It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former DOJ officials claim OKC Bombing coverup began in D.C.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I've investigated this case to the nth degree and to this day it remains as impossibly complicated as ever. So many strands, so many leads, so many players, so much smoke and mirrors.

I saw this article last night. The bottom line is folks want to get "Andy the German" (A. Strassmeir, German intel), who was operating out of Elohim City, in front of a grand jury. His testimony would be very helpful, if not downright damning (for the government).

Former DOJ officials claim OKC Bombing coverup began in D.C.

By J.D. Cash and Lt. Col. Roger Charles, (U.S.M.C. retired)

Speaking on the condition that their names not be revealed, a group of former Department of Justice (DOJ) officials have told this newspaper that the FBI never seriously investigated Tim McVeigh's connections to a right-wing paramilitary training camp.

Neither, they say, were McVeigh's ties to a notorious bank robbery gang operating in the Midwest investigated. Further, FBI agents interested in working the case were thwarted by Department of Justice attorneys and by other FBI officials.
www.mccurtain.com...

This case is every bit as complex and convoluted as the JFK assassination. That in itself speaks volumes.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yet someone else looking for Andy the German... This is the first I've heard of this case - a guy gets put in prison for robbery and he is interrogated over possible involvement with a robbery ring (supposedly related to the OKCbomb case), and he winds up dead. They say he killed himself. His lawyer brother says different.

Someone tipped me to this and this site -

www.ktok.com.../local.html&in
stance=1&article_id=25795

"We were put into contact with some very, very high level former
Department of Justice officials who have seen about as much of this coverup
of the Oklahoma City bombing they can stomach," said Cash in an interview
with KTOK News.
He explained the once powerful officials in the DOJ believe the story is
coming out because of the lawsuit and freedom of information fight between
Salt Lake City attorney Jesse Trentadue and the FBI
www.ktok.com.../local.html&in

Nothing.. error.. scrubbed?

Who is this informant the FBI is protecting? Andy the German?

: FBI Changes Story & Claims Fewer New Bombing Documents Are Found (OKC Bombing)
Source: KTOK Radio News (OKC)

Trentadue filed an agreement last week in federal court stating he would be willing to let the FBI redact or blackout the identity of its informant in an undercover operation targeting Tim McVeigh before the bombing. But in return, he asked to have the remaining documents untouched and to make public the identity of an undercover operative used by the Southern Poverty Law Center. The undercover operatives for the FBI and the SPLC had infiltrated a gang of Midwest Bank bandits as well as the white supremacist compound called Elohim City in far eastern Oklahoma.
www.libertypost.org...

Very curious..

The content item you have requested is no longer available.
www.sltrib.com...

Scrubbed again? Here's the cached article.. Can you guess who they think the informant is? Good 'ol Andy Strassmeir.

Lawyer claims FBI informer linked to McVeigh bombing
By Pamela Manson
The Salt Lake Tribune

A Salt Lake City lawyer says an FBI informant who was an explosives expert might have trained accomplices of Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh at a white supremacist compound.
Attorney Jesse Trentadue says two teletypes sent by the FBI's director show that an informer had infiltrated a paramilitary training compound in Oklahoma known as Elohim City and was there in April 1995 when one of the bombing suspects allegedly called looking for co-conspirators.
The name of the informant and caller are blacked out, but Trentadue suspects they are Andreas Strassmeir, a German national who he says was the weapons and explosives instructor at the compound, and McVeigh, who allegedly was trying to recruit accomplices two weeks before the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building that killed 168 people. The attorney says he believes Strassmeir was working either for the FBI or for the Southern Poverty Law Center, an Alabama-based civil rights group, which relayed the information to the agency.
RPF6SAeAOUJ:www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_2499296+Salt+Lake+City+attorney+Jesse+Trentadue&hl=en

[edit on 7/18/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
That last link is not right. I have no idea where it came from. So here's the article and link one more time.

By Pamela Manson
The Salt Lake Tribune

A Salt Lake City lawyer says an FBI informant who was an explosives expert might have trained accomplices of Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh at a white supremacist compound.
RPF6SAeAOUJ:www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_2499296+Salt+Lake+City+attorney+Jesse+Trentadue&hl=en

[edit on 7/18/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
That's too weird.. No matter what I do.. the link to the cached article is good until I post it here. (Even in PREVIEW) Upon posting, it magically turns into a link to some nonsense google page. What's up w/that?

I will gladly surrender points for this long post.. Here is the whole article since the link will not appear correctly.

