It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Palestinian Authority Declares State Of Emergency

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Six Qasam rockets were fired into Israel from Gaza, yesterday, killing one person and wounding more than a dozen others. The Israeli Defense Force said that Hamas, the palestinian terrorist group was responsible for the attacks. The attack folowed an assault earlier in the day by the IDF on Hamas sites within Gaza, following a rocket strike from Gaza that killed one Israeli woman. The Palestinian Interior Minister Nasser Youssef declared a state of emergency in Palestine, due to the attacks.

www.cnn.com
GAZA CITY (CNN) -- A day after a rocket fired by Palestinian militants killed an Israeli woman, at least six more rockets were launched into Israel from northern Gaza Friday, Israeli military sources said, while violence between the militants and Palestinian security forces brought a state of emergency to the territories.

According to the sources, militants launched six Qassam rockets from the northern Gaza town of Beit Hanoun, with all of them landing in and around the city of Sderot.

There were no reports of damage or injuries.

The rockets came only hours after Israel Defense Forces launched its own missiles into Gaza early Friday in the aftermath of the attack that killed the woman.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am always dumbfounded when Hamas launches some terrorist attack on Israel, especially, since the agreement between Israel and the Palestinian Authority. Israel is to give up Gaza and part of the West Bank, in order for the Palestinians to create their own independant state; but the stated goal of Hamas is to totally destroy the state of Israel and the Jews that inhabit it and make it the Palestinian homeland with Jerusalem as it's capitol; so, I really shouldn't be too surprised at this story.

Even so, it saddens me, to think that both Israelis and Palestinians have to die in order for these people ( and I use the term loosely) can feel like heroes and champions of Islam. It's even sadder that they fail to realize this, themselves

Related News Links:
today.reuters .com
today.reuters .com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NEWS: Abbas: Militants Face "Iron Fist"
NEWS: Israeli Cabinet Backs Barrier Plan

[edit on 7/15/2005 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
"Even so, it saddens me, to think that both Israelis and Palestinians have to die in order for these people ( an I use the term loosely) can feel like heroes and champions of Islam. It's even sadder that they fail to realise this, themself."

But Levi and Irgun are praised by the Israeli Government, so really what is the difference? A group who was willing to Allie with Nazi Germany against Britain while the "Final Solution" was being conducted upon the Jewish people, that then joined the IDF and ISF and broke the U.N. Resolution (181) that gave them that land in the first place.

Israel agreed that Jerusalem would be a shared City and under the Control of the United Nations Task Force in 1947, they then broke that agreement the day that the British forces left the area which sparked these problems. Even the Muslim Nations didn't agree with the Resolution they still up-held their end of the aggreement till Israel broke theirs.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Odium, totally agreed.

The Palestinian government has taken responibilty of their problems and is trying to fix them, Israel needs to do the same insteading of building an illegal wall and do they still have those laws in place that prevents Israel men/women from marrying Palenstinia men/women?

[edit on 15-7-2005 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
not 100% sure however, I will ask the people I know in Israel but last I checked they still existed. They also "segregate" the Education system, etc, etc.

That Nation is filled with problems and the attacks are not them and that's from first hand experience.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

do they still have those laws in place that prevents Israel men/women from marrying Palenstinia men/women?

There is no such law in Israel, infinite.

Under present law, the State of Israel has no provision for civil marriages.
Couples (yes, Israeli citizen) who wish to be married in a civil ceremony must travel abroad to do so, Israel recognizes such marriages contracted abroad..

However, couples who wish to be married in Israel must be married in a religious ceremony by a recognized clergyman.

Rebekka

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
and, Riwka under which God do the have to get married if it is a Religious Ceremony?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Rebekka,

i swear i watched a BBC special that covered that law *thinks*, but seeings your are in Israel my dear girl, ill take your word for it

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The Declaration of the Establishment of the State of Israel (1948) guarantees freedom of religion for all.

Each religious community is free, by law and in practice, to exercise its faith, to observe its holidays and weekly day of rest and to administer its internal affairs.

