It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London bombs of "military origin"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It seems that the bombs that killed over 50 Londoners and injured hundreds more are supposedly of “military origin”. According to Christophe Chaboud.

"The explosives appear to be of military origin, which is very worrying," said Christophe Chaboud, head of the French Anti-Terrorism Coordination Unit and one of five top officials sent by Paris to London immediately after Thursday's attacks.

"We're more used to cells making home-made explosives with chemicals. How did they get them?" he said in an interview with Le Monde newspaper.

"Either by trafficking, for example, in the Balkans, or they had someone on the inside who enabled them to get them out of a military establishment."

Source

Chaboud went on to say that the bombs were about 10 lbs of "high explosives" and small enough to be hidden in a back-pack, as opposed to the 22 lbs homemade bombs of the madrid bombings.

now to be fair;

a senior London police spokesman said the explosives were still being examined and there was no confirmation that they were military in origin.

An interesting development.
If it is true this will defiantly play into the Idea that the shadow gov. is behind this. Military type explosives do not just get stolen/go missing without someone knowing, and if they do then what the heck do we have intelligence organizations for?

what do you think?

Military inadequacy?
or
Shady conspiracy?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
well we aleady know that the military were in the area that morning as they were spotted by a tv crew on the roof of a building but they had vanished before they could turn the cameras on and film them there.

but i guess they can always spin it as al-quedas new disguise...

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I have heard far more reports that they were crude bombs, easily built by any street thug.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This does not rule out Al Qaeda in any way shape or form. They all sorts of access to military style explosives

link   
The bombs are either military or commerical according to the metropolton police. The chances are, if its miltary, the explosives have been smuggled into this country..somehow

link   
please post said reports....
the link above is from today. so...

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
This does not rule out Al Qaeda in any way shape or form. They all sorts of access to military style explosives

how do you know this?

If they do, then shame on said military.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
EDIT: Woops, sorry wrong thread.

[edit on 11/7/05 by Hunting Veritas]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ive been glued to the news channels since thursday and met police have only stated it could be military or commerical

from your post

a senior London police spokesman said the explosives were still being examined and there was no confirmation that they were military in origin.

Nothing has been cofirmed,

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halfofone

how do you know this?

If they do, then shame on said military.

None of know actually "know" anything regarding this attack. But Al Qeada regularly use sophisticated equipment.

I cant find the article, but earlier today read they buy from places in Serbia. Ill keep looking for it.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
never said it was confirmed,

I did say 'supposedly of “military origin”'

what I'm asking is IF it is a military explosive do you belive it is a military mistake (a big one) or a back door deal.

it hasn't been comfirmed that the terrorist were islamic and we are talking about it as if is a given. I think the head of the French Anti-Terrorism Coordination Unit, is a little more credible than a "claim" on the internet from some yet unknown group.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
350tons of explosives missing in Irak Never hear of it again since it was known to be missing..

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Some eastern militaries that need money and have poor security it wouldn't be hard for Al Qeada to or a terrorist origination to buy the materials needed from those militaries, and sneak it into Britain.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
195 metric tons of HMX
141 metric tons of RDX
5.8 metric tons of PETN
Would the military use this material??

If so. Then it could very well be the people who stole the explosives.

Who are most likely suspects in stealing this stuff??

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
well we aleady know that the military were in the area that morning as they were spotted by a tv crew on the roof of a building but they had vanished before they could turn the cameras on and film them there.

but i guess they can always spin it as al-quedas new disguise...

Can you provide any links that prove this or at least back it up, as it is quite a heavy statement to make without any backup?
We can all make rash statements like that but to do so without proper evidence is irresposible as it can easily lead people to start to think along a train of thought without any just cause.

And does anyone here actually think that when explosives go missing that the general public, the press or even the police are on the list of people to be notified?

They can could have been smuggled in the same way kilos of coc aine, cannabis resin, heroin, etc etc are every day, it's really no different I assure you.

Anyone that thinks that things don't go missing and anyone that is so arrogant to actually believe that they would know about it really needs to get a reality check, sorry.

EDIT:

I'd just like to add that I don't recall anyone saying that it was British military explosive, and even if they did I'd love to know how they differentiate between different militaries.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

None of know actually "know" anything regarding this attack. But Al Qeada regularly use sophisticated equipment.

I never suggested that this counts out Al Qaeda, I assume they could very well get these weapons, but how? Could these weapons be traced back to the original owners/producers. how did they change hands?

New answers beget new questions.
Just trying to keep people awake.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halfofone

I never suggested that this counts out Al Qaeda, I assume they could very well get these weapons, but how? Could these weapons be traced back to the original owners/producers. how did they change hands?

New answers beget new questions.
Just trying to keep people awake.

I provided a link to the "how they (probably) got these explosives" above. It's a massive amount what went missing. And makes you wonder why they never took it away when they knew it was there.

Edit: Added (probably)

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Cygnific]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Can you provide any links that prove this or at least back it up, as it is quite a heavy statement to make without any backup?

heres one - www.abovetopsecret.com...
hopefully someone would have filmed that section from cnn

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
195 metric tons of HMX
141 metric tons of RDX
5.8 metric tons of PETN

Those are plastic explosives originally used by the military. It's not THAT hard to find someone willing to sell them on the black market. Just about any arms dealer would be able to get the types, if not those numbers. And there are some commercial explosives that are similar to military that could cause confusion about which they were.

"HMX, or high melting point explosive, is one the more powerful high explosives used by militaries around the world today. On this site you will find information about the HMX molecule, its history and discovery, and some of its more important uses."

"RDX forms the base for a number of common military explosives: Composition A (wax-coated, granular explosive consisting of RDX and plasticizing wax), composition A5 (mixed with 1.5% stearic acid), composition B (castable mixtures of RDX and TNT), composition C (a plastic demolition explosive consisting of RDX, other explosives, and plasticizers), composition D, HBX (castable mixtures of RDX, TNT, powdered aluminium, and D-2 wax with calcium chloride), H-6, Cyclotol and C4."

"PETN is one of the strongest known high explosives. It is more sensitive to shock or friction than TNT or tetryl, and it is never used alone as a booster. It is primarily used in booster and bursting charges of small caliber ammunition, in upper charges of detonators in some land mines and shells, and as the explosive core of primacord."

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hunting Veritas
195 metric tons of HMX
141 metric tons of RDX
5.8 metric tons of PETN

If so. Then it could very well be the people who stole the explosives.

Who are most likely suspects in stealing this stuff??

uhhhh - YEAH! RDX is a primary explosive - HMX a high explosive. PETN is basically a high-temp stable explosive...which means they took what they grabbed.

EDIT IN: You can't just run out and gets these. Especially HMX and PETN.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by Valhall]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join