It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palastinians kill 9 children and injure 40 more

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Where are the angry posts from Cold Anger on this?

This just goes to show the biased posts and the capture of the news media by the palastinians.

www.debka.com...
On August 19, 2003, a Palestinian imam and teacher, member of Hamas from Hebron, blew up a packed Jerusalem bus carrying religious Israeli families home from the Western Wall in Jerusalem. Nine of the 20 fatalities were children and babies, as were 40 of the 150 injured.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
i say we step out, and let Israel open up some whoop-a$$ on palestine and settle this crap once and for all. It must be so hard for the Israelis to restrain themselves like they have...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's all disgusting........it seems like the War on Terror is only to the benefit of the US/UK. This type of thing is happening every day now, much more than before. A war on terror should be stopping this, not just protecting the homeland.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Netchicken is right. How come CA is not advocating against the horrible crimes of the Palestinian groups who caused this. I thought CA stayed on top of international happenings. I'm really surprised to see NOTHING demonizing Hamas from a great moral crusader and defender of mankind like CA.

I do know however that CA will be here in his full glory to criticize Israel if they take out any strategic Hamas installations because that would be a gross violation of International Law... but yeah... silence from the moral ones on the board about bombing infants!

And Estragon should be happy with Netchicken's post too! A suspect has been identified now. Do we still have to worry about saying he was Palestinian, Estragon?

[Edited on 8-20-2003 by Djarums]

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Your assumption that there were more attacks in israel now than before the Iraqi war is a watered-down guesstimate. Do you have any figures to prove this?

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
Your assumption that there were more attacks in israel now than before the Iraqi war is a watered-down guesstimate. Do you have any figures to prove this?

That is simply not the case, this intifada has been going on far longer than the Iraqi conflict.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Djarums, i was speaking to Chebob. It's ridiculous to say there have been more attacks during the war than before. This problem is ages old, and it has to be solved, one way or another.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Don't forget this attack was done DURING peace talks between Israel and Palastine. They were done for the express reason to destroy those peace talks.

Think of the uproar that takes place when only 1 palastinain child is killed, the pictures, the angry articles, the media frenzy, etc

Then see that yesterday 9 children were killed, and 40 can you imagine it?

An entire busload of children deliberatly attacked

As well as over 150 injured, this is far more than the UN bomb in Iraq.

Yet look at the absence of news on it. If it wasn't for debka, there would be no articles.

Just who controls the media now?

And to those who say that "suicide bombers are just the palasatinian answer to superior weapons" can you imagine a missile, or bomb targeting a bus of children and families?

The person who did this must have known what he was doing, he must have walked between the families and the kids, been in the bus with the children when they were travelling, heard them talking and laughing, before he detonated his bomb.

And this is justifiable, as a form of attack?

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
"Road Map to Terror"
www.frontpagemag.com...

The article is a good read on the Palestinian PM.

Just saw another report that said that Israeli tanks are heading for Arafats compound.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
goregrinder, I know that this has been going on for ages. I am not stupid enough to deny that they have been fighting for years....
I'm saying that these attacks were less frequent a year ago. To say the Iraq war hasn't fired the Israelis and Palestinians up is propostorous.

Israel and Palestine are out of control, and I can't see anyone who's gonna do a good job of making them stop fighting. I think that in Bush's war of terror he has only fuelled more terrorism and he now has a responsibility to do his best to stop this sort of thing. If he ca;t, he shouldn't have gone in guns blazing. This sin't a biased crusade against bush, It would be the same whoever was in his position

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by chebob]

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
that again is an unfounded claim. if i remember correctly, there was an extreme rash of suicide bombings last year. The best thing the US could do would be to let the chips fall where they may. the bloodshed will never cease.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Now if a terrorist attacked a bus of children in America, or England, what do you think would be your response? What would be the response of your government or your media?

Can you blame Israel for anything they decide to do now? Or for trying to stop the attacks by building walls?

Don't forget this was not an accident, it was a deliberate targeting of children and families, none of them were military, there were no military targets, yet this is mostly unreported in the media,

So what are they reporting?

Tanks advancing on Ramalla, as if there was no justification for it, as if Israel was breaking the truce.

Note this typical media action, minimise the casualties and the deaths but maximise the Israeli response.

So when the tanks reach Ramalla and the palastinian gunmen set themselves up in houses with families in the same house present during the attack.

Guess what the images will be that get beamed out?

And guess what Cold Angers outrage will focus on?

Just a head up on what really happens in our media...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Dreadful news.

Still,where was the condemnation of Israel when they have murdered during this peace process.

I condemn this atrocity.Why won't others condemn similar atrocities?

