It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is sick....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The British National Party has been condemned for using a photograph of the bombed Number 30 bus on a leaflet for an upcoming by-election.

The picture is on the cover of a leaflet printed for Thursday's council by-election in Barking, east London.

The leaflet also features the slogan: "Maybe now it's time to start listening to the BNP."

The leader of the Conservatives in London, Bob Neill, called it "disgraceful and sick".

www.sky.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It is though getting them the "press"
It is dispictable and if I were a family member of one of those killed or injured on that bus, I would certainly be taking these idiots to task for their decidedly heartless use of this tragedy to further their own ends.
Unfortunately, my being an american any word that I send them would be disregarded but it did nto stop me from sending them a piece of my mind.
You can to all you need to do is send an email to [email protected]
Maybe if enough people take umbrage to this, they will listen (doubtful though).
Take a look at what their site has to say:

LONDON EMERGENCY : BNP response
As the death toll in the Islamic terror attack on London continues to rise, BNP writers and spokesmen on this website have repeatedly called for calm, but also for more than the shallow soundbites and liberal wishful thinking that passes for political debate and policy proposals among the old parties.
The London Massacre has tragically brought home to the entire country the terrible price ordinary people are now having to pay for the combination of the failed multi-cultural experiment, doubled up with Tony Blair's decision to involve Britain in a war that had nothing to do with us. The first step in finding a solution to any problem is to get the the roots of that problem.
While the politicians of all the other parties repeat the empty soundbites of the Government's BBC lie machine, the British National Party explains the truth about Islamic terrorism, lays out the things that must be done to beat it, and continues to cover other important issues that might otherwise pass unnoticed as New Labour once again makes use of tragedy to "bury bad news."

Nice way of furthering their goals
British National Party

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well it's nothing but what I'd expect from that crowd.

They'll take any and everything to (ab)use to try and further their aims.

Total scummy low-life.

(thankfully enough people know it too)

[edit on 12-7-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The BNP make me sick nuff said

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
The BNP make me sick nuff said

sick ain't it?

I wasnt suprised that the BNP has tried to use this to boost their support, friggin' sick

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Sick?

Nah, I find the BNP funny at best they're so simple with their views I can't help but laugh - worse thign yet, about 1000 people in my area voted for them.

Back last election I also got a visit from one of them, guy about 6'6, ex-Royal Marine Commando, army tattoo on the arm, skin-head and his friend asking me if I was going to vote BNP. :|

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Maybe this is what the BNP intends to do to every bus with a Muslim on it if or when they ever get in power.
Maybe they are using the picture as a secret code for their next plan.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Sick? Oh yeah. No different here, hey Bush used 9/11 pictures in his campaign comercials.

They are all sick

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhiannon1968
Sick? Oh yeah. No different here, hey Bush used 9/11 pictures in his campaign comercials.

They are all sick

Excellent point, Rhiannon!

It's simple exploitation.

And it's pretty despicable.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It didn't do them the slightest good.
This happened yesterday.

The British National Party, which used images of the bombed London bus on a leaflet, has failed to gain a council seat at a by-election.
Labour held the Becontree seat in the east London borough of Barking and Dagenham with a majority of nearly 800.

The BNP used a photograph of the bus with the caption, "maybe it's time to start listening to the BNP" .

In another by-election in the borough last month the BNP lost its only council representation in London.

The winning candidate, Alok Agrawal, said after the result: "It was very sad using a national tragedy in order to try and gain votes."

'Massively rejected'

"They thought people were fools. They thought people would fall into a trap.

"But the voters have massively rejected them. They have told the BNP 'We don't want you in Barking and Dagenham'
."

news.bbc.co.uk...

If it wasn't such a disgustingly sordid episode one might even laugh at the BNP over this.

So much for the worries over the 'advance of the BNP', huh?

Sadly these people will probably always be about the margins of British political life but thankfully there is absolutely zero sign of them making any serious in-roads into the real British 'body politic'.

[edit on 15-7-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

new topics

top topics

join