It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only three places to hide...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hi everyone,
I was thinking the other day if i were an alien where would i hide something on earth. All i could think of were three places, either the sea (countrys are always looking in the sea so), Under sand (i.e egypt and its sand dunes, as far as i know no one has attempted to verify what is under every dune yet...) And under the ice of antarctica. (the ice sheets are deep and hard to pentrate.)

Feel free to correct me if i am wrong :p.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Are we talking about where to hide something that would be here forever unchanged (hidden base)
or are we talking about where they could hide in the here and now temporarily?

if we are talking the first, then anyplace geologically stable underground would do...

if we are talking about here and now... well, I can think of millions of places that would work just fine...

take a look at sat pics of the border of brazil and Suriname, Ghiana, and other S. american areas...

There are some areas hundreds of miles wide, that have not seen a human in many years... No way to get there, helicopters can't land thru the canopy, no roads, way to far to hike, and too many predators and dangerous critters if you did...
if you are looking for a really cool place to put a hidden alien civilization, well, take a look at this rainforest shot...
cleared ground in the middle of nowhere... and what is all that purple and blue stuff?

alien rainforest base

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I would say that if they were hiding which i'm not overly sure they are but I guess it is possible then under the sea would be the best bet. I'm not sure what the percentage is but theres a hell of a lot of ocean that we know absolutely nothing about deep down. I would say Antartica after that as its very hard to explore anything there! I'm not sure about the suggestion of sand dunes bloody sand gets everywhere and I'm sure that would pee them off as much as it does me

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
To be honest i was talking about ships - so i guess temporary. lol well sand does get everywhere, but then again if you are advanced enough to travel hundreds of lightyears from another planet wouldnt you think they have 'defences' against sand?.

Now lazarus ... lol i never thought of them or even discovered anything about them, i guess living in civilisation for ages has blinded me to the knowledge that places of this callibre exsist.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'd hide behind a nuclear arsenal.

In all seriousness, I don't think under the sand would be any better than underground, except that it'd be hotter, less likely to be a safe and stable habitat, and hot. Antarctica is cold, but it's pretty stable. If you can over come that, then you should be able live fine. It's easier to create heat than dissipate it.

Under water is perfect, except that they can come find us. Good thing it's so big...

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Or, you know, in space. Think about that.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
lol, I think before trying to even explore outside of our own atmosphere we should consentrate on exploring our own planet, as yet we have not explored the most rural places, which helecopters cant land, people cant hike.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Sometimes the best hiding is done in plain sight.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
speaking of plain sight what the hell is this in the middle of no where it look like a huge fence miles long in south ameriaca ????
maps.google.com...,-55.978947&spn=0.043623,0.060176&t=k&hl=en

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
possibly 6.8(rounded) miles down in the marianas trench. philippine sea

The Mariana Trench (or Marianas Trench) is the deepest known submarine trench, and the deepest location in the Earth's crust itself. It is located in the floor of the western North Pacific Ocean, to the east of the Mariana Islands at 11° 21' North latitude and 142° 12' East longitude, which is near Japan

MARIANA TRENCH MAP

WIKIPEDIA

[edit on 21-7-2005 by S1LV3R4D0]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Under water, in caves, under the desert (or even in a desert, there's not many witnesses out there), pretty much anywhere in antarctica, any country with a lot of unused area, (Canada, Russia, etc), artificial island floating somewhere in the ocean thousands of miles from anything, in a huge forest (like the amazon, but there's lots of others).

That's assuming they don't use some sort of camouflage, in which case they could be nearly anywhere. If they didn't appear on radio/infrared, or were not visible to the naked eye, they could just be floating around in the air somewhere (maybe even just over your house!)

quoting Lordbucket: Sometimes the best hiding is done in plain sight.

Darned right, especially if their technology was vastly superior. They could be anywhere. Even if they didn't use such tech, they could be right under our noses. Maybe they could hide in the sewer system? Think of Saddam Hussein hiding in that teeny bunker within sight of his palace for all that time, and no one found him. Now take an alien with a 1000 IQ and have it find a hiding spot. You're not likely to find it.

top topics

join