It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take to unite the world?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Davood
uniting people via religion is going to be catastrophic because there will be elements that dont agree, and their "God" will make them kill the other elements. Have you guys seen the pharmacratic inquisition?

www.pharmacratic-inquisition.com...

its a little whacky but it gets the point accross. religions are all fabrications, but they did have a purpose at one time, and thats the pursuit of honor and respect among your fellow humans, that idealism is lost on reality though, because people use religion for all sorts of silly things.

without going too off topic here, religions are holding us back right now. and thats only a 65 meg download shouldnt be too painful to grab ;o

People will not be united by religion. The elements of agreement between religions has nothing to do with Christ's return. It will not matter if the hindu or buddhist does not agree. The day of judgement will come and the one and only true God will say " I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Jhn 14:6. It's unfortunate for the unbeliever no matter what the religion. If you haven't accepted Christ as your personal savior and lived a righteous life it doesn't matter what God you did or didn't worship. You will not ever enter heavens gates.

True most religion is corrupt. Do to mans evil desires and nothing else.

The only thing that religion is holding us back from is having a real relationship with Christ. Again. Mans evil desires.

As far as the "pharmacratic inquisition" Enough Said ! We all need to update our religious studies.

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

www.equip.org...

www.christianitytoday.com...

Religion and Christianity are two differnt subjects. Lets not get this confused.

If you like to challenge the bible and christianity it's a great help to look at some christian apologetics sites such as these to challenge your own mind. It's amazing how many preconceived ideas that we have had in the past about christianity and the bible and they have now easily been refuted when actually doing the research in the greek and the hebrew. It's easy to believe negative propaganda about christianity or anything else for the matter. But until you have taken the time to honestly search out the truth for yourself and reach out to God He may never reveal himself to you. This happend to have happened to a couple of my agnostic friends of mine a few years back. It's a funny thing when man reaches out to God He responds. It takes faith. Not much. Just enough to start reading, praying and talking to God and He will reveal Himslef. Pro 8:17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

Truth

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Heh, I agree totally that we wont EVER be united by religion, unless some religion gains power in a war mongering country and manages to commit mass genocide upon the rest of the world. In which case I dont want to live in that world, religion is holding us back, but its also keeping us from uniting, which you can argue is both good and bad. Good because if we all go under one government and that government is corrupted all the way, then what? But bad, because we reallly do need to take that risk of a unified earth if we want to advance socially as well as economically, and technologically.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Education.
Sow a seed, you reap a thought.
Sow a thought you reap an action.
Sow an action you reap a character.
Sow a character you reap a destiny.

Sowing bombs isn't going to work.

Jesus had it all figured out for us, sow love.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by keybored]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
The world will never become completely "united". Why? It is not in our nature. Even if we had an international common foe, such as an alien invasion, we would still find a way to become divided over the situation. Sorry, but it's not possible.

I believe most people would set aside their differences in order to survive.
Clinging to the last thread before death.

True peace can never be established on this earth.

Sad but true, our nature forbids it, perhaps a new world order similar to "Brave New World" wouldn't be so bad.

"More stitches less riches."

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curious Keat

Originally posted by mpeake
The world will never become completely "united". Why? It is not in our nature. Even if we had an international common foe, such as an alien invasion, we would still find a way to become divided over the situation. Sorry, but it's not possible.

I believe most people would set aside their differences in order to survive.
Clinging to the last thread before death.

True peace can never be established on this earth.

Sad but true, our nature forbids it, perhaps a new world order similar to "Brave New World" wouldn't be so bad.

"More stitches less riches."

What is this concept of "brave new world" ? hmm

www.huxley.net...

wow......
I gotta read that book.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join