan.

Typically brokers are limited to their "territory" and pay their loan officers on commission which creates a conflict between doing what is right for the borrower and putting food on your table.

I pay my loan officers a base salary and a small bonus for attaining certain levels of production (funded loans per month).

This division is actually "supported", when necessary, by my wholesale and classic retail operations that make the proverbial "killing" on income per loan.

My "moral" stance was based on the fact that I could cease this program altogether or I could charge the points and fees and pocket the money. I feel like this is a way to give back to the society that has given so much to me.

PEACE...
m...

[Edited on 8-23-2003 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Democrats make you poor? What were you doing in the 90's. ZEveryone was rich in the 90's. If you didn't have a job in the 90's, its because you didn't want one. That's the truth.

Bush has been in for three years and look at all the damage he's caused. its time to stop BLAMING Clinton who is long gone and who's policies have been dismantled and start looking at the real cancer on America: Bush.

Colonel?
I'm seriously beginning to think that the 'air' your breathing in that "Democrat Bubble" is becoming quite unpure. WARNING: DO NOT BREATH IN CARBON MONOXIDE! WILL EFFECT BRAIN FUNCTIONS AND CAUSE BLURRED VISION.....WARNING.
j/king

Btw: You might seriously want to read this article though.

"Why Prosperity Happened And What Went Wrong"
www.iconoclast.ca.../newPage20.asp

"A careful review of policy decisions and economic data of the past two decades leads to two inescapable conclusions that set the media mythology on its ear:
1) The prosperity of the 1990's was a direct outgrowth of courageous and enlightened economic policies carried out under Ronald Reagan in the 1980's.
2) The stagnation of the 2000's is a direct outgrowth of shortsighted and destructive economic policies carried out in the 1990's, mostly under Bill Clinton."

Keep thinking that BC is Jesus and that the Democratic Party is the New Heavenly Kingdom on Earth. I would certainly hate to wake you from that dream......

Again.....unless the Democracks can come up with a viable candidate, it seems, somewhat sadly, that 'we' are stuck with G. Bush. BUT, I would suggest that you end with the "Democracks gave 'us' the prosperity of the 90's" rhetoric......its BS.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 23-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I was LOADED during the 90's ... then I went to re-hab... ALL Clinton's fault... Got sued out of business... ALL Clinton's fault...

Had a CRAZY, DEMOCRAT, now, Ex-Wife.... All Clinton's fault.

I have had nothing but BLISS since Dubya took office. Thank You George.

P...
m...

You got sued out of business? That has nothing to do with Clinton. You divorced Dem ex-wife? That's not Clinton's fault. YOU BLAME YOUR MARRIAGE ON CLINTON??? This is just ridiculous.

Now, you live in bliss. What about the rest of the country? What about the rest of the planet??

Typical selfish republican.

Wow! Democrat logic used against a democrat and the democrat attacks the democrat logic.
And a professional liar *ahem, I mean lawyer* democrat at that. Would've figured that trap would have been spotted.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
You, sir, are fast becoming one my FAVORITE ATSers...

I would have thought the Colonel would have seen it coming a mile away too!

Alas I beleive this is the net effect of beleiving one's own Horse Hockey...

Additionally, I LOVE how he ran like a scalded yellow belly Democrat when I confronted him on PERSONAL contributions to our "Fellow Man"...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
You pick and coose what you want to include, Colonel. Eight years of Clintonism placed us in our precarious position. Thank God Shrub was elected president and not Gore, as Gore would have sent the terror groups letters of apology for having the towers in their way along with wads of cash and suggestions of hugging trees.

I fear I'm not as the Colonel is, as a matter of fact, it is from democrats that I heard how Gore would've been.

Clinton's ties to the NWO bunch was so obvious, and the intentional destruction of the constitution under his control was also obvious (to those who have a clue of the document and the other pertinent documents), but it was conducted during a time when we weren't contending with the war on terror. That particular problem can, and is probably masking a number of things that won't be reversed after this Jello-ish war is called to an end. While Colonel's blind screaming about the "repugnents" bringing the sky down on us makes for great fun, his over the edge nonsense masks the truth as much as the war does. I would like to think I'll never become that irrational about the scene, one way or the other.

