It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to destroy chemical weapons arsenal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I hope we (the U.S. and the rest of the world) gets clarification on just how the Russians plan to destroy these weapons.

I hope to God they keep good track of the stock pile and don't allow them to sold on the Black Market or use them on Chechneia, or anyone else.

This could be a great thing if the Russians follow through as planned.

www.spacewar.com...

MOSCOW (AFP) Jul 21, 2005

The Russian government approved Thursday a six-billion-dollar plan to destroy a 40,000-tonne chemical weapons stockpile -- the world's largest -- by 2012, Russian news agencies reported.

"Even though it has the biggest chemical weapons stockpile in the world, Russia has also come up with the safest technologies for disarmament," Russia's RIA Novosti quoted the country's Minister for Industry and Energy Vitkor Khristenko as telling the government meeting

[edit on 21-7-2005 by SIRR1]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
lol.... mmmmdaaa....

I hope to God they keep good track of the stock pile and don't allow them to sold on the Black Market or use them on Chechneia, or anyone else.

...... i'm speechless.......

By the way, haven't you noticed such an extreme, outrageous interest to the topic? No? Look at the views counter. Seems like double standardzzz lol hahaha

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
plan to destroy a 40,000-tonne chemical weapons stockpile -- the world's largest -- by 2012

Hey look!
There´s 2012 again...

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
..all due respect to president putin..can I watch?

Dallas

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Agreed Dallas.
Personally, I'm wondering how much of that "40,000" tonnes belonged to Saddam?

seekerof

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
lol !!!!

Personally, I'm wondering how much of that "40,000" tonnes belonged to Saddam?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It's all a lie Russia ain't gonna destroy anything man, thats just to satisfiy people who still aren't seeing any Russia disarmament progress.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Perhaps it's time that the US follows suit..or at least stops making them!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Perhaps it's time that the US follows suit..or at least stops making them!!!

perhaps maybe u need to look back in the news archive where the U.S. has been continue destroying their stockpiles of chemical weapons as well as not making animore. keeping samples for research only.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Thanks for prompting me to look into it further...it turns out you are right and the US has been destroying their stockpiles. I posted without looking into it and though what I had posted was indeed the case. My apologies :-)

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
hmmm siberian why do u say they wont destroy it?

i wanna know why u think that your opinion of Russia is differant than most peoples

why do u think they wont destroy it?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just depends on how Russia destroys them, or rather whats their definition of destroying.

Bye bye Chechnya.

sry cruel joke

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Russia is not desroying anything... its going to N. Kora China and Iraq and of coure any1 else who hates America... its just stupid to throw away chemical weapons like that... they just have some new stuff something that would really stay in ur spinal cord forever (if u survive) so y throw away the old stuff??? just give it to some1 who hates America with their whole heart

new topics

top topics

join