It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was Behind London Explosions?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I really, really doubt it's the French.
They would be on the bottom of my list of suspects.

I think it was Al-Qaeda or an Al-Qaeda wanna be group.

Or maybe Karl Rove to get the heat off of the CIA disclosue accusation :p

[edit on 7-7-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta
was france behind the bombings in london today after they were a bit pissed off at london getting the games

the french secret service have blown up greenpeace before so could they also be behind this
?

*title edit*

[edit on 7-7-2005 by dbates]

Ahhhh, why worry about it....just nuke 'em till they glow, and shoot 'em in the dark anyway.....

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Historically, Irish terrorists have supplied a recognised code word within a warning prior to any attacks they have carried out...I think.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
As of now, the British government is not holding anyone responsible at the moment. They are hinting to the fact that it is a work of Islamic terrorists.

So, to the really die hard conspiracy freaks, the CIA, the Mossad, French, Nazis, Bulsheviks, and Romans had nothing to do with this attack. You can jump up and down and say it is so, but that doesnt make it happen.

Bush did not stage this attack to gain British or world support. The French did not attack because they are pissed about the Olympics, the Nazis, Bulsheviks, and Romans are all gone, or not related to terrorism.

Seriously, some of you need to get a hobby or something.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
WissNX01
if the authorities don't know who it was then how can you know who it wasn't?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Because there is no way they are going to conclude it was any other than Al Qaeda.

And lets not forget this mystery group "Al Qaeda in Europe' claimed responsibility.

[edit on 05/7/7 by WissNX01]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
From all news reports I have seen in the past the people in Great Britain have been against this war in Iraq and have come out in the streets to protest. Now wonder how they feel now? Will this attack whip them into a frenzy of hatred and hunger for the blood of someone? Will it make them support the war on terrorism?

Another thing isn't one of the things people complain about in London that there are security cameras everywheres, at least I think I recall hearing this. If this is true how could an attack take place without someone noticing, I am assuming of course that bombs are rather large and bulky, the kind of package that draws attention.

Now I am wondering if there were instances where certain parts of the tube were closed at certain times of the day for maintenance recently.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I don't think it was the IRA. The Irish Republican's Army has been dismantled. Originally, (early 1900's) it actually stood against genuine British oppression. Nowadays, that oppression has been lifted, and it has been taken over from the original leaders.

I had family in the IRA. They are no longer members because now it is a terrorist group, it used to be fighting oppression. They won most of that oppression away, and now it only stands for thugs and murderers.

-wD

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
There's about as much chance of it being France as it is being Peru. I mean the French and British have been competing for hundreds of years and it's never come to petty terrorism.

I doubt it's state sponsored terrorism by Iran either. Its amazing how FOX news just immiediately jumped to that conclusion, trying to drum up support for a war. Something needs to be...done about that channel. It needs to be "removed".

The question I've been asking is if these attacks are in response to the G8 summit in Scotland or the Olympic announcement yesterday. Maybe both?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The IRA almost alwasy give warining before seting off their bombs. My dad did a couple of tours in ireland and spent a long time waiting for bombs to go off after receiving the warnings and evacuating everyone. so this makes it nearly impossible for it to be them.

The most probable explanation is that it is muslim extreamists

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The idea the french would do something like this is absurd, especially over something as trivial as the olympics.

Oh and the 777/666 thing is used in Linux based systems for file permissions.
777 is the ultimate permission to have and the interpretation is correct in the terms of computing. Funny actually, never looked at it like that before!
Wonder why they got those numbers..

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

Oh and the 777/666 thing is used in Linux based systems for file permissions.
777 is the ultimate permission to have and the interpretation is correct in the terms of computing. Funny actually, never looked at it like that before!
Wonder why they got those numbers..

Linux??? Thats a computer system right? How would that be relevant to all of this? Ultimate permission sounds quite bad, such as, attack, you need to get these I.D. cards and be at our control.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I live in birmingham uk and the police presence was amazing today..they were everywere ,kinda scary cus i wondered if theyed herd nefin about summat about to happen in birmingham?? but as nothing happened allday i think it was justa precortionary matter...

but im not gonna be goin near the city for a while , better safe than sorry!!

