It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris masonic lodge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I recently went to london and while checking out the jewish quarter i stumbled upon a masonic lodge. but instead of the usual masonic symbol
with the G this one had AB in stead of the G could any one inform me of what this mean's? thank you

[edit on 18-7-2005 by Damion_gringe]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Was the lodge in Paris or London, I am confused by your post and title.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It's hard to say as I've never seen such. France is a bit of an anomoly when it comes to Freemasons and their lodges, they're quite liberal, to the extent of many bodies not being officially recognized but still fraternally friendly with the United Grand Lodge of England. They classify their lodges into two branches: Liberal Freemasonry and Regualr and Traditional Lodges. The Regular and Traditional lodges need no explanation, however the Liberal ones have been known to admit women, not require the belief in a supreme being, and entertain the discussion of politics even at times working toward a certain political commitment.

Perhaps the "AB" is some sort of abreviation in French for one of these liberal lodges. Or more likely, being how Freemasonry as well as many, many other orders of initiation thrived in France over the last two hundred years, it could simply be an older Masonic structure which was built before the "G" became common. After all the "G" in the Compass and Square was added much later, originally the symbol for Freemasonry was without the "G", and there is no law to my knowledge which requires the G to be present, although it is now the widespread tradition to do such.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
yes it was in paris and thank you all very much( i went to paris during my vacation in london)

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
That's very strange. I've NEVER seen any other letter but a "G" in a square and compass. We've all seen other objects, but never other letters. There was a thread a while back where a user asked about the square and compass with the letter "H" in the middle. We came to the conclusion that maybe she mistook it for something else. Would've been nice to get a picture, eh?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
i wish i could but i had no camera ill check though. and trust me i saw this i didn't mis read it or anything

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a friend of mine saw one the other day with an S in the middle of it...the building was very old though. anyone ever heard of an S in the middle?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a friend of mine saw one the other day with an S in the middle of it...the building was very old though. anyone ever heard of an S in the middle?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Shhhh...Khonsu !!!

You're spoiling all my fun !!!

Grrrrr.

Cedric Phi

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
:puz
-kay
well all your posts have been very helpful. the building was all cement if that helps it"? ] was covered in hateful grafiti saying things like "come out or ill kill all of you it was also down the street from were the resturant was bombed by an extremist on the jewish corner don't remember names

new topics

top topics

join