It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some in GOP Hope Rice Runs for President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Condolezza Rice is being suggested as the next GOP presidential candidate, by some Republicans, as they look forward to the 2008 presidential campaign.

news.yahoo.com
By ANNE GEARAN, AP Diplomatic Writer
1 hour, 52 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has been spending time in places like Israel and Italy instead of Iowa. Some Republicans hope she will turn from globe-trotting diplomat to barnstorming candidate for president.

The 2008 presidential race is still a long way off, and Rice, a Republican, is only seven months into her job at the State Department. Still, there are signs that she could take a shot at two historic precedents — the first woman president and the first black.

"She is a fascinating candidate," said Iowa State political science professor Steffen Schmidt, jumping the gun a bit. "She's a woman, she's conservative, she's got a foreign policy background and she's extremely smart."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well, I don't know how effective Rice would be, either as a candidate or as President; however, a race between Rice and Hillary Clinton would not only be historic, it would be fascinating and the talk of politicians and political analysts around the world.

She seems to be softening in her initial refusal to even consider such a thing and it may be that all of the attention she has received as Secretary of State is starting to fire up her political ambitions.

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com
www.cnn.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Is America becoming a one-party state?
Will Cheney quit and Condi Rice become Vice President?

[edit on 7/19/2005 by Stormrider]

[edit on 7/19/2005 by Stormrider]

[edit on 24-7-2005 by asala]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Many of my friends and I have discussed this very thing for some months now. There seem to be two basic schools of thought on it. (1) Yeah, I'de vote for her, but a lot would depend upon who her VP running mate was., and (2) If Hillary Clinton runs, then don't run--The best pick would be a male because a substantial portion of the voters simply aren't ready yet to vote for a female. Personally, I'm not sure whether her candidacy should depend upon who the competition is. The lady, as the article says, is extremely intelligent and well versed in foreign affairs, plus, her performance before Congress was superb, indicating she can take care of herself in a scrap or debate. However, she would need some sort of substantial success as Secretary Of State to really cement her credentials. Further, I think she would have to offer up something in the economic arena to be considered seriously.

[edit on 19-7-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I, personally, don't believe that she will run; she wants to be the commisioner of the NFL, for crying out loud; President of the United States would probably run a poor second to that.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Putting on my completely cynical hat here:

She would be a perfect choice to run against Hillary Clinton. The vote for setting a precedent is a strong one. Not only would the vote be for getting America's first female president it would also be for the first African-American president.

Consequently, as quite a lot of Democrat voters are African-American, the temptation to vote for Ms.Rice could prove too great.

But then again, who knows. Maybe people dont just vote for novelty and actually do consider who is best for the country.

[edit on 19/7/05 by subz]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Are you kidding? That is the only way to get a Libertarian into office. No good republican will vote for a woman, or a black person. No democrat will vote for her cause she is a republican. Therefor it will be Hilary vs Badnarik really.

Think about it!!!! KKK, CCC, WKK, Neo-Nazis, GOP, and the Church are all racist/sexist groups for a white/male America. If Rice even came close to winning one of those groups would kill her.

So go RICE!! Either get Hilary in office or Badnarik in office.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Therefor it will be Hilary vs Badnarik really.

I doubt it will happen. Chicago almost always goes dem.
Hillary will pick a VP from a state that they need to swing over.
She's 'from' New York *cough - carpet bagger*. She'll pick a
state that is swing - like Ohio or Florida .. someone with a lot
of electorial votes, but not any major personality. She couldn't
handle a VP who was as popular as her.

KKK, CCC, WKK, Neo-Nazis, GOP, and the Church are all racist/sexist groups for a white/male America.

I don't know who the 'CCC' and the 'WKK' are.
KKK and Neo Nazies .. yep, racist.
The Church and the GOP racist and sexist?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
As for the subject, I doubt that Dr. Rice will run. It will be Frist,
McCain, Rudy Guiliani and perhaps Santoro battling for top spot.
I look for a Rudy Guiliani/McCain ticket for the GOP.