By Pamela Manson
The Salt Lake Tribune

Salt Lake Tribune

Attorney Jesse Trentadue says two teletypes sent by the FBI's director show that an informer had infiltrated a paramilitary training compound in Oklahoma known as Elohim City and was there in April 1995 when one of the bombing suspects allegedly called looking for co-conspirators.
The name of the informant and caller are blacked out, but Trentadue suspects they are Andreas Strassmeir, a German national who he says was the weapons and explosives instructor at the compound, and McVeigh, who allegedly was trying to recruit accomplices two weeks before the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building that killed 168 people. The attorney says he believes Strassmeir was working either for the FBI or for the Southern Poverty Law Center, an Alabama-based civil rights group, which relayed the information to the agency.
If his suspicion about the informant's identity is correct, "then not only does it appear that FBI defendants knew about and fail[ed] to prevent the attack upon the Murrah Building, but FBI defendants may also have been responsible for training McVeigh and the others who planned and carried out the attack," Trentadue says in a document filed Monday at U.S. District Court in Salt Lake City.
The accusation was made in the lawyer's lawsuit that alleges the FBI is violating the federal Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) by refusing to turn over documents connected to the 1995 death of his brother in an Oklahoma prison.
This latest allegation by Trentadue follows one he made last month that the FBI probably knew in advance about the bombing but did nothing to stop the attack.
The FBI and the Department of Justice, which represents the agency in the lawsuit, do not comment on pending litigation. The FBI has responded in court papers that it has followed FOIA procedures and asked U.S. District Judge Dale Kimball to dismiss the suit.
But Trentadue says the judge should reject the request and require the agency to conduct another document search. In an affidavit attached to Monday's filing, retired veteran FBI agent Emanuel Johnson Jr. says he believes the teletypes are genuine and easily retrievable from agency files.
Trentadue does not say how he obtained the teletypes, which appear to have been sent to bombing investigators. He is seeking documents on the probe because he believes it holds clues to his brother's death.
Kenneth Trentadue, 44, who had served time for bank robbery, was arrested on a parole violation and had been placed in a federal prison in Oklahoma City when guards found him dead on Aug. 21, 1995, hanging from a noose made of torn bed sheets. His family insists he was killed and contend correctional officers destroyed evidence.
Authorities have denied the allegations and several investigations ruled the death a suicide.
Jesse Trentadue believes that at one time, the FBI was investigating whether a gang that robbed banks to fund attacks on the government was connected to the bombing and suspected his brother of being one of the robbers. The lawyer thinks Kenneth was killed "when things got out of hand" during an interrogation.
McVeigh was executed in 2001. Media reports say Strassmeir returned to Germany soon after the bombing.
[email protected]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm not quite sure if I follow you here, EKC. Are you saying that our government had a hand in planning the attack?

Because from what I see here, the were in the middle of an undercover op to try to catch McVeigh before it happened, it just looks like he got to it before they could stop him..

Maybe I'm wrong?

Help me to understand.

But good info otherwise.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The whole case, everything having to do with it is mindbending. Like I've said, it's JFK level. There are so many layers to the story. So many players, too. It's like the AC-DC song, "Thunderstruck." You can only follow Angus Young's guitar so far, until you hit an explosion of noise and you lose him. You can never follow him through that burst of chorus, no matter how hard you try. It's impossible.

Like those immortal words spoken by Dave Ferrie in Oliver Stone's "JFK," It's a mystery! It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma! ...

For real. I have been on this case since zero hour. Believe one thing, the official story is pure fantasy.

The best source I've found is a book you can read online. Here it is:

The Oklahoma City Bombing and the Politics of Terror
by David Hoffman
Copyright © 1998 David Hoffman

www.constitution.org...

I highly recommend it to all.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
ECK, have you read the book by Jayna Davis, The Third Terrorist? If so what did you think?

Roper

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
ECK, have you read the book by Jayna Davis, The Third Terrorist? If so what did you think?

Roper

No, I havn't. Isn't she the reporter who is convinced Saddam and the Iraqis are behind OKC? If its the same person I'm thinking of, my opinion is her stuff is definitely secondary in importance.

Did you read it? What do you think?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This has always been a lingering question in my mind, great postin ECK but ur links dont come up for me. I know u guys question his motives but alex jones has a vid called 911 - The Road to Tyranny. Good collection of channel 4 reportings from 17:15 mins to about 43:30. after that Alex goes back to his commentary and info presentation.

