It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 19 and Cheshire Airstrip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
How come the only picture of Area 19 is the one that's on this website? I'm trying to find others but no success. Same with Cheshire Airstrip, I've seen some pictures of a road that is in a different place in two different satellite pictures but I lost the link.

Can someone supply a google map link of Area 19 and Cheshire Airstrip? I know you can't see the airstrip but does anyone have a google map link of the location?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Is it like are 51 or...?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Erm, no, I don't think so. Area 19 is part of NTS.
Here.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
There are a few sites on Area 19. Here are a few:

NTS-Area 19

Here is the origional of the Cheshire Air Strip:

Cheshire Airstrip

Area 19 is one of the mysteries of what is officially called the Nellis Air Force Range Complex. Over the years, I have done some of my own research into this facility. While there are many different schools of thought on the purpose of this base, my oppinion is that the high voltage power lines suggest that the base might be linked to top secret Laser Weapons research that spun off from President Reagan's Star Wars (SDI) Project. It is known that the USAF and Defense Department still are reseaching laser weapons, but it's not as open and public as it was during the 1980's when SDI was going on. My guess is that they moved the most advance laser technology from SDI to a secret underground research facility to continue the development. I personally think that Area 19 is being used for.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Yeah ghost, and they seem to be the links that I come across time after time, but no pictures of the airstrip and only one picture of Area 19 is all I get.
Still good information though.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Yeah ghost, and they seem to be the links that I come across time after time, but no pictures of the airstrip and only one picture of Area 19 is all I get.
Still good information though.

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here, but give me a few moments! I have a theory about this that comes from the story of the Cheshire Airstrip. Let's assume the story/report of a runway that appears out of nowhere are true:

We know for a fact that in some places, the sun has baked the desert floor untill it has a cement-like consistency. If the ground inside of Area 19 was of this consistency, might it not be possible to land a lighter aircraft on the desert surface without actually having a paved runway?

As for the runway appering from nowhere, Could the runway marking be projected onto the ground,maybe a hologram of some kind?

If the Base/Area is an underground research center, and planes don't need to land there often, Might they be able to get away without a paved runway? I remember reading about a forward operation air base during World War 2, where they landed fighters and small transports on dirt strips in European feilds. This also assumes that the facility isn't very big, but who knows?

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

[edit on 12-7-2005 by ghost]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I recently had a bunch of time off work, so I started following roads around the entire installation, and, found somethings I couldnt explain. Here a links to someof them.
sun maps.google.ca...,-116.867945&spn=0.003425,0.005035&t=k&hl=en

just up from here is a large target with towers in 3 rings
maps.google.ca...,-116.236725&spn=0.054794,0.080561&t=k&hl=en

looks like an airstrip on the left, the large grey circle with radiation symbol on it, then the double black diamonds above it, then double rings in the center......?
maps.google.ca...,-116.729736&spn=0.027397,0.040280&t=k&hl=en

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Air craft in WW2 were all recip. props. The can land on dirt or grass with out dammage and were built rugged enuff to do so in most cases. The desert floors that I have see were rocky, although be it not to hard. Once you drove a truck over them you saw the dirt that was just below the rocks. I do not see a moders air craft makeing a landing on something like that with the exception of direct lift air craft.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Vaas,
Great map links, thanks! That big brown range with what could be an air strip on the right looks quite interesting. Almost like a crop circle in the desert, haha.
With all those wierd formations I would think it must have different uses. Or that would be my guess.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I think I remember reading somewhere that they just used sprinklers to wet the runway, thus making it look darker than the surrounding sun.

I will post the link whenI can find it.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
does anyone have a theory what these "sites" are used for?

in particular the 3 pics linked by Vass

anyone have a clue WTF this stuff is for?

what the heck is that "Sun" thing anyways?

WEIRD!

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Muzzle,
I just looks like some sort of ordance range to me. The shapes might look apealing to people who what to start a conspircy theory or something, but that is my guess.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
When I check the coordinates of the pics Vass has linked I cannot find the five pointed star.
I checked Google earth and found a triangle with five concentric circles in it.

Are they changing the patterns to confuse people?

btw is this the point where the high voltage line ends?

MB5

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The 'star' shape appears to be a replica of a Sa-2 Guideline missile battery.

www.fas.org...

Here's one in Cuba in 1962.

www.gwu.edu...

Presumably the one in the US is there for training purposes.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Your making too much of this airfield...Cheshire Airstrip. It's to close to a public road to merit any secret operations. Granted it is a mystery...nice asphalt runway in the middle of nowhere.

There is a location that should garner much more interest.

x

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ghost

i heard this story from online (i forget what website). it goes like this - the guy whos website it was said he owns a small plane. him nd this other guy were flying over area 19 when they started experienceing engine trouble. they radioed 4 help nd were able 2 contact nts. they told them that they can use that chestire airstrip or w/e its called just to land nd refuel nd evrything. the airstrip is just an area of dirt dryed 2 cement hard nd when they were ready 2 land, sprinklers came on, marking the airstrip with the wet dirt.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

i heard on this other website that area 19 is a completly underground facility with several stories 2 it. 1st - the nts owned a laser lab sorta thing underground(which explains the power line) and there was an explosion and is currently inactive. 2nd - the area is used as an underground testing facility for nuclear weapons after atmosphiric testing was banned (which explaing the distance from las vegas but the problem is i found out there arent many nuclear blasts occuring in area 19. online, i found the report of a retired nts worker saying how they knew hardly ny thing about the area except that workers were ALWAYS constantly digging underground which would explain the nuclear blasts but if these blasts were used for digging instead of testing, y would the nts try 2 cover it up? what are they digging for? how deep IS area 19? it might just be nothing but if it really is SOMETHING, dont u think w/ all of the technology the nts allegedly possesses they try a little harder 2 cover it up? like an underground powerline or something...idk

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by xUnDeAdxSoLd1eRx

Hi Muzzleflash,

I wouldn't read too much in to the nuclear testing theory. If indeed underground nuclear tests are being conducted down there the whole world would know about it. The UN monitors nuclear testing and seismology stations the world round would detect any testing instantly.

Therefore, as one of your source's statements was totally false, I wouldn't believe the rest of their testamony.

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stratsys-sws

I've heard from more than one reliable source that Area 19 is not used much for underground nuclear tests, but instead that they spend lots of time drilling. Why, I don't know.

As for underground nuclear tests, well, you can actually see high-voltage power lines that go into the heart of Area 19 all the way from Hightway 95 on Google Earth -- and end in the middle of nowhere. Furthermore, there are a series of large cables that can be seen, just lying on the ground. There are no buildings that can be seen. Near the area where the powerlines stop, it looks like you can just barely make out a camouflaged airplane.

I have no doubt whatsoever that there is an underground facility here. If you ever take a tour of the NTS, you can ask them to go anywhere on the site -- that is, except Area 19. They'll just say something like the roads are completely unmaintained (never mind that you can see that they are paved) or make up some other excuse.

If you ask me, there is something very, very peculiar about this part of the NTS, and it's clear that LANL and/or the Department of Energy is hiding something here.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Holy crap this must have been like my first ever thread.

top topics

join