Ok, I think 99% of all these political squabbles are complete BS, but I find it sad that Colonel is constantly under fire for expressing his views over-enthusiasticaly, when exactly the same thing is being done by the other side. Don't bash colonel if you're going to mimic him.......it makes it look like you don't really mind the topic, you just want to bash a liberal.......as I'm sure happens the other way around with Republican bashers. It has to stop somewhere...

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Its always funny when the Colonel ain't around huh? Like the mice playing.

Springer: Well, as I said, I commend you on your help. Maybe we should get a collection of help like you have done on ATS. But that besides the point.

My help came in different ways. My help came in actually not stepping over the REALLY DIRTY NASTY SMELLY beggars on the street. You give them money. But, its not over there.

You give it to them and listen to their story. You listen on how THEY GOT THERE. YOu listen to them because no one else will because no one cares. You go to ther liquor store and buy a 24 oz for yourself and him and listen.

You'll find that some were just like us.

And, others are certifiably crazy.

But, most I've run into are: "just like us."

And black

And cheering me on and they say "whatever you're doing, don't stop. Don't be like me. Be the "bull" (as I have been called) like you look like. But, don't forget about me.

I say thanks and I move on til I see them again for another chat and a bit of money for their time because no one likes to be........

forgotten.

[Edited on 24-8-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   
While your writing abilities are becoming LEGENDARY I still MUST take issue with you here...

Somehow you figure buying booze for and talking with a homeless man is DOING GOOD for your fellow American?

It's certainly EASING his pain through temporary enibriation, and I truly do appreciate the the fact that a man went to sleep that night knowing that another man (you) gave enough of a sh1t about him to LISTEN to his story for no other reason than the fact he is a fellow-man.

But, as I find most of your HATE FILLED rhetoric, this is NOT going to appreciably or substantially IMPROVE this man's lot in life over the LONG-TERM.

This is primarily what I beleive most of the posters around here have been trying to tell you.

You'll ALWAYS kill more flies with sugar than you will with salt. Assuming your TRUE goal is to CONVERT the Republicans and Independants to your cause, I suggest you start re-thinking your strategy.

If, in fact, your goal is nothing more than a brawl, then you got it goin' on, I actually impart this snippet of wisdom to you with a bittersweet taste, I actually LOVE your rants my man...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 02:31 AM
link   
You know if I thougt I could do it the nice way, I would be like MA but that's simply not me. And no one is changing from his enlightened speak. Even Bout Time who can be harsh ain't changing anyone.

Me? I don't expect republicans to change. I expect them to go to Hell (and I don't wish it) and I give them the reasons why. So, there is no excuse as to "I didn't know.'

Ok, I lie a bot. I expect them to go to Hell for bveing evil or supporting it. I just like FAIR.

Don't see why you fault me.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
More garbage, more nonsense and more hate. Wishing and expecting people to go to Hell. Yes, you are "artwork" that only the ACLU would try and protect.

Buy them a bottle of Mad Dog and listen to their sob story. Don't bother telling us your feel-good garbage, get a TV camera and really get some media coverage. There's a Republican in the White House, so the major media will give you all kinds of air time, but don't wait for you Democrat to get in, then all of you blindly step over them, never even acknowledging them until they are once again politically advantageous.

Ever thought you are about bass-ackwards (trust me, I've known that since you have been here)? What good does it do to listen to a loser? You planning on following in his footsteps? You want to help him (I mean really do good, not just try and polish your fake halo in front of us) why not get him in front of those who can help him? Maybe he needs to be the one to shut up and listen, not jabber away at a politically motivated Esquire.

I'm sure these people tell you to keep doing what you are doing. They obviously didn't have the key to success!