Its a great collection of alot of channel 4's investigations tapings into the whole thing. Of course its got his stuff in it too but at least u get to see some really great reporting done the way it is supposed to be done by the channel 4 reporters. Tenaciously and with Valor. Its a good vid to have in ur collection in my opinion. It was made in 2002 i think so any new info on top of this is kewl. Can u email me those links so i can chk em out?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
That's too weird.. No matter what I do.. the link to the cached article is good until I post it here. (Even in PREVIEW) Upon posting, it magically turns into a link to some nonsense google page. What's up w/that?

I will gladly surrender points for this long post.. Here is the whole article since the link will not appear correctly.

By Pamela Manson
The Salt Lake Tribune

Salt Lake Tribune

If his suspicion about the informant's identity is correct, "then not only does it appear that FBI defendants knew about and fail[ed] to prevent the attack upon the Murrah Building, but FBI defendants may also have been responsible for training McVeigh and the others who planned and carried out the attack," Trentadue says in a document filed Monday at U.S. District Court in Salt Lake City.
The accusation was made in the lawyer's lawsuit that alleges the FBI is violating the federal Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) by refusing to turn over documents connected to the 1995 death of his brother in an Oklahoma prison.
This latest allegation by Trentadue follows one he made last month that the FBI probably knew in advance about the bombing but did nothing to stop the attack.
The FBI and the Department of Justice, which represents the agency in the lawsuit, do not comment on pending litigation. The FBI has responded in court papers that it has followed FOIA procedures and asked U.S. District Judge Dale Kimball to dismiss the suit.
But Trentadue says the judge should reject the request and require the agency to conduct another document search. In an affidavit attached to Monday's filing, retired veteran FBI agent Emanuel Johnson Jr. says he believes the teletypes are genuine and easily retrievable from agency files.
Trentadue does not say how he obtained the teletypes, which appear to have been sent to bombing investigators. He is seeking documents on the probe because he believes it holds clues to his brother's death.
Kenneth Trentadue, 44, who had served time for bank robbery, was arrested on a parole violation and had been placed in a federal prison in Oklahoma City when guards found him dead on Aug. 21, 1995, hanging from a noose made of torn bed sheets. His family insists he was killed and contend correctional officers destroyed evidence.
Authorities have denied the allegations and several investigations ruled the death a suicide.
Jesse Trentadue believes that at one time, the FBI was investigating whether a gang that robbed banks to fund attacks on the government was connected to the bombing and suspected his brother of being one of the robbers. The lawyer thinks Kenneth was killed "when things got out of hand" during an interrogation.
McVeigh was executed in 2001. Media reports say Strassmeir returned to Germany soon after the bombing.
[email protected]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well the KTOK one kinda worked..it took me to their page but had an inner sql error within the table frame which it mighta been cookie cache driven....dunno. The main point of my post was the CH4 reports in the vid tho.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
Well the KTOK one kinda worked..it took me to their page but had an inner sql error within the table frame which it mighta been cookie cache driven....dunno. The main point of my post was the CH4 reports in the vid tho.

The point is, if they don't work, you might want to wonder whyl.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
No wondering there, ive had a few files up and disappear over the yrs(and i dont mean i just misplaced them). had a few copied links become garbled crud. i have a pretty good idea whats up. chk ur favorites in a few days. that link, if u saved it, might just go poof, buh-bye. Scares the crap outta me what can be done to us, missing files and garbled links are the least of my probs of what is possible from them...i burn alotta dvds on reg basis just in case.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
No wondering there, ive had a few files up and disappear over the yrs(and i dont mean i just misplaced them). had a few copied links become garbled crud. i have a pretty good idea whats up. chk ur favorites in a few days. that link, if u saved it, might just go poof, buh-bye. Scares the crap outta me what can be done to us, missing files and garbled links are the least of my probs of what is possible from them...i burn alotta dvds on reg basis just in case.

Like I said, the article I posted was cached. Otherwise, it would have been gone, down the memory hole.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Kewl, keep up the great work man. I agree with ya. The layers that have to be peeled back to find the truth(lost somewhere deep) is crazy. and along with the jfk truth, 911 truth and the others, i guess we wont know till the truth is allowed or forced someway. Sux to be a common man. To be a fly on the wall of some of those "meetings" would be interesting to say the least.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
This new alternative time line to the OKC bombing digs deep in to the events leading to one of the largest mass murders in US history. Starting in 1988 and ending in 2004 with the FBI reopening the case, this timeline offers compelling evidence of others helping McVeigh construct and detonating the 6000lb bomb. Check it out! The Oklahoma City Bombing Conspiracy Time line !

top topics

join