It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former employee talks about A51 on radio and gets cut off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I found this on Limewire and after googling some of what he says, it turns out it's from Art Bell in '97 I think.

I've put the transcript and the mp3 on this website.
xthost.info...

Art's radio network engineer later reported that the network's communication satellite lost 50 channels (including Art's feed) at that moment, possibly due to a "lost earth sensor" (so it no longer pointed to the earth station).

Art reported that the telephone conversation continued off the air for about a minute, when the caller "screamed" and "screeched" and the telephone connection went dead. Art also reported that his Web site registered 5 million hits just after the outage.

Later, a Tucson caller who he said worked for Hughes (which Art said supplies microwave systems to Area 51) reported that his computer memory and electronic watch were zapped at the same time that the broadcast went dead, and suggested both events may have been caused by a cloud-reflected EMP (electromagnetic pulse, which are created by nuclear explosions or by special EMP generator).

Taken from: users.rcn.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This is very old and has been posted before. It's a hoax. There was a giant thread about it back in the day. It received lots of replies. People posted vocal graphs that showed whether or not the caller was actually crying over the phone or acting. I can't remember what they showed, but it doesn't matter as the caller contacted Art and explained that it was a joke. Close thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
But in the time that the line went dead, who's to say he didn't get hypnotized to ring back up and say it was a lie? What if it wasn't the same person?

It didn't sound like he was lying, he sounded like he was in lots of stress. If it was a hoax why would the radio lose signal?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
But in the time that the line went dead, who's to say he didn't get hypnotized to ring back up and say it was a lie? What if it wasn't the same person?

It didn't sound like he was lying, he sounded like he was in lots of stress. If it was a hoax why would the radio lose signal?

There is this little thing called publicity.........and it seems to work.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

When Bell came back on the air, he reported that the caller had screamed in what Bell took to be genuine terror or fright, before the line was disconnected. This scream was not broadcast to listeners, as it apparently occurred after the disconnect.

Wait, so the guy called up after 7 weeks to say it was a hoax?
7 weeks??!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The call happaned Sept 11 '97, but the confession was at April 28, '98.
Don't you think that's a bit long?
He sounds truley scared and worried. If someone can fake a cry like that they should be in movies.

Maybe the way they are getting rid of some of the population is through the hurricanes or tsunamis?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Yeah I don't see how if it was a hoax he could knock them off the air. Well that is really strange, this is the first time I've heard this and it's.. weird. This happened a while back though, so what are some things that have happened that have wiped people out?

Yeah tsunamis, 9/11, War.

Hmph, cool.

Kinda reminds me about how Titor says around 3,000,000 will die. Maybe these nukes getting into the U.S. are not trying to be stopped. I dont know.

[edit on 7/16/2005 by xxblackoctoberxx]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Did Art mention anything about the 5000 hits and the station being hit off the air when the guy said it was a hoax?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
At the end of the MP3, is that a clip from another radiostation also affected by the fault, or was it the same guy re-iterating what had happened?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
sorry already a topic on this, See www.abovetopsecret.com...

please add comments to the link given

Thread closed.

Asala

new topics

top topics

join