It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do they get here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If aliens are from a different solar system or galaxy then how do they travel such long distances to our planet? Even at the speed of light it would take hundreds or even thousands of years to get here. According to the law of physics it is impossible to travel at the speed of light. So how do you think they get here? Could of they mastered the art of wormholes?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If we knew that I suppose we would be going there instead.

Anyway, teleportation would be my guess.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
One of the most common theories is the worm hole, or space bending theories.

As far as light speed goes, it's only impossible according to what we KNOW right now. But remember, a few hundred years ago we KNEW the earth was flat, and about a hundred years ago we KNEW the atom was the smallest particle in existence, and until last year we KNEW that Life only existed on Earth (NASA Mars rovers detected evidence of water and life, which the journal Science champions as the most important finding of 2004 english.epochtimes.com... )

In the words of Tommy Lee Jones from MIB: "Imagine what you'll know tomorrow"

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I am not always that sure why people presume that they travel such vast distances (relatively) to get here I'm not saying that they are from our own solar system but thats not to say they couldn't be pretty close which would make things a lot easier! I would also say that our comprehension of physics and the ability to travel at light speed isn't the be all and end all although I have seen a few theories put forward as to how speed of light travel and faster could be achieved IMO I'm pretty sure this is something that an advanced race would have sorted out while we were still inventing the wheel if not before!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Some have hypothesized gravity waves or a gravity 'bubble' could do it.

As far as traveling from other galaxies -- forget it. The distances are too great. Intergalactic travel is just a science fiction story. It's a physics problem, not an engineering problem.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Bob Lazar, who claims to have worked on reverse engineering alien spacecraft for the US government, stated that the Zetan-aliens use antigravity wave technology that is powered by antimatter reactors that are the approximate size of a basketball. Their propulsion system projects an antigravity wave in front and it pulls the craft along. He stated that they have two antigravity drives: one for local travel at low speeds and an interstellar drive for high speeds.

Lazar also stated that the wobbly effect of UFOs that are commonly witnessed is due to the inherent instability of an antigravity wave propulsion system when engaged at slower speeds.

Antigravity wave technology warps the space-time continuum. It doesn't make their ships go faster per se, but it greatly shortens the distance of interstellar flight by warping space.

That is how the Zetan-aliens zip back and forth from Zeta IV in the Zeta 2 Reticuli System and Terra in the Sol System.

[edit on 19-7-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
My best guess would be that they must have this traveling faster than lightspeed down to a science. I would think it is either that or some type of bending space in order to attain the speeds needed for a quick joyride from Universe to Universe. Who knows? It might not take our race long to figure it out but you can be sure of this: the govt. will have it before anyone else. Not only @>186,000mps. we would have to invent a whole new class of alloys to withstand the heat generated by exceeding this speed and we would also have to address the G issues on any crew. I would like to see it in my lifetime but the chances are better on winning the lottery.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
...some of the other posters have already pointed some of this out....but...

>If aliens are from a different solar system or galaxy

Why assume that they're from another solar system or galaxy? Might our visitation not be from another planet in our system? From inside the planet? From an alternate dimension?

>then how do they travel such long distances to our planet?

Why assume that they do? Even if they're unable to exceeed the speed of light, there's no reason to assume that they actually have to cover all of the distance betwen there and here.

>Even at the speed of light it would take hundreds or even
>thousands of years to get here.

Maybe they travel at the speed of light, but change the rate of passage of time? Maybe they're extremely long lived, and a few thousand years of transit time isn't a big deal? Maybe we're in the middle of a massive galactic civilization, and this area was colonized eons ago, but we live on a "nature reserve?"

>So how do you think they get here?

Me personally? I suspect that they're not limited to to the same number of dimensions we are, in such a manner that the whole question of "travel" is irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I dont understand why people use human logic to answer these qustions ? you really think we could fathom there logic. We cannot even maintain peace. I'd stick to the things we can answer

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I dont understand why people use human logic to answer these qustions ? you really think we could fathom there logic. We cannot even maintain peace. I'd stick to the things we can answer

top topics

join