It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my eyes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I used to work in the Optometric field as an Optician. What you have described is definately floaters. I have them and have had them for many years. I have never been told I would eventually go blind by them either. They are bothersome, but for me only in the winter, when everything is already white, or extremely foggy outside. I don't see them too much in the summer time unless I'm looking at something light colored. Heck I don't even see them looking at my computer screen. They are just little cob-webs if you will inside your eye, just floating around. Shaking your head may help move them out of your sight. But I have never had to try that. I just grin and bear it and they eventually float off into a different area.
I have talked to a patient that was going through a detached retina and he said it looks as if a curtain is being raised slowly, this can take time or can happen rather quickly. Anyway he was going though it and was definately going to lose his vision in that eye. Not a fun thing to watch him go through.
Be thankful they are floaters and that your final curtain isn't being raised.

<< 1  2   >>

join