It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada to play a stronger role in war on terror | missle defense?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Saskatchewan doesn't seem to have much going for it. I used to spend a lot of time there when I was younger. Aside of all the neat names for the towns, like Smiley, there wasn't much to do. There just doesn't seem to be much work there. But I still like Saskatchewan, except for Regina. Bad memories.......

Maybe you could build a pipeline and siphon off some of Alberta's oil? They wouldn't even miss it.

The west has been screwed over for so long, I think we are used to it now. It's all about the seat distribution and even if we got more (which equals a bigger govt with more expenses) it wouldn't really make a difference because Quebec's would increase as well.

What we need to do is gang up on Ottawa with Quebec, we have a lot of the same complaints. These regional parties have to get with the program or we will be governed by the Liberal party in perpetuity.

And who in their right mind would spend good money on Habs tickets???? GO CANUCKS!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Saskatchewan has some oil, our government doesnt seem to care about it. They are more concerned about keeping the cities happy (Regina, Saskatoon).

Saskatchewan is the worlds largest source of uranium though.

I cant find work here at all. Speaking of war on terror etc though, I have noticed a surge of army career ads on a saskatchewan job search page though.

[edit on 20-7-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Harper's talking out of his ass again. He just doesn't know when to shut up. However, he does know how to pander to the neglected, like the west. Of course, I also loathe King Ralph. His greed seems...endless.

I really love how the Americans jumping in the thread are complainign about the terrorists. It's funny, you know...Al- Quaida's in your country too. Deal with your own problems first before complaining about ours.

In my life, I have never seen a conservative government do anything good for Canada. Why should this time be any different? Harper just wants to sell out whatever indepedence our nation has to appease the Americans.

Go habs, yo.

DE

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
All the talk of 50+ whatever number of terrorist groups in Canada is silly because its basically the same situation in the united states.

If you read the articles talking about the terror groups in Canada I believe they mention how many groups are considered to be in the states.

I made a thread about it before but im too lazy to find it.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Conspiracy forum readers (ATSers ignore
)

What would it take for Canada to start "pulling more of its own weight"?

Doesn't that mean we have to 'sacrifice' equally? Doesn't this mean we also deserve to be attacked?

Is that, or is it not, the stupidest thing any Canadian has ever heard? We should make ourselves vulnerable because the US has gone around being intentionally stupid for a few decades?

So now I ask, If there was a event that tied in with world politics, and and it occurred in Canada, what would be the appropriate response? Close off the North American continent (hell, throw in South America), and ID everyone?

What I am saying is, Canada is screwed both ways.

Either there will be no attack against Canada, and they will go into someone else's war, and PUT Canadians in future risk, or there will be an attack against Canada, and THEN we will go fight someone else's war.

And BTW, the Canadian regional system is no accident... Please lets not waste breath pretending it was a natural progression, resulting in Central Gov't Dominance, instead of the provincial government it was ALWAYS supposed to be.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Saskatchewan is the worlds largest source of uranium though.

I was looking at some of the industry statistics for Saskatchewan and it makes me wonder what in the name of God is wrong with your government? With the natural resources you have, that province should be rolling in the money and jobs.

Is it because of the emotional attachment to the agriculture? If so, seriously consider getting over it and electing a government who can bring in the jobs. You have uranium, coal, potash, gold, diamonds, salt and the list goes on and on. You're a relatively young fellow, aren't you? There is really good money to be made in mining. My cousin did it for years, and as a bonus, his job was to blow things up! How cool is that?

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Alot of our resources are going unused its true, and yes I believe its because of the government.

The potash industry is doing quite well.

A very large diamond mine project should be coming up around the prince alberta area sometime soon. The quality of the diamonds is sketchy at best, but the amount is enourmous.

Our government really doesnt care about its residents.

The premier served as Minister of Zion United Church in Moose Jaw from 1979 until 1986.

He should not be in government in my opinion.

Sorry for derailing my own thread but hey, this is the bottom level of the problem !

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Canada is way more involved in missile defence than we would like to admit:

Coalition to Oppose the Arms Trade (COAT)

Canada Requested "Missile Defence" Role

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
On the military spending thing, I was an infantry soldier for a time, before I got out, we were just stating to receive shipment of the LAV 3`s. Our IFV`s were one of our weak spots, so the new lavs took care of that. Also, we had started to receive all new gear, such as load carriage system, custom made foot wear, hot and cold weather, new combats with the comp. generated pattern that I`m sure we have all seen by now. All new kevlar armour, tactical assault vests, cold weather clothing, gortex coats and gloves. I was lucky enough to get to trial some of it and, I must say, massive improvement, the soldires basic gear needed the most improvement, the old stuff was really loose fitting and hard to move with any sort of speed in. So they did a good job there.
Our tanks need to be replaced though, The old Leopard 2`s just wont cut it nowadays. The russians T-90 would kick our tankers butts. As well, a bunch of them had to shipped to Germany to have the bottom of the hull refiitted due to the bottoms dragging through the terrain wore the metal plating down.
all I can think of off the top of my head, but there is more, I`ll get ahold of one of the boys and find out more.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Take it from someone who admires the best of America and sees the 'War on Terrorism' for what it is...you have plenty of problems with your own fascist leanings without attaching yourselves any further to this sinking political ship.

As a Jew I hate fascism or any extreme of the false paradigm, but I was appalled with the treatment of Zundel at the hands of the Canadian prison system and the Canadian Courts (not to mention the US' illegal deportation of the man). Shades of the Star Chamber!!!

The words of Rev. Neimoler (sp?) never rang with more truth than today. The US has also developed its own form of extra-legal proceedings given color of law...perhaps the Nationalists among you should not crow too loudly about the moral superiority of the Great White North, eh?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by awshucksme

As a Jew I hate fascism or any extreme of the false paradigm, but I was appalled with the treatment of Zundel at the hands of the Canadian prison system and the Canadian Courts (not to mention the US' illegal deportation of the man). Shades of the Star Chamber!!!

Hi Shucks...please clarify this...you think he was treated badly, or too well? He was not a permanent resident of Canada anymore...as he had left the country for more than 6 months...he was not a citizen. He was just a big hate-mongering pain in our a*s for many years and should have been kicked out much sooner.

I agree with a lot of what you say otherwise...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join