It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Major Blast at shopping centre in Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There has been a major blast in an Israeli shopping centre. This was a suicide bomber which killed atleast two others and injuring around 30 others.

www.sky.com

A suicide bomber has attacked a shopping centre in Israel, killing himself and two others.

Around 30 people were also injured, two seriously, by the explosion in the coastal town of Netanya.

The suicide attack was just 30 minutes after a car bomb in a Jewish settlement near by.

Police believe the two explosions are linked and the latter has been claimed by a unit of militant group Islamic Jihad, a suspected member of which has been arrested.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't know if I'm paying more attention becasue of London, but are things suddenly getting worse?

[edit on 12-7-2005 by John bull 1]

[edit on 13-7-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The Spanish were attacked by ETA today

seems this world is getting very bloody

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
CNN reporting one causualty and thirty injured.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
How awfull!

Initial reports said the bomb went off just before 7 p.m. at the entrance to the mall. However, Israel radio stations said the bomber struck at a nearby intersection.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.

link

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There's also another possible attack that took place in the Shavei Shomrom settlement, but they're not sure if it was an attack or an accident last I read.

What I want to know is, where's the outrage? Why does the ATSNN article on the London bombings have over 6 pages of comments on it while children being blown up in Israel only warrents 3 comments? I found this Op-Ed written by an Israeli-American who lost a child in a suicide bombing in Israel really interesting, and well thought out:

But None Ever Cried For Me

It was then that I began to shiver. I shivered not from the cold wind in July, but rather from the sudden realization that I and they are not chess pieces in the same game. The shiver rose from within, from the deep recesses of my heart. Sudden realization? No. It was a shiver brought on not by realization, but of affirmation.

In the words spoken by these politicians I hear affirmation that my child's blood, a Jewish child's blood, is of a different color. I shivered as I heard London's mayor, Livingstone, lamented that this was "mass murder... by terrorists bent on indiscriminate... slaughter... aimed at ordinary working-class Londoners...." and an ugly thought entered my mind.

Apparently Jewish blood is of a different color. Even if you look at the 3 major American news websites, MSNBC, FoxNews and CNN, there's little mention of the suicide bombing. I can't even find the story on Fox News. Why is it mass murder when Londoners are killed, or Americans are killed, but ok for Israeli children to be blown up?

YNet News is reporting 2 casualties now, as is CNN

www.ynetnews.com...

[edit on 7-12-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The Palestinian Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility for the attack and identified the bomber as Ahmed Abu-Khalil from the village of Atil.

And why, you may ask, was the bomber named? Why, because the families get compensated by Iran and Syria. Saddam used to pay the families of suicide...Strike that. Saddam used to pay the families of homicide bombers $1,000,000 for blowing themselves up, too, but America fixed that.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
JJ
I believe the figure was 10,000 dollars, not 1 million, though I've also heard 25,000 as a figure being tossed around.

1 million is stretching it a bit.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
1 mil is what I heard, but I don't recall the source or how I heard it, so it is definately in question. Either way, America fixed that financer of terrorism.

EDIT: Rather, America led the charge to fix that financer of terrorism. Quite a few other nations helped out and charged with us. Awfully arrogant of me to say it was America alone.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Apparently Jewish blood is of a different color. Even if you look at the 3 major American news websites, MSNBC, FoxNews and CNN, there's little mention of the suicide bombing. I can't even find the story on Fox News. Why is it mass murder when Londoners are killed, or Americans are killed, but ok for Israeli children to be blown up?

It was on Fox News and the BBC satarting at more than 4 hours ago.
There was another blast in Lebanon today that killed 2 people but I didn't see that one on the news. I may have just missed it.

Here's the link to the Lebanon bombing:
Reut ers

BTW, no one said this was OK. It's just a much lower casualty count than the London bombing and it happens with greater frequency in Israel so the amount of attention is not as great when there is a new incident. Just like the 48 people killed in Iraq yesterday or the day before didn't get that much attention.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by AceOfBase]

xu

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
the world is already a bloody place, almost every day car bombs explode in iraq with averaging 40 deaths each.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Infinite says -

Getting bloody? Where have you been holed up? It seems more a matter of whose blood gets reported in your news media, grabs your attention, and triggers your indignation than of matters "getting (more) bloody" than they have been for some years now. Some us are just lucky to have been insulated from a more direct experience of it.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
Infinite says -

Getting bloody? Where have you been holed up?

I believe I know what infinite is saying. The increase of bloodshed worldwide is reminding me of 30-40 years ago. Not pleasant times. We had a little down time, at least in the West, for a few years.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

no one said this was OK. It's just a much lower casualty count than the London bombing and it happens with greater frequency in Israel so the amount of attention is not as great when there is a new incident. Just like the 48 people killed in Iraq yesterday or the day before didn't get that much attention.

