It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Another Day in Iraq, Only 55 killed in One Attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I think Seeker's pragmatism (we're in it now, best to work it out) is the only option besides complete and total withdrawal and sepuku with nukes.

We have to build those people roads, bridges, power stations, water treatment plants, and most importantly, schools and hospitals, or better yet, give them the means to build these this infrastructure for themselves.

And we need to appease the people who are blowing these buildings up.

Somehow, we have to erase the footprint in that country left by the angry giant.

We have to do that, and get the hell out before the place implodes around our ears. We've got thin supply lines, isolated concentrations of troops away from evacuation routes, impassable roads in many areas, constant sniper and bomb harrassment of convoys and patrols, food shortages, fuel shortages, water shortages.

We're not winning, we're surviving.

The idea is we stay there until the resistance is wiped out, but that's simply not feasible, is it? How many boys become men every day in Iraq? How many foreign fighters enter the country on a daily basis?

Every time a round goes awry, and smacks some poor old woman in the forehead, another 'terrorist' or three is born.

Never underestimate the motivational power of revenge.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I am just happy that the people of Iraq are now out of harms way and that terrorism against the free world has ended as a result of this invasion.

May I also add that the U.S. mainland is now safe since we have rounded up all of Saddam's WMD.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The truth is you didn't envisage the Moslem Fanatics fighting like they do. They are people who cannot have a God as they treat life with impunity. Its time we let these people eradicate themselves fighting their own Moslem brothers in a war that is incomprehensible. Pull the troops out and let them kill each other in the name of God Or Allah.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
"Pull the troops out and let them kill each other in the name of God Or Allah."

I can live with that :-). With an unstable Afghanistan and Iraq maybe Iran will jump in and the mix left over will go after Saudi for supporting us. After its all done there will be nothing left there. Problem solved on their end. lol

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
So seekerof, the damage is done and now we have to make the best of the situation. That is quite an inhuman statement for a variety of reasons.

Firstly, USA has been involved in a lot of illegal wars and acts of war against quite a number of foreign countries. If we were to 'make the best' of each instance, there would be no accountability. Basically, u are giving a free reign to the actions of 1 rogue state. USA invades and occupies Iran next without UN charter? no problem! lets just make the best of it and move on eh?

Occupation of Iraq isnt the only horrendous act the USA has committed. Clinton bombed a pharmaceutical company in Sudan thinking it was used for making bombs. It turned out it was clean and the only people that died are the civilians. Bush Sr. used the excuse that Iraqi tanks are collecting on Saudi border during the first gulf war to launch attacks against Iraq. Turned out, no such situation existed. The list goes on and on... You see the same pattern repeating everyday in Iraq. During the occupation, USA bombed a marketplace, thinking Saddam might be there... 13 innocent iraqi's died. Soon afterwards, they bombed a wedding. Countless innocents were slaughtered there. Around here, the police cannot just whip out pistols and start shooting armed suspects, though they have been known to do that. Do u not think the Iraqi's deserve as much? Why bomb them from afar on mere suspicion? would such a thing be allowed here? There is no denying the callousness which we in the USA exhibit towards those 'sand 'n-word's'...

I think you will agree that i do not agree with your opinion as i have illustrated above. What is important for you and others to realise, is that if i just let it go at that, then Iraqi's will continue to die. People like you will continue to support the troops and all the time, innocents will pay with their lives.

Frankly, it is hard to believe that a humane person will continue to support the occupation of Iraq at the expense of the innocent iraqi's given the nature of the occupation and the track record of USA.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I know no one really cares, however just in case. Since the opening post in this thread the number killed in the attack has been revised and now stands at 90 killed and at least 156 people were injured in the blast.

Also since that horrific attack yesterday, other suicide attacks in Iraq have claimed another 22 lives in the Baghdad area.

Link

The huge explosion occurred as worshippers were heading to sunset prayers and the street was bustling with families enjoying a stroll in the cool of the evening.

One weeping man struck himself in the head as a sign of grief. Another sifted through debris near the molten remnants of a car. A woman shrouded in black screamed as she walked by the bombing site.

Later, several men carried wooden coffins on their shoulders, leaving the scene where nearly all building fronts had been damaged.

One charred shoe was left in the street, near a pool of dried blood mixed with ashes on the pavement. A blackened bicycle also lay abandoned close to a truck hitched to a fuel tanker that may have fed the blaze.

It appeared the bombing was directed at Shiite worshippers in the latest attack aimed at triggering sectarian war between Sunnis and Shiites.

Just more of the same, and just another day in the lives of Iraqis. Nothing to see here. move along.

ESP

[edit on 17-7-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSockPuppet
I know no one really cares, however just in case.

You know no such thing...

On another board I frequent, a member has posted every casualty named thus far from the Iraq war and subsequent hostilities. The thread is 34 pages long. Regardless of one's position on the war, it is important to realize and be reminded that real men and women are losing their lives every day.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
yah right that is the way it is there, kinda reminds me of Israel and all that needless death. It's almost like a lottery as to are you in the right place at the wrong time?

It just go's on and on. The only safe place in Israeli territory is being on a jet liner.

The whole thing with now-you-now-live-now-you-don't is basically barbaric.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
A couple things:

SeekerofI am proud to say that when I look at a half cup of water, that I can say that it is half-full rather that half-empty

Are you happy? You killed a perfectly good metaphor. Hang it. You used it up. It's gone now. Bye bye.

Besides, it's not about what's in a glass,

It's about what's on our hands.

Rest assured that100% everything. be it positive or be it negative is on our hands in this war. We are the instigators, and we are the ones who are doing the occupying now. It is our responsibility, and nobody else's.

Also,

Bulldog 52
The truth is you didn't envisage the Moslem Fanatics fighting like they do. They are people who cannot have a God as they treat life with impunity. Its time we let these people eradicate themselves fighting their own Moslem brothers in a war that is incomprehensible. Pull the troops out and let them kill each other in the name of God Or Allah.

How can you sit there and type that? Do you proofread? Muslims (Broad Generalization here) Are among the MOST devout people in the world, hands down and bar none. I'm closer to questioning America's relationship with God, since according to most Religious Politicians, this is a Christian nation...yet we have the highest crime ratings in the world, the most crowded prisons, the least crowded churches, and to tell you the truth, Muslims would rather kill westerners than each other, then they'll sort themselves out.

I just wanted to let you know that these aren't 'Godless heathen' That's something that we've known since the Crusades, and of course, when I say 'We', I mean the people who pay attention to what their enemy is fighting for...

That's all.

[edit on 7-17-2005 by Loki]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hashbaby
Occupation of Iraq isnt the only horrendous act the USA has committed.... Bush Sr. used the excuse that Iraqi tanks are collecting on Saudi border during the first gulf war to launch attacks against Iraq. Turned out, no such situation existed. The list goes on and on...

EXCUSE ME?!?

Lest I was comotose during the first Gulf War, didn't Saddam INVADE Kuwait first? He did place troops and armor there on the border, only in response to our terrible agression in Saudia Arabia right?

Hashbaby, from your name you may not quite remember the events as well as most of us.

Yeah the list goes on.

Helping out in the Balkans finally to help end the humanitarian disaster there.

Helping out with Military forces assisting Tsunami victims, while we are actively engage in two major military actions.

Trying to get the rest of the world to notice what is going on in Darfur by calling it "genocide" while the rest of the UN is interested in what the definition is rather than taking any action.

Increased aid to Africa to help combat AIDS and poverty. Bono gave out props to the US for that.

We are bad bad people aren't we.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join