It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worst they can do.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I have recently became interested in Poltergeists and things along those lines. If these types of things do exists, and I am still entirety sceptical, then what is the worst these things can do is. I know they can move things around and such. maybe make a few noises but do they have the actual power to inflict harm. If these things do exist, and have the power to move objects do they also have the power to inflict harm on individuals.

I have also read that is unwise to challenge these spirits to show what they can do because they are an unknown quantity, and challenging them may provoke them into showing their full potential but how bad can this really be. Do you think it is possible to go from a few footsteps, bangs and possibly a few moving objects to actual physical harm.

A few of the articles i have read have talked about them taking a particular dislike to one individual only and all the events surrounding them.

if anyone has more info on this it would be much appreciated

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
They seem to be connected to puberty; it's incredibly rare to hear of poltergeist activity if there are no teens present.

"While still not much is known about the way that poltergeist work the investigations have uncovered a link between the agents and states of poor mental or physical health. Emotional problems associated with agent personalities are anxiety, hysteria, anger, obsessions, phobias and schizophrenia. In some cases with psychological help to relieve the emotional tensions the poltergeist energies diminish and disappear"

(From this site - just note that there are no references to any studies/investigations mentioned.)

The typical poltergeist disturbance usually revolves around one individual, often a young girl entering puberty or with an emotional or psychological stress. The poltergeist uses this person to transmit and transform their paranormal energy to move objects and oftentimes cause damage or harm to people and items around them.

Some more info:

Obligatory Wikipedia link

And obligatory skeptic link

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well said Tinkleflower,

As I have read, if you provoke a polturguist, then it was told to do great physical harm to you, and when you sleep, it either keeps you awake, or haunts your dreams in some fasion or other. Not only attack you, but also any living being inside that house. And if you move, it is even (though rare) reported that some polturguist follow you to whatever house you go to; making some type of goal to torment the person to death or insanity, whichever comes first.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
yes very interesting. The more i read about this the more i think that some things are just byond us. If it is caused by supernatural forces then it is something that most of us just cannot understand. If it is the human body resulting in these things happening then it is also far beyone what science can explain atthis moment in time.

I am also starting to find articles about people admiting that these are faked. so if these things are infact happening then have any been caught on camera. i have see a coupel of things on tv but these could be faked. I have been watching the DVD of "Most haunted" i think it is from the discovery channel or omething like that. if any of you have seen it then u will know they go to the most ghaunted locations in the uk and seem to have captures some plotergeist activity. if this was real it should be conclusive proof thast such things exist but i cant help thinking these has been a bit of manipulation going on.

Is it possible to comunicate with these forces (presuming they are something other than in the mind) ot try and find out more about them or challange them like the do on "most haunted" because it seems to me that it is extreamly foolish to challenge something you cannot see and have no idea of its true power to prove its existance to you or show u want it can do.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
As far as I know, much like has already been said here, there is a very real possibilty of physical harm! I would advise that you try and have the least contact possible! There is not much to be gained from an encounter of this type save the experience of something paranormal! There are other experiences of the paranormal type far more interesting, rewarding and safe!!

If you don't mind me asking, what were you intending on doing? Do you know of any poltergeist activity near you? If you do then I would recommend getting a priest in to do the dirty work and THAT would be the experience of a lifetime if you were to be a witness!!!

Good luck on your search but stay safe!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Poltergeists have reputedly thrown any number of objects around.
Bricks, knives and people.
To the best of my knowledge there has never been a death recorded as part of a poltergiest activity.
But many victims have had bloody scratches and welts appear on their bodies that spell out words.
A quick google search will give you plenty of examples, but quite a few are hoaxed, others have not been properly investigated.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
ghosts can not harm you physically. sure they throw stuff but never hard enough to actually do damage. that said...uhm...they could move a very big piece of wood or rock that is lying high and lose and you happen to walk underneath it. but chances of that are slim and only if you really piss them off.

other thing they can do, if you don't have a shield and/or a weak guardian....they can temporarily posess your body. but then they'll just be talking rubbish or walking around a bit.

most harm that people have gotten is due to fear. they walk back and forgot that their is a staircase for excample.

other then that...never had a problem with them myself. i just beat em up on the astral plain and then drag em to a place they can't hurt anyone anymore.

[edit on 15-7-2005 by Enyalius]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kupios

If you don't mind me asking, what were you intending on doing? Do you know of any poltergeist activity near you? If you do then I would recommend getting a priest in to do the dirty work and THAT would be the experience of a lifetime if you were to be a witness!!!

Good luck on your search but stay safe!

I do know of some but to be honest it rather freaks me out. i have never seen any happen but if i did im quite sure that i wouldnt hang about to see the end.

The activity i know about has never really been anything big but just the people who live in the house swear blind they have seen things fall off of desks, tables and have actualy seen a door open all on its own, with little or no possibility of the wind causing this. The odd thing is there is a young teenage girls in the house although to the best of my knowledge she has not had emotional or psychological stress of any great deal in here life so far. Nor does it seem to revolve arround her. There has been no instance of physical harm agaisnt any of the ocupants.

I would like to see something first hand because i am still skeptical on such things actualybeing possible. Although i know if i did i would not have the guts to stick arround and see what else it had in store..

There seems to be conflicting advice everywhere about what to do in these types of cases. some say to challange it and say you are not scared of it. some say this will just result in it being even worse. The family themself is not really scared of these goings on because they have never actualy been given any reason to fear this entity but it is very interesting to think that there may be something there trying to comunicate, good or bad.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
"go to most haunted locations"

I agree. Went to the Winchester House and shot a 160 photos. Although
shot during the day, some very interesting results............

