It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ya Know...........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I was just sitting here wondering about all the "stuff" on these forums,and it began to become more clear to me just what was meant by "forbidden knowledge" as mentioned in the scriptures.

I believe what they were trying to express ,is that the thirst for wanting to know "stuff",was one of those things that was not necessarily forbidden,but it poses a distraction,and therefore should not be ones purpose in life to seek knowledge for the sake of seeking it,if the knowledge you seek only serves to distract you from the truth.

It would seem the internet was created by satan to keep a steady flow of pointless information at our fingertips to serve the purposes of the evil few who would benefit from our being "distracted".

The internet is a useful tool,but at a point it becomes a waste of time.

I have grown weary of this surfing the web,the truth is not contained in it.

The truth is only manifested in the works of those who see through lies.

God is manifested in those who see the truth.

I am going to go to law school.

Right!,like you could ever pass a bar exam being honest.

Right!,like I can afford that.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have a problem with ANY book that tells me that there is such a thing as forbidden knowledge. I mean this about that for a minute. You are blessed with the ability to interpret and use anything to make yourself more able to survive and advance your intelligence. Anything that tells you otherwise is horrible, and yes, I mean anything.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I would think it wiser to try to use the knowledge which you already possess,instead of trying to find more than you need to know about things that have nothing to do with yourself.

I mean no offense,but what I say seems to have an offensive effect on most people.

-the masses choose to remain "Distracted",while thinking themselves "well read","worldly"or "intelligent.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
this unbalanced chap seems to know something, if you've been paying attention to my posts ui'd've noticed i've said this many many many times

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
uNBaLaNCeD i respect your right to have your view, but i dont respect your view i think you are talking out of your ( Y ) ....

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shining Wizard
I have a problem with ANY book that tells me that there is such a thing as forbidden knowledge. I mean this about that for a minute. You are blessed with the ability to interpret and use anything to make yourself more able to survive and advance your intelligence. Anything that tells you otherwise is horrible, and yes, I mean anything.

...The Shining Wizard eats the forbidden fruit and thinks - now I understand why I�m an idiot...

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperspace

Hyperspace blindly following what he can't see and have never felt and ends up dead and gone, just like the rest of us.

...The Shining Wizard eats the forbidden fruit and thinks - now I understand why I�m an idiot...

Hyperspace blindly following what he can't see and has never felt and ends up dead and gone, just like the rest of us. Cults are bad m'kay

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see. (John 9:25, KJV)

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Exodus chap 13 verses 44-45

But every man's SERVANT that is bought for MONEY, when thou hast CIRCUMCISED HIM, then shall he eat therof.

A foreigner and an hired servant SHALL NOT EAT THEIROF.

Wow, compelling view of slavery and race relations

Get a grip

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Exodus chap 13 verses 44-45

But every man's SERVANT that is bought for MONEY, when thou hast CIRCUMCISED HIM, then shall he eat therof.

A foreigner and an hired servant SHALL NOT EAT THEIROF.

Wow, compelling view of slavery and race relations

Get a grip

I got a grip on reality...you have a grip on ignorance.

Also, keep your stink'in polluted Ohio air out of Indiana!

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
If you can bring up shallow points such as polluted air?

Keep your inferior college graduates out of my state, how silly

This is done

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   

If you can bring up shallow points such as polluted air?

Keep your inferior college graduates out of my state, how silly

This is done

Please...It's a joke dude. Neighboring states like to trade insults in good fun. Don't take it serous.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   

The Shining Wizard eats the forbidden fruit and thinks - now I understand why I�m an idiot...

My impression is this was unwarranted Hyperspace
or was this another joke.

----------------
Unbalanced would sugest that your search for answers be in on the internet of any other medium look for as many opinions as you can find and isolate the middle ground. From there look within as the real secret of secrets cannot be put into words.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec

The Shining Wizard eats the forbidden fruit and thinks - now I understand why I�m an idiot...

My impression is this was unwarranted Hyperspace

----------------
Unbalanced would sugest that your search for answers be in on the internet of any other medium look for as many opinions as you can find and isolate the middle ground. From there look within as the real secret of secrets cannot be put into words.

Any thoughts?

So was his slam against the Word Of God.

[Edited on 22-8-2003 by Hyperspace]

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I am trying to understand why you referenced the term "idiot" in respect to shining wizard.

As far as God is concerned, in what sense did what I say imply I was "slamming him"??

What this is, was a response to Unbalanced query in respect to the Internet.

Again Hyperspace what exactly is it that you are trying to say

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hmmmm.......heres what I think about it.

Entertainment is a distraction, but that can be OK to a certain extent. IT gets bad when young people with low intelligence listen to Eminem and watching violent movies and thinking that all life about is imitating their heroes, creating crime. These people are so stupid that they are completely distracted, have no real view of the world, have no feelings for other people, no respect. Entertainment is all well and good for the intelligent, but the idiots that focus and fashion their entire life on it are dangerous. Entertainment is a double-edged sword.

But I think the Internet is no more to blame for it than any other type of entertainment. IT's just as distracting, if not less so to a lot of people.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I believe what they were trying to express ,is that the thirst for wanting to know "stuff",was one of those things that was not necessarily forbidden,but it poses a distraction,and therefore should not be ones purpose in life to seek knowledge for the sake of seeking it,if the knowledge you seek only serves to distract you from the truth.

No, they were trying to dissuade people from seeking answers from science, and instead to seek them from the Church...thereby insuring their continued power. Once people started pursuing knowledge for knowledge's sake, they started learning for themselves, that the truth's they once clinged to (Earth is the center of the Universe, and is only 10000 years old, etc.) are nothing but lies. THIS is what they feared, and continue to fear, as new discoveries in science slowly erode the creationist view of the Universe....

In other words, the whole point of it was "Don't question our authority...the answers you need to know, will be answered by the church..."

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

No, they were trying to dissuade people from seeking answers from science, and instead to seek them from the Church...thereby insuring their continued power. Once people started pursuing knowledge for knowledge's sake, they started learning for themselves, that the truth's they once clinged to (Earth is the center of the Universe, and is only 10000 years old, etc.) are nothing but lies. THIS is what they feared, and continue to fear, as new discoveries in science slowly erode the creationist view of the Universe....

In other words, the whole point of it was "Don't question our authority...the answers you need to know, will be answered by the church..."

Science CORRECTLY INTURPITED vindicates creationism.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
A lot of people go onto the Internet and look for what they want to hear, then they approach others and realize so did they.

Again, its important to be objective when using this particular medium. In that respect not only looking with regards to differences, but similarities as well.

Any thoughts?

[Edited on 22-8-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Science CORRECTLY INTERPRETED (sp) vindicates creationism.

How so? Or do you still think the world is flat, and that the planets and sun revolve around the Earth?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join