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Net...I am not disputing "justification"...
I merely mentioned what I did because it was news.
I can see no fault of what the Israelis are doing in light of this lastest terrorist act.
Many will abstain from commenting thusly and remain silent, harboring thoughts of "other motives.etc."
What happened yesterday was a terrorist act. It was a cowardly, low-down, lower than whale poop on the bottom of the ocean move by Islamic-Jihad, Hezzbolah, etc.
Punishment and "justification", in what ever form it comes, will be given....its the only thing that terrorist acknowledge. They continue to attack civilian targets with impunity.....I say...GROW SOME BALLS....and attack real targets.....scum bags!~
Everyone wants to pin a 'conspiracy label' to anything and everything....folks....this whole world revolves around "motives, upon other motives, etc." The cycle never ends.....but terrorism in this form is plain stupid and speaks vast amounts about those involved....when you attack helpless innocents.....this cycle never ends also....and is the lowest of the lowest way to get a "point or message" across....by either side of the "issues."

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Don't you get it yet?
Israeli babies carry rocket launchers and the toddlers can tear down a palestinian home with their bare hands!!!
There was no choice but to target them.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
My purpose in the post above was to highlight the inequality of the media in the reporting of Israeli deaths, and the over reporting of Palastinain deaths.

There was a peace conference hapening that the militants refuse to accept, and their response was to commit this action deliberatly killing children.

Now the underreporting of it is typical, yet the coming over reporting of the israeli response will paint the Isarelis as aggressors, it happens every time.

So I thought I would take the opportunity to show how the media works.

My prediction will be that there will be some civilian deaths, that is unavoidable as the militants suround themselves with civilians, but this will be hyped up

"House containing militants attacked women and chldren killed"

while the history to it, the 9 children killed and 40 injured (we are talking maimed, limbs lost, bodies ruptured, etc, not cuts and bruises) and 150 others ingured will be conveniently forgotten.

The civilian deaths by the Israeli army will be as an unwanted side efect of the hunt for the militants, as a result of urban warfare where the enemy are sourounded by families.

Yet the attack on the bus was a deliberate action deliberatly targeting a bus of children and families with absolutly no military importance. It was an action by a peson who must have sat on the bus with the families seen them and heard them. This is not a cold distant action.

Just wait and watch how the media react and see for yourself what happens...

But the palastinians won't get condemned over it, ....

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I would point out that this is a relatively new shift in the media, though. I'm actually surprised CA hasn't come in with this yet. Up until recently American media was under-reporting the palestinian side and over inflating the Israeli side. The BBC has stayed about the same (pro-Palestine). It would be interesting to go out and check media sites from around the world and make a comparison over just this one event.
I would guess that overall you would find a pro Palestine leaning. My reasoning is mostly because no one wants to be seen as pro American right now so since America supports Israel they would be better served to support the other side...no matter what.

I would have to agree with the previous posts that there is NO justification for this kind of act. Netchicken has summed it up nicely so I don't really need to rehash it. I still can't believe, however, how much restraint Israel has shown so far...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Here are some headlines:

CNN
Palestinians promise new anti-terror efforts

Palestinian officials condemned Tuesday's bombing and asked Israel not to respond militarily, warning it could cause a further blowup in the region. no kidding, literally a BLOW UP

ABC
Israel Cancels Handover After Bombing

Israel immediately froze all contacts with the Palestinian Authority and canceled the planned handover of two West Bank towns to Palestinian control, a move that had been expected later this week. The Israeli army also closed border crossings to seal off the West Bank and Gaza Strip

NBC

Israel holds off military strike

Israel decided Wednesday to hold off on a major military strike in response to a Hamas suicide bombing, giving Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas a little more time to decide whether to shift policy and order the arrests of Palestinian militants.

FOX

Palestinians Urge Israel to Show Restraint

Palestinian Authority promises to wage 'all out war' on Hamas, Islamic Jihad for deadly bus bombing in Jerusalem as Israeli tanks reportedly prepare for battle in Ramallah.

BBC

Abu Mazen orders Israel blast arrests

Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas - also known as Abu Mazen - has ordered his security forces to arrest those responsible for Tuesday's suicide bus blast in Jerusalem.

People's Daily (China)

Absolutely nothing

PRAVDA (Russia)

Absolutely nothing

Middle East News Daily

Palestinian PM Breaks With Militants

Odd- It links back to ABCNEWS.com

That's all for now, kind of interesting.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
Don't you get it yet?
Israeli babies carry rocket launchers and the toddlers can tear down a palestinian home with their bare hands!!!
There was no choice but to target them.

Fry, I think you have it switched around. Israelis don't give their children RPG's to go cause "havoc� that would be the Palestinian�s. Haven't you seen the countless images of them with explosives strapped to young children; 7 year olds holding assault rifles? And this recent suicide attack just shows you just how sadistic these people really are, they're more like animals!

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I thought my sarcasm was obious in that post. I'm sorry.
That was a bit of grim sarcastic humor that I should, probably, have not posted in the first place.

I'm not going to get into my hatred of the cowards that target civilians with bombs full of roofing nails.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join