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by manta
I have recently became interested in Poltergeists and things along those lines. If these types of things do exists, and I am still entirety skeptical, then what is the worst these things can do is. I know they can move things around and such. maybe make a few noises but do they have the actual power to inflict harm. If these things do exist, and have the power to move objects do they also have the power to inflict harm on individuals.

I have also read that is unwise to challenge these spirits to show what they can do because they are an unknown quantity, and challenging them may provoke them into showing their full potential but how bad can this really be. Do you think it is possible to go from a few footsteps, bangs and possibly a few moving objects to actual physical harm.

A few of the articles i have read have talked about them taking a particular dislike to one individual only and all the events surrounding them.

if anyone has more info on this it would be much appreciated

Manta,

The parapsychological community is limited in their understanding of discarnate phenomenon because they have to quantify everything with physical sensing equipment. However, the best sensing equipment is oneself.

As a spiritual medium and progressive mystic of many years, I have had many discarnate demonic attacks. But the major attacks or major abuse was not and is not caused by a single individual in the Spirit; they are caused by hundreds, thousands, even millions of discarnates that are combined into Group Entities for the sake of power.

The most common form of astral attack is a nightmare. Contrary to the Freudian paradigm, when we go to sleep at night, our brains do not conjure up dreams for us. Instead, we simply become more receptive to the messages and telepathic influence of those on the Other Side who are in our vicinity.

There used to be a television show called Sightings. On one of the episodes they went to a house where there were reports of a poltergeist or spirit that abused people. One of the things which happened is scratch marks on their skin. They even filmed the scratch marks manifesting on the stomach and chest of someone right before the camera. I have had these scratch marks done to me (possibly on the back also); it is no big deal, as it is really more a scare tactic than anything else. You can't die from scratch marks and/or welts!

The one thing that Group Entities generally DO NOT want to do, is kill someone. Why? Because they have to deal with the RAGE of that soul DIRECTLY in the discarnate dimensions. Instead, they prefer to try to cultivate an atmosphere of fear.

Berate them. Tell them (truthfully) that they are too weak spiritually to be able to manifest telekinesis without being part of a Group Entity. Tell them (truthfully) that they are primitive souls of weak emotional natures that COWER and HIDE in their collective.

Make fun of them. Let them feel your emotions. Try not to yell and damage your vocal chords. They can hear your intense thoughts and feelings even if you were to use heated whispers. They cannot avoid hearing them unless they leave.

I live in a house that has had -- and still does -- lots of telekinetic activity that many would say is poltergeist related. But we don't have any teenagers living here. So that blows that theory in parapsychology as far as I am concerned. I remember sitting in the kitchen with a close relative and both of us heard vitamins rattling inside their closed bottles in the cabinet. Other times, chairs would be moved on the first floor when someone was in the basement. Again, no big deal.

People on the Other Side get off on getting noteworthy attention from people on This Side. They combine their spirits into a Group Entity and use that energy to manifest telekinesis. If it were all that easy for individual spirits to manifest telekinesis, then you would have things floating and flying around in most homes, most of the time. So they work in Group Entities.

I once had a Group Entity play with my television. Turning it on and off, changing the channels, etc.

Finally I had had enough.

So what did I do?

I mooned them.

The problem amended itself immediately.

[edit on 15-7-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I have heard of them throwing things at people and hurting them, but I dunno. I suppose the worst that it could do is kill you and turn you into a ghost as well, and fight you face-to-face in the afterlife

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Do you think it is possible to go from a few footsteps, bangs and possibly a few moving objects to actual physical harm.

Check into the "Heartland Ghost" case (Sightings)

The Sightings crew captured the dad getting scratched seemingly by nothing, on camera...(and badly scratched at that). Oops, see that someone mentioned that... Oh well, hehe...

I live in a house that has had -- and still does -- lots of telekinetic activity that many would say is poltergeist related. But we don't have any teenagers living here. So that blows that theory in parapsychology as far as I am concerned.

Well, for that particular case. The amount of Poltergeist cases that ARE linked to a child though, are staggering, and once identified, in many cases the activity ceased. The problem likely lies in labelling, as both kinds of cases are called "Poltergeists". They are two clearly different phenomena....

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Agreed, Gaz - one opposing example doth not a theory bloweth

As it was said, most poltergeist reports occur when there is indeed a teen/tween present; there will be exceptions to this (and any) theory.

It would probably help if we were to define clearly what is considered poltergeist activity, and what is considered another form of telekinetic energy, and the reasoning behind such definitions.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Check into the "Heartland Ghost" case (Sightings)

The Sightings crew captured the dad getting scratched seemingly by nothing, on camera...(and badly scratched at that). Oops, see that someone mentioned that... Oh well, hehe...

Thanks for bringing up the name (Heartland Ghost) from Sightings that I was referring to.

Scatches and welts can be frightening but are not life threatening.

Orignally posted by Paul_Richard
I live in a house that has had -- and still does -- lots of telekinetic activity that many would say is poltergeist related. But we don't have any teenagers living here. So that blows that theory in parapsychology as far as I am concerned.

Originally posted by Gazrok
Well, for that particular case. The amount of Poltergeist cases that ARE linked to a child though, are staggering, and once identified, in many cases the activity ceased. The problem likely lies in labelling, as both kinds of cases are called "Poltergeists". They are two clearly different phenomena....

The telekinetic activity at my house, minus a child or teenager, didn't and doesn't constitute just one incident, but many over the course of decades. So yes, it does provide evidence contrary to the traditional paradigm of understanding on this issue.

In my opinion and experience, the reason why there is so much poltergeist activity around teenagers -- usually female teenagers -- is because they are simply the preferred medium of Group Entities. Teenage women are more receptive and more influenced by Spirit than are teenage boys.

[edit on 15-7-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

top topics

join