Each has its own religious council and courts, recognized by law and with jurisdiction over all religious affairs and matters of personal status such as marriage and divorce

Rebekka

PS: But You are running offtopic.......

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
WE DECLARE that, with effect from the moment of the termination of the Mandate being tonight, the eve of Sabbath, the 6th Iyar, 5708 (15th May, 1948), until the establishment of the elected, regular authorities of the State in accordance with the Constitution which shall be adopted by the Elected Constituent Assembly not later than the 1st October 1948, the People's Council shall act as a Provisional Council of State, and its executive organ, the People's Administration, shall be the Provisional Government of the Jewish State, to be called "Israel".

THE STATE OF ISRAEL will be open for Jewish immigration and for the Ingathering of the Exiles; it will foster the development of the country for the benefit of all its inhabitants; it will be based on freedom, justice and peace as envisaged by the prophets of Israel; it will ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex; it will guarantee freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture; it will safeguard the Holy Places of all religions; and it will be faithful to the principles of the Charter of the United Nations.

THE STATE OF ISRAEL will be ready to cooperate with the organs and representatives of the United Nations in the implementation of the Resolution of the Assembly of November 29, 1947, and will take steps to bring about the Economic Union over the whole of Palestine.

It also uses the term "Jewish State" 5 times in the copy I have access to. Bit odd if it grants Freedom of Religion, don't you think? Also what about those that have no Religion? They can't get married since it would be a Civil Ceremony?

Also the whole of "Palestine"? What if the other parts of Palestine do not wish to go by their economic policy?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

swear i watched a BBC special that covered that law

You could mean a different law:

Israel does not permit Palestinian partners of Israeli citizens to reside in Israel. This law forces Palestinian citizens of Israel who want to live with spouses or family members from the Territories to move to the Territories.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Israel does not permit Palestinian partners of Israeli citizens to reside in Israel. This law forces Palestinian citizens of Israel who want to live with spouses or family members from the Territories to move to the Territories.

Thats abit unfair,
dont you think?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
God bless segregation!

Don't you just love it, infinite?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
ermmm....its about extreme....to think, i think its extremely unfair to be honest

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Infinite,
maybe you are uninformed or simply an racist...
Maybe you should read the Dutch and Denmark's immigration law and than speak about the israeli one...As long as I know for the past 25 year 400 000 palestinians from the West Bank and Gaza Strip have found they way to be israeli citizens,thanks to marrieges(buying a girl is not a rare practice)...In Denmark for example,is forbidden to dennish citizens to marry foreigners before age of 25...now this is simply rediculous,because 85% of the dens don't marry before age of 26.5...so this law is only for muslims...What a racist state is Denmark!!!
But like most other people for you and Odium the jews are the "problem" and the "only" one...

[edit on 16-7-2005 by ZMax]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Israel agreed that Jerusalem would be a shared City and under the Control of the United Nations Task Force in 1947, they then broke that agreement .......

During the Camp David talks with Bill Clinton, Israel offered the P.A.
massive concessions and even offered half of Jerusalem, but Arafat
refused to sign saying that the P.A. wouldn't agree to anything less
than ALL of Jerusalem.

This all could have been over a decade ago, but Arafat and the P.A.
didn't really want peace. IF there is peace, then they are out of
business.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZMax
...In Denmark for example,is forbidden to dennish citizens to marry foreigners before age of 25...now this is simply rediculous,because 85% of the dens don't marry before age of 26.5...so this law is only for muslims...What a racist state is Denmark!!!...
[edit on 16-7-2005 by ZMax]

never knew that, interesting...but i wonder whats so racist about that...it applies to all danes...and danes can still marry danes

what happens if you are < 25 and get married to a foreigner overseas? would the marriage be recognised?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Fugger,
what happens when you are less than 25 years old and you have married foreign national,he can't receive dannish citizenship,so he can only visit you with permission from the Danish FM for 3 months,than must ask for new tourist visa,and than again...just like in Israel...What a shock!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   

But like most other people for you and Odium the jews are the "problem" and the "only" one...