Yet it takes a western nation to get attacked in this manner to get all the worlds leaders together in agreement that terrorism is bad. When it happens in Israel, leaders are silent. When it comes to Israel, America has a double standard: Well, when we get attacked, we destroy a nation. When you get attacked, just pick up the pieces and move on with your lives. Oh, and be sure to release the terrorists, too. When Iraq is attacked, that is just a casualty of war, or it's America's fault the terrorists are targetting Iraqi civilians (apparently it was much better when Saddam did this "leagally").

Israel is the bastard child of England that no one wants to recognise is fighting the exact same battle against terrorism we are. The only difference is they know who and where their enemy is, yet they're told to do nothing about it. I'm sure if Israel retaliates, it will be all over the news. Pro-Israeli bias indeed.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
junglejake I deplore any terrorism and my heart has gone out on many occasions to the civilains killed in Isreal....I say that meaning it.... however theres compassion and reality...and I do know my history and equally deplore some of the Israel governments actions... This has always troubled me..... why would the Race/Nation of the Earth who know soo much about the horrors of Rascism, Opression and indiscriminate murder of civilians also carry out such acts Herself? Now I am not trying to draw any parrellels with the treatment of palastinians and arabs in general by Israel and those of the Nazi's and the Jewish race.... However there is documented proof of this happening.... Oh of course you get no publicity about your plight.... I reply I feel that maybe rather than the truth not being known by some who may read this and listen to your less than realistic and not Biased but Blind faith view that I will give some publicity to a chronological list of factual events for years deploring Israels acts by the International community.... however of course America bankrolls Israel lets not mention Aid in the G8 as all our aid goes to Isreal we cant afford .7% gdp to the starving of th world when israel
needs new tanks to bulldooze those civilians. So lets look at that first to give us a flavour of the international political/financial backround to Israel....
Some Facts

A third difference is the sheer amount of aid the U.S. gives to Israel, unparalleled in the history of U.S. foreign policy. Israel usually receives roughly one third of the entire foreign aid budget, despite the fact that Israel comprises less than .001 of the world¹s population and already has one of the world's higher per capita incomes.

PS

In other words, Israel, a country of approximately 6 million people, is currently receiving more U.S. aid than all of Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean combined when you take out Egypt and Colombia.

You hear that the world was united in total G8 but couldnt do it cos bush would have to explain to the american people that they give Aid already

yeah of course you have no help your people nation of the world? many countries fought and many many of our, other nations men women and children died to destroy the Evil that was our common enemy.
well now many many countries dont fight you but implore you, using their pens and swords.

Chronological Events of the United Nations and Israel (edit only palestine)

Security Council Resolution 262 Nov 22nd 1962
Generally accepted by the international community as the primary legal basis for a negotiated settlement of the Israeli-Palestinian question, this resolution calls on Israel to relinquish control of territories occupied in the war of 1967.

Security Council Resolution 338 Oct22nd 1973
Reinforces the call for the above

Security Council Resolution 446 Mar 22nd 1979
Council finds that "determines that the policy and practices of Israel in establishing settlements in the Palestinian and other Arab territories occupied since 1967 have no legal validity and constitute a serious obstruction to achieving a comprehensive, just and lasting peace in the Middle East"

Security Council Resolution 726 Dec18th 1992
Calls for the halt by Israle to the forced deportation of the palastinians from their homes.

Security Council Resolution 1322 Oct 7th 2000
The Un security council and the entire world (except the USA theres a surprise!) now condemn the treatment of Palestinain Civilians and call on Israel to ABIDE BY ITS LEGAL OBLIGATIONS UNDER THE 1949 FOURTH GENEVA CONVENTION ON THE PROTECTION OF CIVILIANS IN THE TIME OF WAR!

Security Council Resolution 1397 Mar12th 2002
Trying to draw the two sides together to create a two state israel and calls for a return to the negoitiating table

Security Council Resolution 1515 Nov19th 2003
The Security Council unanimously passed this Russian-authored resolution that endorses the road map for peace in the Middle East and re-affirms the commitment to actualize a two-state solution

I am very pleased about the last one! lets hope it works... but while theres extremists on both sides who just talk the talk not reality or the facts I sadly doubt it.

So you get no attenton for the terrible atrocities in israel now?

well again lets look at some facts....

Tibet
at least 1 Million killed in direct genocide acts since 1950 and the PLA invaded however around looking at their population size that is a massive figure.... no allies to protect those peacefull monks an nuns (at least 1 in 10 of the population pre invasion) Their rich and amazing cultue was desimated.... many many teachings and linaeges going back centuries wiped out. Genocide and the subjegation of a nation is still taking place now 55 years later. The number of those who starved when all of the countries monastries (the community focal point and wharehouse) were destroyed and bombed is unquantifiable as the lack of census or effective civil monitoring in the country... Some reliable estimates put the figure at

35 MILLION ! not genocide directly no... but the chinese knew when they destroyed the food stores that you dont live in climate by Everest very well all winter with no food.

