It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids and other ancient structures built before the flood...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
i cannot remember how long ago, but there were some maps found of Antarctica when it had no ice caps covering the land. Both the latitude and longitude were accuratly measured. Accurate measurment of longitude was something we've only been able to do for a couple of hundred years. These maps were dated back to before the great flood.

The Incans were not a civilization that kept documentation on their history apparently. There was some writings found before about hundreds of Incans going into the mountains, the only place where they could find rocks large enough to build the structures they inhabited. In this documentation it was said that a few hundred men died attempting to bring one rock down. Their attempt was unsuccessful.

Ever since i read this information i have thought that the Incans and maybe other civilizations decided to inhabit abandoned structures and cities that survived the great flood and that the mumified bodies we've found, at least in some civilizations anyway, have been not of those who built these structures but those who had come upon them after the flood. It would have been a lot easier to inhabit a city or building that has been built for you.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
From the reading I have done on the Great Flood of Noah's time, I'd say there was'nt realy much left around for men and women to reside in except a cave every now and then. It is true about the maps showing the lat.& long. but they were discovered wayyy after the pyramids were built. Now who was responsible for this magnificant feat? It's still up in the air. Some thelogeans put the maps back in anywhere from 2-5ad. Now if one really wanted to figure a puzzle out, what is the real reason the pyramids were built instead of the generic standard answers we all assume for the truth?

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Antarctica has had ice caps for a long time. Those maps are a fallacy.

Do you have anyproof to substaintiate your claim? No. Anything to suggest there was a great flood? No. Why do threads like this exist? Because the mantra of this forum has become: Welcom ignorance, deny fact.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The book "Finger Prints of The Gods" sheds quite a bit of light on this. After reading this book i wondered if this was possible. There are maps that were found.
Nothing to suggest there was a great flood? The Bible. Don't beleive in God? The Bible has stated things that weren't discovered untill modern day. Archiologists tried to prove that king David did not exist. Only a few years ago they found scrolls with his name on them dated to the time he was in rule. There are other occasions just like this.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Your post reminded me of a thread I did under my old name. Check this out.

Japanese Underwater Pyramids: Natural or Manmade?

I can't say it has anything to do with the Bible though.

And BTW flipjargendy, welcome to ATS.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Great flood is a rip off of the Epic of Gilgamesh and the ten commandments are a rip off of Hamarabi's code. The entire OT was taken from local religions and culture, nothing very original.

And what scrolls are you reffering to, I have neverr heard of such things.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by flipjargendy
i cannot remember how long ago, but there were some maps found of Antarctica when it had no ice caps covering the land.

I'm afraid this isn't true. People were trying to reinterpret the Piri Reis map:
www.prep.mcneese.edu...

The Piri Reis map was drawn in the 1500's and what is shown is the coast of South America. One person has tried to reinterpret it as the coast of Antarctica.

[quoteBoth the latitude and longitude were accuratly measured. Accurate measurment of longitude was something we've only been able to do for a couple of hundred years.
I'm afraid that niether on that map is terribly accurate.

These maps were dated back to before the great flood.

Uhm... the great flood of Jamestown, perhaps, but not any Biblical event. They were dated to 1500 AD.

The Incans were not a civilization that kept documentation on their history apparently.

You mean aside from the huge carved walls (with texts that we can read and translate) and the volumes (hundreds) of notes about the language and culture that were collected by priests at the time of the Conquistadores, detailing the history of the Incas?
archaeology.about.com...

There was some writings found before about hundreds of Incans going into the mountains, the only place where they could find rocks large enough to build the structures they inhabited.

Which is really strange because they were usually built from local rock (of which there was plenty.) Sections of Machu Piccu were carved out of the mountain itself. Special stones for statues were transported a distance of about 70 miles.
www.lost-civilizations.net...

In this documentation it was said that a few hundred men died attempting to bring one rock down. Their attempt was unsuccessful.

Sounds like a bad retelling of one of the myths.

Ever since i read this information i have thought that the Incans and maybe other civilizations decided to inhabit abandoned structures and cities that survived the great flood

There wasn't any great earthwide flood.