Did i say anything about jews?....NO

So i cant say anything critical of Israel? i cant call their security illegal, even the UN states it is, does that make the UN racists? French government is critical of Israel, are the French racist? the numerous jewish groups who speak out against Israel and Zionism, are they racist too?

i have many friends who are jewish, some very close, so i doubt i am a racist or Anti-Semitic

As for Odium, ive known him for about a year now i think, he has never said anything racist on this board and nore have i.

[edit on 16-7-2005 by infinite]

[edit on 16-7-2005 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Of course, the media and education in America hasn't helped, but history shows that you can go baack 700 years, and you see that there is no such thing as "Palestinian" people. There are no "occupied lands". Those we think of as Palestinians were nomads, and didn't care a whit about Isreal until the Jewish people settled there. Even then, they had no interest until the Isrealies spent much time, energy and money to transform the land, and started growing grapefruit the size of basketballs.
The "Palestinians" are nothing more than cannon fodder for the Arabs. The Palestinians started four wars with Isreal, and lost every one of them. So, even if you believe in a Palestinian land, it is not occupied, it is conquered land, and so the Palestinians have no basis in fact to claim the land is theirs.

The much vaunted (and corrupt) U.N. started this mess in '47, by establishing the "Palestinian" presence that close to Isreal. What Clinton offered Arafat was 98% of what Arafat wanted, and he refused and, in fact, did not even make the offer known to the Palestinian people. This is a good example of what the Palestinians want: An Isreali (person A) and a Palestinian (person B) are having a conversation.. A: I will give you 25% of my earnings, and my car; B: OK, I will gladly accept those things, but I want you dead. A: OK, I will also give you a job where I work, and also one of my daughters; B: I will most gladly accept that, but I still want you dead..... Does anyone see the point here? nothing will be enough for those in charge, and for most people of "Palestine" because they have been taught for generations that their land has been stolen.... and that they hate the Jews.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hmm… just like Theodore Herzl himself - using the guise of racism and/or anti-Semitism to defend a policy which otherwise would be criticised by all. It’s the greatest way to protect Israel from external interference by making out that anyone who can see problems and criticise the Nation for them is a racist.

But now let’s bother to look at the word itself racist, if you believe me to be racist then I must believe there is a genetic difference between myself and my Native America/Russian origin and that of someone with Jewish descent but you yourself must also believe there is a genetic difference otherwise the term bigot should be used. So do you believe there is a genetic difference between me and you? Because I don’t and are you sure you’re not forcing your beliefs towards me when you claim such things?

Furthermore, look at who I criticised did I say anything about the Jewish people as a race (which doesn’t exist), Jewish people by their Religion or the Government of Israel - which by its own constitution can’t be a Jewish state if it believes in Freedom of Religion or it can’t believe in Freedom of Religion and can be a Jewish state.

Now also, do I think the Jews are a problem? No.
Do I have a problem with Religion? Yes.
Do I have a problem with human beings for believing in a Religion? No.
Do I have a problem with those who wish to believe they are superior than others due to their Religion? Yes!

Now, on to FlyersFan and his point - did you ever bother to wonder why they didn’t want half of Jerusalem? Well in the deal they were not offered the parts which they think are religious - the parts they wish to use and visit and also the Israeli authority already agreed in 1947 to not have control of any part of Jerusalem. So in reality they were gaining nothing of importance but only land - which is not what they wanted.

Zappafan1, there were people living their when Irgun and Levi begin to bomb buildings. There were Arabs living in Jerusalum and the surrounding City, they were not a nomadic travelling people at all unless you are talking about the original 12 tribes and the 10 lost tribes? Most of which have been located in Africa, China and Japan - The Lemba and Chiang-Min of West Szechuan for example.

However, can we move away from your blanket un-factual accusations or are you going to keep accusing me of racism? God bless the whole Deny Ignorance motto at the top of the site.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join