No one talks about that on the news.... no memorials or compassion there..... now I know it dosnt relate to terrorist actions but its scale is immense and many many people have no clu it ever happened or s still..... then theres Darfur... genocide has taken place there until the last month or two (new peace talks look good...I just hope that its real and that the ceasefire is in place... for civilians too) complete and utter mass murder and rape and pilaging.... like the Israel situation with palestine the UN has called on security members to act but they allow it to happen... no interests there.... so you see yes these things are bad.... but a lot worse is happening now for much of humanity than either the bus bombings in London or Israel... if we were to look and watch the truth...as in the real numbers ...so the more/higher the more coverage on the Main News...well many people would have to learn names for places they didnt even know existed and everyone knows Israel exists! (not literaly!)

and at the end of the day as many of the sane unbiased population members of the western world wanted and cried for before these bombings distracted everyones attention from the real news.... and its not the London Bombing or Israel bombings... but why are 30,000 children dying today for 0.25 cents? for a shot or water?

Lets look at the facts above.... Israel gets more aid from the USA than all of Africa (where most of those 30,000 die) and lots of other places...

but hey hows that Aid made up?

40% Civilian and 60% Military.... mmm

According to the American-Israeli Cooperative Enterprise (AICE), from 1949-2001 the U.S. has given Israel a total of $94,966,300,000. The direct and indirect aid from this year should put the total U.S. aid to Israel since 1949 at over one hundred billion dollars. What is not widely known, however, is that most of this aid violates American laws. The Arms Export Control Act stipulates that US-supplied weapons be used only for "legitimate self-defense."

ORG (non bias)

It just goes on and on.

Be angry and upset if you feel it from your perception of the world in relation to you... but please see and understand the truth.... really if you dont do that you may end up as blinkered and extremist as those you now see as your enemies.

MischeviouslyDefendingReality

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Israel is the bastard child of England that no one wants to recognise is fighting the exact same battle against terrorism we are. The only difference is they know who and where their enemy is, yet they're told to do nothing about it. I'm sure if Israel retaliates, it will be all over the news. Pro-Israeli bias indeed.

I resent that, it is so not our bastard child. They broke the first U.N. resolution we helped to back detailing the creation of Israel in 1947, Resolution 181 which stated that Jerusalem would have no armed presence by any Government, except the United Nations Police Force. This was broken by Levi/Irgun the day that the British moved from that land and is one of the most important facts of recent history which does not often get spoken of.

This Resolution although not backed by the Arabian Governments at the time, they did agree to it till Irgun did not disarm and of course this started the first of many wars within the region.

and in reality, if we should not give into Terrorism, we should have never have given in to Irgun and Levi.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
MischeviousElf, I recognize there are attrocities taking place all over the world. Unfortunately, or fortunately, for me, I never get to hear or read about them because, as you said, they don't get reported on, mainstream or blogger news. That's why I like ATS, people like you expose us to specific issues instead of the broad concept of attrocities taking place. When it's specific, it has a lot more impact. When you're told "bad things are going on elsewhere", it doesn't really hold much water. What's really sad is that areas where there is no strategic resource the western world can use don't have people even worthy of making the news when they're slaughtered by some petty warlord to inspire fear in his people. They're less important as humans because they were born on land that's not filled with rotten vegitation (aka oil).

They broke the first U.N. resolution we helped to back detailing the creation of Israel in 1947, Resolution 181 which stated that Jerusalem would have no armed presence by any Government, except the United Nations Police Force.

You're right, Odium, it does not often get spoken of; I'd never even heard that before. I'm going to have to look into that a bit more, because it does sound like Israel began the conflict in that area. However, that is still no excuse for taking your future, strapping a bomb onto it and sending him into a mall with the intent to blow up as many Jews as he possibly can, ending his own life at the same time.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Jake, it's simple. Israel is attacked so often that one more attack is not surprising to anyone.
London being attacked happens so rarely nowadays that it catches our attention.

That's just how the human mind works, I'm afraid.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Rumsfeld: Iran Could be Behind the Isreal Blast

"I wouldn't want to suggest that I know about the attack today, but clearly that's been one of the stated and continuous purposes of Iran, to harm Israel," said Rumsfeld, speaking at a press conference with his Italian counterpart Antonio Martino.

"We know that Iran has been on the terrorist list. We know that Iran has been assisting Hezbollah and other organizations and moving equipment and people down through Damascus into Beirut and down into positions where they can attack Israel for years and years and years and years," he said.

Yea Sure Mister Rumsfeld.

I bet Iran just doesnt have any other Job but to look for more Trouble in Isreal.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Oh dear

Looks like the "evidence" and pretext for a war with Iran is getting built up now.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

I bet Iran just doesnt have any other Job but to look for more Trouble in Isreal.

The Palestinian Islamic Jihad is a Palestinian terrorist organization whose radical Islamic ideology combines religious fanaticism with nationalist radicalism.

The organization greatly depends upon outside elements:

Syria allows the Palestinian Islamic Jihad headquarters to operate on its territory and guide terrorist activity in the Palestinian Authority administered territories, while

Iran , the organization's primary benefactor, provides it with financial aid and uses it as leverage for escalating terrorism in the Palestinian Authority administered territories.

Rebekka

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join