.peace.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If they bombed us cause we got the Olympics then we better not be getting Eurovision again.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
My gut feeling is it wasn't a terrorist attack, they have had years to attack London but haven't. The MO of the operation does not fit in with the suicidal tendencies of true terrorists either. This was a planned operation by someone wanting to keep the fear of terrorism alive in Britain, i think its the same people who did the Madrid bombings.
I don't know who is behind it but it could be financed by someone in the arms trade who sees spending on arms and wars to stop said terrorists is highly profitable.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
no doubt the same methods use by the Al Qaeda.

comparison of the timelines for the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks in New York and Washington, and Thursday's bombings in London. Times listed are local; London is five hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Time.

Sept. 11, 2001

8:46 a.m. — Flight 11 hits the World Trade Center's north tower.

9:03 a.m. — Flight 175 crashes into the south tower of the World Trade Center.

9:37 a.m. — Flight 77 hits the Pentagon.

10:03 a.m. — United 93 crashes in Pennsylvania, 125 miles from Washington.

July 7, 2005

8:51 a.m. — London Underground train explodes 100 yards into a tunnel near the financial district.

8:56 a.m. — Explosion near the King's Cross station in north London.

9:17 a.m. — Explosion near Edgware Road station.

9:47 a.m. — Double-decker bus explodes near Tavistock Square.

it looks like they trying to attack wen there is a rush to work. just like every morning in weekdays where people are trying to get to work and its crowded.

news.yahoo.com... /explosions_us_britain;_ylt=Au7nN7kn2EOWFY3MCouDPles0NUE;_ylu=X3o'___'A2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If I were a betting man I'd say it was a group of sexually repressed, uneducated males within the 20-35 year old demographic who follow one of the Abrahamic faiths starting with the letter 'I'.

Just a thought...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I was at the bank today around 4pm EDT, and Fox was on the TV falling all over itself trying to pin it on AQ and connect it to Iraq. It was so blatant, they went to the guy at the Pentagon and he said they weren't sure who was responsible, but he mentioned AQ like six times in a 90 second report. Subliminal, or what? Then they cut to some stuffed shirt analyst who went straight to how these same people had just cut off the head of the Egyptian envoy in Iraq today, after shooting up the Pakistani and Bahrainian diplomats just a day (or days) ago. It makes me sick how the right-wing media jumps on these stories of destruction and human misery to further their own agendas. It also makes me suspect ultra conservative right-wing factions are to blame, and the spin doctors are hard at work trying to deflect attention. Who has the most to gain from the bombings in London today? That is the first question we all need to ask ourselves. With the GEIGHT (of hell) working on an enviro-protocol, Gonzales being bandied about for SCJ, and things going to hell in a hand-basket in Iraq (al-Amok) and Afghanistan (al-Opiate), who has the most at stake in the world right now? Do you think they aren't aware of it in advance, and willing to do anything to further their cause? I smell another inside job.

May God bless and keep those killed, and may the healing power of the Holy Spirit come to the injured, and the famiilies of those lost, in their hour of need.

Now, I'm really freaking because I went back to the War on Terrorism forum and saw I was the 911th view, and on July 3rd I posted this in another thread I'll link to in my next post-

I had another vivid dream the night before last, the kind where you wake up for a little bit, then fall back to sleep and take up right where you left off in the dream. I haven't had a string of vivid dreams like this in years, since just before my surgeries in 2001. Its kind of freaking me out because the last time this happened, I had my first surgery the evening of Sept. 10, 2001, and woke up the next day to 9/11, and felt like I was connected somehow to what was happening.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Here's the link I referred to above.

Another Vivid Dream

Somebody please pinch me, hard.

The first thing I thought when I heard yesterday that London had won the bid for the 2012 Olympics was 'London is going to be bombed'.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The French? Why not blame the Canadians, or the Mexicans, or the fairies and pixies?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join