It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Trust Our President?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I am linking you to an article penned by former CIA operatives who trained and worked with outted NOC Valerie Plame. I stand fully behind what these men say.

The Intelligence Challenge: Can We Trust Our President?
By Brent Cavan, Jim Marcinkowski, Larry Johnson, and Jane Doe

We trained and worked at the CIA with Valerie Plame. We presented the following statement at a hearing on Capitol Hill in October 2003. In light of the latest White House sanctioned assault on Valerie Plame and her character, our testimony remains relevant and accurate. All of us were undercover. Brent Cavan and Larry Johnson worked as analysts in the Directorate of Intelligence. Jim Marcinkowski and Jane Doe were case officers and served overseas. Jane Doe's real name is not being used because she was involved in counter terrorism operations and could be at risk if her identity were divulged. We've got each other's back.

We slogged through the same swamps on patrols, passed clandestine messages to each other, survived a simulated terrorist kidnapping and interrogation, kicked pallets from cargo planes, completed parachute jumps, and literally helped picked ticks off each other after weeks in the woods at a CIA training facility. We knew each other’s secrets. We shared our fears, failures, and successes. We came to rely on each other in a way you do not find in normal civilian life. We understood that a slip of the tongue could end in death for those close to us or for people we didn’t even know. We were trained by the best, to be the best. We were trained by the Central Intelligence Agency. They may not appreciate what they have created.

Our joint training experience forged a bond of trust and a sense of duty that continues some eighteen years later. It is because of this bond of trust that the authors of this piece and two other colleagues, all former intelligence officers, appeared on ABC’s Nightline to speakout on behalf of the wife Ambassador Joseph Wilson, a sensitive undercover operative outted by columnist Robert Novak. The Ambassador’s wife (we decline to use her name) is a friend who went through the same training with us. We acknowledge our obligation to protect each other and the intelligence community and the information we used to do our jobs.

We are speaking out because someone in the Bush Administration seemingly does not understand this, although they signed the same oaths of allegiance and confidentiality that we did. Many of us have moved on into the private sector, where this Agency aspect of our lives means little, but we have not forgotten our initial oaths to support the Constitution, our government, and to protect the secrets we learned and to protect each other. We still have friends who serve. We protect them literally by keeping our mouths shut unless we are speaking amongst ourselves. We understand what this bond or the lack of it means.
noquarter.typepad.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Last week someone asked me where we might find today's True Sons Of Liberty.

As evident by your post, they come from all walks of life.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I used to criticize the CIA too widely. I have since corrected that criticism. In the years since Bush II has been in office, I have seen the CIA be completely tarred and abused for the administrations many blunders and lies.

As in the military, there are many fine men and women who work in our clandestine services on our nation's behalf. Valerie Plame (Joseph Wilson's wife) was one of those people. She was a hero and this administration threw her and her years of hard work (on OUR behalf) away, for the purpose of exacting revenge. That is an outrage. Whoever is responsible should be in the docks and sent away for a very long time.

Screw partisan politics! This is an issue of NATIONAL SECURITY!

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It's clear that these criminals will stop at nothing for political and financial gain.

We should be equally commited to putting an end to this kind of corruption in our government.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

It's clear that these criminals will stop at nothing for political and financial gain.

The outting of Plame goes to show these people have no allegience to the American people or to our nation's security. Her outting was a vendetta to smear Joseph Wilson, who proved one of their biggest assertions (Iraq's procurement of Yellowcake from Niger) was a complete fraud - that btw, found its way into the president's State of the Union address. That was a big no-no. I guess what someone didn't realize at the time was, the SotU address is in fact, testimony before congress (and to the people). In the case of impeachment, those 16 words could be construed as lying under oath (the very thing Clinton was impeached for).

The American people should forget about partisan politics and see this for what it is. Betrayal at the highest levels.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
More generally, I am not certain that you could come up with a single utterance or statement from this "president", nor any actual fulfilment of stated policy, that would indicate that he is trustworthy or reliable at all.

But I stand to be educated.

Again, I call upon any members who are personal observers of Bush to create a daily log of any useful actions that he undertakes, in evidence of trustworthiness. This has been asked for at least three times before, but it seems impossible to deliver on.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I trust the President 100%, he is one of the few in politics that is not a slave to polls or pressure, he leads from the heart.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
I trust the President 100%, he is one of the few in politics that is not a slave to polls or pressure, he leads from the heart.

I agree. I trust him as well.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Exactly!

He's probably one the most trustworthy Presidents this country has ever had! He says what he means and means what he says!

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Ignorance is bliss!

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

He "leads" like that, because he's got 'others' doing the work. He's got so much smoke blown up his backside its ridiculous. That's the only way he could go out in public and look like that. He really does believe he's the president. That's the funniest thing. (For us, not so funny.)

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You are really pissin me off!

I want that expletive pizza (in your avatar) NOW!

[edit on 7/18/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yes the pizza is making me hungry.

Yes the president do not look at polls, because they are not good for his health.

He leads from the hart, in favor of corporate power and corruption and against the interest of the American people that elected him.

His number one priority seems to be to drive our nation down the toilet while favoring his big interest.

He was elected to served the people but his priorities are not the people.

Hail to the president.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

That pizza is killing me!

He leads from the hart, in favor of corporate power and corruption and against the interest of the American people that elected him.

He leads from the heart which is bought by the corporate interests.

Tell me how George Dubya cares about the people.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

What's the point of this post?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Um er gee, to show um er gee, that um er gee

He's a really smart guy ?

And to take my mind off that pizza!

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Yes the president do not look at polls, because they are not good for his health.

Because polls are not accurate. They had polls showing that Bush would lose, and polls showing that Bush would win the election... I don't believe in polls.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I resent that

I'm part Polish!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I think the picture is nice ECK, I guess even our president will do well reading some books for dummies.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join