It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOMB BLAST in Baghdad- U.N. HQ hit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Something to consider... this was a major terrorist attack on a high profile Peace Keeping Operation thru the UN...tho it is an attack on the Iraqis as well and will hamper reconstruction processes...something to also notice...such a high profile attack will bring the Patriot Act to the forefront..it will bring fear of attack on home ground..and will, in my opinion push passage of the updates.

In Iraq, it is sad that so many have to die...but it also seems that with the UN out of the way, for the time being, that it leaves the whole peacekeeping and rebuilding operation in American hands once again...leaves the US calling the shots as they have been since the war was declaired over...etc.

Yes...it is terrorists...but the question is...who is paying them to do what they are doing...the obvious answers are out there...but sometimes...in rare cases...the obvious is not the answer....everything happens for a reason...coincidences...are few and far between....and all that is happening seems very well planned out....

~Oracle

[Edited on 19-8-2003 by Oracle]

[Edited on 19-8-2003 by Oracle]

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a total of 14 bodies were counted and the UN cheif is dead, but no 1 claims respondsibility.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think we are in for it folks... I have NO EVIDENCE to back this up but my "gut feeling" is the terrorists have rallied and they are striking up the band...

This IS going to ugly before it gets any better...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Just watched the video on msnbc.com, pretty scary stuff.
Don't watch it if you can't handle blood.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Wow. That video is scary. Nice find.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Good find on the video, what a tragedy!!!!!!

Unfortunately just based on the recent pattern of attacks and events covered by the media, I expect that there will be more to come, particularly on US mainland before the end of this month. Its important for all of us to remain alert and report anything that is out of the ordinary.

Keep an eye on our leaders. If the government has advanced notice of anything, they will move the leaders first. Are any of them in Washington right now?

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
the death toll is at 20.

here are 2 things that seem interesting.
" L. Paul Bremer, the U.S. administrator in Baghdad, said that Viera de Mello, a 55-year-old Brazilian, may have been the target of the bomb, which went off almost directly under the window of his office. His chief of staff, who was not immediately identified, also was killed, U.N. officials said."
and
" Initial reports from the scene suggested that the driver rammed the explosives-laden truck into the hotel�s lobby, but two witnesses said a cement truck exploded at a concrete wall outside the hotel."
www.msnbc.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Well here's that latest from what I'm hearing

-20 people are dead including Mello and his chief of staff/100 injured
-Witnesses claim a cement mixer truck rammed the security gate and then exploded when it got within 10 ft of the UN building.
-NO One has claimed responsibility

There's also been a suicide bombing in Jerusalem
-20 people are dead so far/80 injured
-Bomber detonated himself onboard a crowded bus with women and children
-Hamas has claimed responsibility and said it was in retaliation because Israelis killed a high ranking Hamas figure last week.

This is certainly a day of sorrow....

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I wonder if the attack on the U.N was to scare off our allies in the Iraq theatre?

Think about it, the U.N. vehemently OPPOSED the U.S. regime change in Iraq. Why would they attack the U.N.?

Other than the OBVIOUS fact that they are INSANE, INHUMAN SCUM it has to be to send a message to the rest of the world.

PEACE...
m...

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I believe we will be in for more attacks now. I also believe we will be heading into a "black" september. Suicide attacks on Irael will incase, plus attacks in Iraq. UK will see a Major attack and the US will see a minor attack, but the media will make it out to be a major attack on US. This could lead to WWIII. Today is the start of something big, lets hope i am wrong.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I agree, but if the Patriot Act gets pushed down even harder, that sucks a lot more for us than the terrorists.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Springer,

I wonder...

I wonder if the attack on the U.N was to scare off our allies in the Iraq theatre?

Think about it, the U.N. vehemently OPPOSED the U.S. regime change in Iraq. Why would they attack the U.N.?

Other than the OBVIOUS fact that they are INSANE, INHUMAN SCUM it has to be to send a message to the rest of the world.

PEACE...
m...

Don't you wonder where all of the appologists have gone since this happened? You know, the "They have no choice but to use suicide bombers bla bla bla" crowd?
Funny that they bitch and moan that we need to heed the UN, and now thier precious UN is the target and all I hear is crickets.
Just an observation

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I REALLY DO hope you are wrong but I fear you are correct... There is a feeling I get of a rythm that has begun.

Pop over here, bang over there, keeping our attention scattered. I hope your nation (and my ancestral home I might add) does NOT ever have to go through the hell you all went through in WWII again.

If these bastards attack the U.K. I guarentee you we will go to the fire with our British Brothers and Sisters.

PEACE...
m...

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Wow you people are frickin paranoid.

What's to say it wasn't 3 unemployed Iraqi postal workers who decided to do this? A bunch of people are crowing Al Qaeda? What? Al Qaeda is probably dancing in the streets, recruitment is probably through the roof ever since the US illegally invaded and occupied a Muslim country. Why would they attack the UN when the UN opposed the war in the first place and was there to distribute food and help with the aftermath? They may be insane fundamentalists but don't assume they're idiots.

Terrorist organizations with an AGENDA claim responsibility for their actions almost before the dust settles. Nobody claimed responsibility for this yet, and it's been a while...

I'd imagine it was some sort of lunatics trying to do something against the occupation, but I'm stumped. I can't see how anyone can benefit. A water pipe or oil pump blown up at least makes the US look a little bad (though not really, of course, since it's Iraqis who suffer), but the UN has been helping Iraq for many years and I'm sure every Iraqi knows someone who had gotten food from them at one time or another in the last 14 years.

Like most suicide attacks, it's senseless and barbaric, but I want to know WHY. Someone doesn't blow themselves up on a whim, do they? Wouldn't they have some sort of plan as to how their evil act will benefit their buddies or something?

This is gonna take some diggin', I think.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Our troops are well-versed in Urban warfare

Wrong. The British army is, but not us. That is something military officers have bemoaned for quite some time. Many important aspects of military training have been neglected. Our boys and girls are sitting ducks.

But seriously people. A suicide bombing on the UN? The vast majority of deaths Iraqi civilians? Cummon people. Major head in Un bites the dust. Hm.............

Its not a question of wo drove the truck, who ordred the whole thing? Whats going on??

Bremer said this attack would galvanize support for the coalition. A very desirable outcome for those who rigged the war in the first place.

So who paid the suicide bomber to drive truck into UN building in Bagdad? August is only halfway over.whats next?

Black September, infinite? A very interesting insight.

All I know is that # is getting awfully insane........

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Wow you people are frickin paranoid.

No no no, just concerned, putting puzzle pieces together.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

But seriously people. A suicide bombing on the UN? The vast majority of deaths Iraqi civilians? Cummon people. Major head in Un bites the dust. Hm.............

Its not a question of wo drove the truck, who ordred the whole thing? Whats going on??

Bremer said this attack would galvanize support for the coalition. A very desirable outcome for those who rigged the war in the first place.

So who paid the suicide bomber to drive truck into UN building in Bagdad? August is only halfway over.whats next?

Black September, infinite? A very interesting insight.

All I know is that # is getting awfully insane........

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this idea.
It's almost too convenient.
What's going on elsewhere in the world while attention is on the UN bombing?

-B.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Sh!t happens when you mess with and lie about wrong people..

UN is as guilty as US to the war in Iraq.. Stupid mofos think that they can get away with anything..

WRONG!!! *Kabooooooooooooooooom!!!*

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Uninen...take the blue pill.....

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Uninen...take the blue pill.....

regards
seekerof

I dont do drugs.. as far as i know blue pills are EXTACY.. So no thanks..

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by Uninen]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join