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
More garbage, more nonsense and more hate. Wishing and expecting people to go to Hell. Yes, you are "artwork" that only the ACLU would try and protect.

Buy them a bottle of Mad Dog and listen to their sob story. Don't bother telling us your feel-good garbage, get a TV camera and really get some media coverage. There's a Republican in the White House, so the major media will give you all kinds of air time, but don't wait for you Democrat to get in, then all of you blindly step over them, never even acknowledging them until they are once again politically advantageous.

Ever thought you are about bass-ackwards (trust me, I've known that since you have been here)? What good does it do to listen to a loser? You planning on following in his footsteps? You want to help him (I mean really do good, not just try and polish your fake halo in front of us) why not get him in front of those who can help him? Maybe he needs to be the one to shut up and listen, not jabber away at a politically motivated Esquire.

I'm sure these people tell you to keep doing what you are doing. They obviously didn't have the key to success!

Spoken like a true compassionate conservative.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Its always funny when the Colonel ain't around huh? Like the mice playing.

Springer: Well, as I said, I commend you on your help. Maybe we should get a collection of help like you have done on ATS. But that besides the point.

My help came in different ways. My help came in actually not stepping over the REALLY DIRTY NASTY SMELLY beggars on the street. You give them money. But, its not over there.

You give it to them and listen to their story. You listen on how THEY GOT THERE. YOu listen to them because no one else will because no one cares. You go to ther liquor store and buy a 24 oz for yourself and him and listen.

You'll find that some were just like us.

And, others are certifiably crazy.

But, most I've run into are: "just like us."

And black

And cheering me on and they say "whatever you're doing, don't stop. Don't be like me. Be the "bull" (as I have been called) like you look like. But, don't forget about me.

I say thanks and I move on til I see them again for another chat and a bit of money for their time because no one likes to be........

forgotten.

uh huh.

question, what did any of this do to help them to:

get a job

find somewhere to live

raise their level of education

instill in them a sense of accomplishment and pride

raise their standards and make them push themselves harder to be a better person and a more successful person.

colonel i'm not attacking you here but anyone can sit there share a beer and pull the "me too" act. its shared self pity and wallowing. thats all it is. unless you helped them get a job, or something else that can actually be measured as some kind of success all you did was waste their time by giving them false hopes that you care and you wasted your time listening to a person you ultimately didnt do a damn thing for. basically you pay them lip service and guess who else does that? POLITICIANS. they act sympathetic but they arent. they claim to care, but do nothing to show it. they say one thing, but do another. and just like you after they get done listening to us they go to their own home and eventually forget we exist.

spare me "well only republicans do that" BS all politicians do it whether you want to acknowledge it or not doesnt change the fact they all do it.

i think its even worst that you do this to people. takes a little bit more than a beer and a spare ear to help people out, you have to do something for them in order to say you're doing something. so far you havent done much of anything but perpetuate someones drinking problem at your own expense.

politicians do this to get votes, since you're not a politican what do you get out of this? does this somehow justify your ability to sleep at night? do you REALLY think that just listening to someone is doing anything? do you actually feel like you did something when you do this?

i'm rather curious why you even bother listening if you're not going to do anything for them afterwards.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Oh, and this wasn't an attack. (Republicans can LIE, man). How did it help him? Well, he knew someone gave a damn. And this guy coud help himself at times, he got a shoe shine box (until it was stolen). He got a job seeping up a hair cuttery.

Thing is, he wasn't always homeless. See, he HAD a home, car, and the like. However, you wouldn't know that if yu didn't take the time to talk to him...

[Edited on 25-8-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Oh, and this wasn't an attack. (Republicans can LIE, man). How did it help him? Well, he knew someone gave a damn. And this guy coud help himself at times, he got a shoe shine box (until it was stolen). He got a job seeping up a hair cuttery.

Thing is, he wasn't always homeless. See, he HAD a home, car, and the like. However, you wouldn't know that if yu didn't take the time to talk to him...