For the dems - Hillary (of course), Joe Biden, and that idiot John
Kerry - who keeps telling people that he's the dem front runner
for 2008
seems his mentor Ted Kennedy still has the twerp
brainwashed. Not too hard to do with Kerry's ego.

I see Hillary taking it. She'll give Biden Secretary of State. She'll
flush Kerry and Kennedy (thank God).

[edit on 7/27/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
subz pretty much nailed it for me:
1st black president.
1st female president.

Personally, I love to see her chew up and spit out Hillary in the debates.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
subz pretty much nailed it for me:
1st black president.
1st female president.

Personally, I love to see her chew up and spit out Hillary in the debates.

Well Condi hasnt really done anything to make me dislike her. She's only guilty of calling a spade "a spade" with regards to the North Koreans. Thats ok if she wasnt the U.S top diplomat. Other than that I think she'd be a good POTUS.

I love to see anybody chew some one up in debates Seeker. It makes great television

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Let's say Hillary DOESNT run & Rice runs against a man. What do you think the "red" states would do? What would it take for the "reds" to vote for a woman...a black woman no less?

I would love to hear someone who lives in the southern/midwest states comment on this..

Peace

[edit on 27-7-2005 by Serum39]

[edit on 27-7-2005 by Serum39]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
As everything in our male dominated society and boys club of the presidency, she may run but will be stopped in the primaries, and the same for Hillary.

Our advance nation is not ready yet for a woman and none white racial candidate yet.

But I keep my hope high in the near future.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
WKK= White Knights of Kristianity, the Catholic version of the KKK.(KKK is protestant)

CCC= Council of Conservative Citizens Go here for info on them. www.adl.org...

Basically they were the ones who hosted Justice Sunday with Bill Frist and Tom Delay.

The church isn't racist/sexist? WTF!! They used the bible to teach the slaves that that was their place. And how many female priests, bishops, cardinals, and Popes are there???? NONE!!!

Same with the GOP, racist!!! No elected minorities in the Senate. The dems have 600% more in the Senate then the republicans, but that's easy because they have none!!!! Now, if you include women they only have 350% more, but said that once and the republicans told me women don't count so I left them out this time.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'd vote for her over Hillary, but not over some of the other choices. She's smarter and stronger then I think often gets let on, and I think she could really be powerful in a leadership position. If she could get into the public with her new job title, she could pull it off. It'd be like the old days, with SoS being the Presidential jumping point, not VP.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
In the Rainman idiot savant mold.
In a head to head, Mrs. Clinton would devastate her.
Rice is the text book example of failing upwards vs Clinton, who is a text book example of overcoming adverse conditions.
Rice is the redmeat lighting rod to the left, as Hillary is to the right.
Nothing more.
Rice won't get anywhere near the nomination if she does run; you've got the messianic complex dolts of Frist & Guilliani to clear.
The incompetancy, patisanship, toadyness & likely criminality of her run as NSA will sink her from all future consideration, except state level & appointments.

Tell me - where is the skank & what has she been doing?!? Damn odd stage of events to be in & have such an under the radar SS, no?

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
And again, the Secret Service would kill her just to get it over with. I mean, would you want to be worn like a fur coat? With the KKK, WKK, CCC, Church, GOP, Texas, Alalbama, Arkansas, Mississippi, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, and Neo Nazis all shooting at her 24/7 trying to kill her the Secret Service would get tired of loosing agents and just end up shooting her.

So no, she will never be president if she runs as a republican because 80% of the republicans would be trying to kill her.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
She's 'from' New York *cough - carpet bagger*.

So? Republicans tried it with Alan Keyes against Obama. It's politics.

As for Condi Rice... if it's between her and Jeb Bush, please choose Rice, at least to show that there are still people in the Republican party who are qualified for the presidency without bearing the name Bush.

top topics

join