It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever notice that the best UFO sightings never look like Flying Saucers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The first big modern UFO case was Kenneth Arnold’s in 1947 and because he described the craft he saw as "they flew like a saucer would if you
skipped it across the water." People began calling UFO's flying saucers. But what Arnold described didn't look anything like a flying saucer.

This is a picture of what he described:

And the famous Roswell Crash is often touted as a crashed saucer but when you look at this Testors model based on Roswell eyewitness accounts you see it's not a saucer either:

These things look like real aircraft/spacecraft. Like something we might build now..but could we build them then? And if not who did? But these are not flying saucers and it seems like every time I see a UFO picture/video/description with any credibility they never look like flying saucers. They look like advanced air/spacecraft like these.

[edit on 8-7-2005 by Delta 38]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Light on an object plays the biggest factor in people thinking an object is a different shape. Objects can almost appear to be shape shifting, but its only light and shadows.

You can imagine if someone saw a stealth bomber flying before they knew about them. It doesnt look like a normal plane, and the way light shines on it, makes it even weirder.

Notice how any image in this thread would look in side profile, not from above etc.

It would appear to look like a saucer in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
A little more info on the Horton craft/glider.

Investigation revealed to this writer that the Horton Ho IX was a highly advanced (for the time) flying wing type of craft, which actually had Stealth, radar-invisibilty, some 50 years ahead of its time. This craft was known to be unstable, however, and documentably flew with a distinct skipping motion.

Source:
www.ctie.monash.edu.au...

More Nazi Aircraft:
web.ukonline.co.uk...

The Gotha Go 229 [Wingless] (Created by the Horton brothers)

[edit on 7/8/2005 by Logical_Psycho]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Some great pictures there.

I think the term 'flying saucers' just shows how far we have had to come on this subject. From the beginning it has just been difficult for the average person to grasp.

And it is not like we can just study and learn, no we have to wade through fakes, disinfo, and a bunch of other things which just make a murky subject that more cloudy. I have heard stories of people on a serious research trail who finally discover what they have been tracking is USAF.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Yep I noticed in '02 when I had an encounter with a BOL .

IMO a probe , ( AI or Remotely controled ) of non-Earthly origins.

Lots of Witness accounts of these working in concert with other crafts.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Scary resemblances to Nazi aircraft there!! Makes you wonder if we really did beat them.......

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
We're not speakin' German, now are we?

And the famous Roswell Crash is often touted as a crashed saucer but when you look at this Testors model based on Roswell eyewitness accounts you see it's not a saucer either:

The witnesses describing this shape have largely been discredited (i.e. Ragsdale, that bunch)... The military OFFICIALLY stated a "disc" in their press release, and other witnesses (military personnel, fire dept personnel, etc.) have described a saucer-like shape for the recovered disc.

Arnold's sighting and depiction are correct, the "flying saucer" term was indeed more because of HOW they flew, not what they looked like.

The Nazi plane has been discussed before. As I recall, it's a rear view, and that prototype is missing the wings that it actually had originally.....

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

?? or maybe a plazma orb??

~~~~~~~~

oh, as a sidebar, re. this 'signature' item you display

if you'd do some sleuthing,
you too may entertain the notion,
that Tony Smith might have a connection with the character
we know as Titor....hmmmm?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I get the feeling sometimes that the "flying saucer" has been pushed in our faces so much, that maybe it is a way of throwing us off track of the real stuff that could be getting built and tested right now.
Any time i come across a supposed real U.F.O photo, a lot of the times it is far from a saucer, like the pics shown already in this thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by lost_shaman

?? or maybe a plazma orb??

~~~~~~~~

oh, as a sidebar, re. this 'signature' item you display

if you'd do some sleuthing,
you too may entertain the notion,
that Tony Smith might have a connection with the character
we know as Titor....hmmmm?

Thanks for noticing my "Laughing man ".

You know that "Plasma Orbs" don't exist in nature right ?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Your second picture is a model re-creation of a forensic sketch of the craft found in Sorocco, NM /47.
Which purports to be the craft with the three EBEs. The bottom is described as hexigonal honey comb constuction a piece of which was forwarded to L Howe in appx /95 which proved to be contructed of micron layers of Bismuth, followed by Magnesium. Both metals of varying thickness as the layers progress.

Some suspect the craft collided with Brazils pasture stuff near Roswell. It was also mention the craft in your picture had damage to the port wing and sutained a 'cracked porthole'. From memory, it's dim size was 12'W x 25' in length.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The Nazi plane has been discussed before. As I recall, it's a rear view, and that prototype is missing the wings that it actually had originally.....

Yep, here's the front view:

The sign reads:
"Single seat German fighter-bomber. This aircraft was being readied for flight test when WWII ended in Europe. Powered by two Jumo 004 engines (see Me 262 and Ar234). It was expected to reach 607 mph at 39,000 feet and have a range of nearly 1200 nm."

Here's a document I found awhile ago:
www.project1947.com...

After extensive tests, the Horten IX was accepted by the German Air
Force as represented by Goering, who ordered immediate mass production. The
first order went to Gothaer Waggon Fabrik, located in Gotha (Thuringia) in
January 1945. Goering requested that ten planes be built immediately and that
the entire factory was to concentrate and be converted to the production of
the Horten IX.

Not sure if the document is legit.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hi everyone, this is my first post.

Yes. The Roswell craft has been described in many different ways. Early reports stated it as being a 'disk' shape or 'heel' shape whereas in more detailed descriptions (Like 'The Day After Roswell') the craft was said to be 'delta' shaped or 'winged'.

One quetion though..

Can anyone tell me how big the craft was reported to be?
I've heard anything from 30 feet to 100 feet

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Hey Spreadthetruth

I would advise doing a search on the site, there is lot of Roswell discussion, someone has even posted scans of the original daily newspaper in Roswell reporting the crash.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Actually, some of the best sightings on record involve saucer shaped craft.

Several sightings by military pilots, scientists, and other reliable sources describe disc shaped craft.

And some of the best photographic evidence depicts hese shapes.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
plus not to mention the Fact i saw with my own very eyeballs a UFO shaped exactly like a Disk - Saucer

it was totally a perfect circle

it spun as it flew by; made no sounds
i saw it up pretty close as i could see the details of it
it looked like a "wheel" from the bible descriptions
it had "spokes" or grooves that separated each segment

basically it was a circle with lines on it; coming from the center to the outer edge
i drew a crappy pic of it here

anyways
UFOs Do appear in saucer shape
in fact ive never seen anything else
Only the metallic Disk-saucer

man ive reported this story on ATS a million times and i dont think anyone ever listened to me or even noticed what the heck im talking about

I SAW A DISK
Your theorys are just theory hello
i saw it with my own eyes!
i dont have a theory i have a MEMORY
big big differance....

anyways my best sighting Was a Disk
go figure

this photo shows an almost exact replica of What i saw in odessa texas 1998-1999

edit wrong picture-fixed

[edit on 9-7-2005 by muzzleflash]

new topics

top topics

join