\

lol i see you are STILL assuming that i am a republican and you are now gonig so far as to accuse me of being a liar? believe me, if i wanted to attack you i could do far worse than anything you have ever done on this board yourself. but i believe in being civil unlike you so i'm not going to reduce myself to your lowly level of drunken outbursts and "i'm like jesus christ" comparison comments.'

talk to him ot listening to him didnt keep his little shine box from be stolen. it didnt feed him or clothe him.

YOU didnt do squat for him. a job sweeping up in a barber shop? given to him by someone else. not you.

you gave him a beer. woohoo! look at you go! making such strides to help your fellow man! we should give you a medal....hahahahahahahahaha

sorry this "he felt like someone cared" doesnt mean jack. feeling good doesnt put food in your stomach. feeling good doesnt give you shelter from the cold. feeling good doesnt clothe you.

try again colonel, try harder.

waaaaah i didnt talk to him. doesnt matter what he had. me listening to him wouldnt have changed any of that. you act as if you just listen miraculous things happen like people stop drinking and using drugs, get jobs and find places to live. sadly thats not reality thats just the twisted little world inside your head where you're convinced everyone is out to get you.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

\

lol i see you are STILL assuming that i am a republican and you are now gonig so far as to accuse me of being a liar? believe me, if i wanted to attack you i could do far worse than anything you have ever done on this board yourself. but i believe in being civil unlike you so i'm not going to reduce myself to your lowly level of drunken outbursts and "i'm like jesus christ" comparison comments.'

talk to him ot listening to him didnt keep his little shine box from be stolen. it didnt feed him or clothe him.

YOU didnt do squat for him. a job sweeping up in a barber shop? given to him by someone else. not you.

you gave him a beer. woohoo! look at you go! making such strides to help your fellow man! we should give you a medal....hahahahahahahahaha

sorry this "he felt like someone cared" doesnt mean jack. feeling good doesnt put food in your stomach. feeling good doesnt give you shelter from the cold. feeling good doesnt clothe you.

waaaaah i didnt talk to him. doesnt matter what he had. me listening to him wouldnt have changed any of that. you act as if you just listen miraculous things happen like people stop drinking and using drugs, get jobs and find places to live. sadly thats not reality thats just the twisted little world inside your head where you're convinced everyone is out to get you.

I'm sorry. If I were my "true" self I would have been instantly banned---just ask Freddie.

Now, as opposed to not listening ot him, I shuld have stepped over him like YOU and say, "Get it together, bum." If I said anything at all.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

\

I'm sorry. If I were my "true" self I would have been instantly banned---just ask Freddie.

Now, as opposed to not listening ot him, I shuld have stepped over him like YOU and say, "Get it together, bum." If I said anything at all.

wow more assumptions. you're wrong. if i'm going to take the time to care i'm going to take the time to do something for them besides just listen to their story buy them a beer and then go back to my house. if you're not going to actually help them then you mgiht as well walk right over them with a callus attitude. you cant say you care if your actions do not show it. we can say whatever we want but if our actions do not back our words up they are meaningless.

buying him a beer didnt do jack for him. pretending to care and then doing nothing for him gave him if anything false hope. just like a politician. the very people you loathe. say one thing do another.

fact remains you listening to him didnt feed him clothe him shelter him or employ him. it didnt do anythign but pass the time. made his life all that much shorter in the process. yes i can see why you'd be proud of this.

as long as he felt good for those few moments its doesnt matter that he woke up the next day in the same spot while you woke out of your bed and didnt jack for him while acting as if you did. while he had a cup of jack squat for breakfast i'm sure you were getting a nice big bowl of "full O me's" feeling so proud of yourself for having lead a man into believing you cared whren your actions speak otherwise.

remember colonel the road to hell is paved with good intentions. we can mean the best but if we do nothing then we are doing the worst.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Ok, next time I will step over him and pretend he wasn't there like YOU. I'll deny him humanity like YOU. Better?

[Edited on 26-8-2003 by Colonel]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join