Secondly, they built their own structures and were building them when the Conquistadores came. They wrote their histories on the walls, along with carving calendars and dates of important festivals that they celebrated. The record goes back a vey long time.

and that the mumified bodies we've found, at least in some civilizations anyway, have been not of those who built these structures but those who had come upon them after the flood.

We have written records that are older than the oldest books of the Bible. They are unbroken... in other words, people have been writing for well over 7,000 years. There isn't suddenly a gap and then everyone comes back and forgets to mention floods and begins writing in the same language they were writing in before some calamity.

It's a continuous record. And the record of human habitation goes back far beyond that.

There really is no evidence of a global flood. Big local floods, yes. Some were vast enough to cover a few states in Western US. But no global one.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Secondly, they built their own structures and were building them when the Conquistadores came. They wrote their histories on the walls, along with carving calendars and dates of important festivals that they celebrated. The record goes back a vey long time.

One system used by the Aztecs (before the Spanish arrived) for recording both history & mathematical accounts (for tax purposes & whatnot) was a very sophisicated method involving knotted ropes.

We have written records that are older than the oldest books of the Bible. They are unbroken... in other words, people have been writing for well over 7,000 years.

Yes...Sanscrit (Mesopotamian) & early forerunners of Hieoroglyphs (Egyptian). Mesopotamia beat out Egypt for acheiving a formal system of writing by only about 50 or 60 years (or so...Give or take a decade). But Egypt beat everybody else in one important way: They formed the first united geo-political unit. The Mesopotamians remained as a conglomeration of independant city-states.

Big local floods, yes. Some were vast enough to cover a few states in Western US. But no global one.

Even in the USA alone, in the early part of last decade, the Mississippi River flooded so much that it affected the entire central region of the country...At least two whole states along each side of the river suffered from that flood. Considering how little people traveled & how little they knew about their own "neighbors" in those ancient times, it seems highly likely that the general population would see a flood like that as if it covered the whole world. At the very least, it covered the whole world that they knew of. You gotta consider the scope of what the general populations could see in those times. Their leaders may have known more about larger geographical regions, but I'm only referring to the general populations at the moment.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Great flood is a rip off of the Epic of Gilgamesh and the ten commandments are a rip off of Hamarabi's code. The entire OT was taken from local religions and culture, nothing very original.

And what scrolls are you reffering to, I have neverr heard of such things.

Have you ever actually READ the Code Of Hamurabi? It's 282 laws long! You're saying the Ten Commandments ripped it off? Well, I guess you COULD boil the lot of them down to ten laws...but a rip off? Nahh...

As far as the Epic of Gilgamesh and the flood....I also suggest READING Gilgamesh. Actually, it's a hellova read! Again, a rip off?? I just don't see it.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Dont trust Graham Hancock, the mans a fool who exists on the loony fringe of archaeology.

Check out the Horizon documentry on his claims, he either a liar or painfully stupid.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
i guess these weren't scrolls that were found. It was a monument with his name inscribed on it. Here is something i found regarding King David. This article is old. It was only a few years ago that i found out about the finding of writings about David or inscriptions on other monuments or writings (if there were writings).

www.nytimes.com...

Hal9000,
Thank you for the link. i got a chance to skim over it but i'll be reading it all later today.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Well I heard the sphinx had water corrosion at the base of it, and the giza pyamids don't.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

i guess these weren't scrolls that were found. It was a monument with his name inscribed on it.

Not exactly his name, but a reference to a monument calling the nation of Israel the 'House of David.'

Here is something i found regarding King David. This article is old. It was only a few years ago that i found out about the finding of writings about David or inscriptions on other monuments or writings (if there were writings).

www.nytimes.com...

...which says that there isn't any real outside-the-Bible proof for King David.

Your stele was also carved in about 800 BC, according to the article. By that time, the Greeks and Romans were writing lots of things and putting them into libraries and there's certainly no indication that a flood wiped out all the Greeks and Romans and 60 days later two people ran back to the area and started breedling like bunnies and 3 months later there were a millioin or more people in the area.

No.

No flood.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
First of all, although it's been said many times, THANK GOD FOR BYRD!! (sorry about the caps.) I have witnessed several boards dealing with these subjects degenerate into complete idiotic lunacy. Byrd keeps me coming back here.

The book "Finger Prints of The Gods" sheds quite a bit of light on this. After reading this book i wondered if this was possible. There are maps that were found.

Graham Hancock has made money off a lot of people so please don't be embarassed that you've been had, flipjargendy. Anyway, maybe you borrowed the book, right? If not, just try to learn from your mistake and next time buy some science fiction or maybe a reference book or two, or possibly a couple cases of beer maybe.

Originally posted by flipjargendyNothing to suggest there was a great flood? The Bible. Don't beleive in God? The Bible has stated things that weren't discovered untill modern day. Archiologists tried to prove that king David did not exist. Only a few years ago they found scrolls with his name on them dated to the time he was in rule. There are other occasions just like this.

Yes, there exists no evidence to suggest a great flood on the scale described in Genesis. In fact, all geological evidence suggests this never happened. That is, the evidence is that there was no great (Noah-type) flood, never, ever, ever on Earth.

No archaeologist has ever set out to prove that anything or anyone did not exist. Archaeologists, and other scientists, set out to find out facts about their particular field. The only archaeologists that set out to discover anything at all concerning David were actually looking to find evidence of his existence. The contrary point of view you have evinced here regarding archaeology is an unfortunate byproduct of buying in to the belief system laid out by Hancock et al. This mindset, though completely invalid and baseless, is absolutely necessary in the mind of Hancock and his ilk, since without it the accumulation of wealth from the naive is much more difficult to achieve.

Harte

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

i cannot remember how long ago, but there were some maps found of Antarctica when it had no ice caps covering the land.

I recall hearing stories and seeing things that were said to be such 'maps', but they really didn't fit the bill.

These maps were dated back to before the great flood.

There was no great flood to date anything too.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Well I heard the sphinx had water corrosion at the base of it, and the giza pyamids don't.

The issue with the sphinx is that its has vertical erosion marks, along with whats sometimes said to be scouring at the base. Whats interpreted as scouring however is something that just naturally happens in regular erosion of the rock, its made up of layers with varying resistance. And to confirm this the 'scouring' actually missing parts of those less resistant layers.

The 'water erosion of the sphinx' arguement has nothing to do with 'the biblical flood'. The evidence that is out there seems infact to suggest that there was no biblical flood.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Both the latitude and longitude were accuratly measured.

Accurate measurment of longitude was something we've only been able to do for a couple of hundred years.

What are your thoughts?

just to give a visual to myself & the others,
heres a rendition of the accurate map in question
Source; www.vb-tech.co.za...

Sorry, its quite a 'stretch' to consider this an accurate map
-even the hypothesis that the layout was copied from older source,
which was from a high altitude observation, is a 'stretch'...
feel free to click the source link to see images of the actual old map.

over-&-out

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I think its pretty humourus that the map is said to be super accuarete and detailed by people that say its america, and by people that say its antarctica. Can't be accurate and be confused for one of two whole continents!

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The 'water erosion of the sphinx' arguement has nothing to do with 'the biblical flood'.

True. The argument about this was whether or not the Sphinx was built before the thawing of the last Ice Age, 10,000 years ago...Which was about 2,000 years or so before the Egyptians started leaving archeological evidence of their living in the region...And they started living there about 8,000 years ago. The increase of waterflow from melting glaciers could have been the cause of the Sphinx erosion.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

Originally posted by Nygdan
The 'water erosion of the sphinx' arguement has nothing to do with 'the biblical flood'.

True. The argument about this was whether or not the Sphinx was built before the thawing of the last Ice Age, 10,000 years ago...Which was about 2,000 years or so before the Egyptians started leaving archeological evidence of their living in the region...And they started living there about 8,000 years ago. The increase of waterflow from melting glaciers could have been the cause of the Sphinx erosion.

Not true. The Sphinx argument centers around the idea that the Sphinx may have been built before or during the time that the Giza plateau last experienced significant rainfall. There is only one credible proponent of this idea: Dr. Robert Schoch.

Dr. Schoch is a geophysicist that makes the claim that the Sphinx might date to around 7,000 - 8,000 years ago. This is based on what is known of the environmental conditions extant at Giza in that era.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join