It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take to unite the world?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Have you all seen the 1950 (?) movie "The day the earth stood still"? It was a very very simple movie, with horrible acting. But it had a nice idea, which made it a classic. And that is that at some point aliens come to earth and say hey, you guys stop fighting each other, or thats it for you ! We wont let a race as violent as you become too advanced.

I was thinking about it today, what if the entire world was unified? Would we achieve some sort of social evolution? Because right now one of the big things holding us back is how we treat each other, we havent evolved socially proportionally to technology, and that is going to be a problem imho.

What if... our governments arent in collaboration with the aliens, and they only know as much as we do, and ... what if the aliens are just watching us waiting for the moment when we are ready to be entered into whatever galactis/universal/whatever federation? of alien civilizations that may or may not exist?

It would make sense for them to let a specific race develop on its own until it reaches a certain level of sophistication to retain its uniqueness, and see their approach to science. As with many things, if you lead a person too much they wont learn, the best growth is self growth.

But that can go on forever right? So I figure once we reach a certain point, where WE can initiate the dialogs, or go out and find THEIR home planet(s) then they will have to accept us right?

I wonder about thos ufos that are in david seredas videos, can we just put up a huge sign on the side of one of the space shuttles, like "hey youve studied us enough you can probably read this, we know your out there, stop playing these games and lets talk"

ok well enough random thoughts from me.. any opinions?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
the world would unite when the (cloned) jesus christ show up his face...

to communicate with the alien use mathematics...it's one of the best universal language...

[edit on 7-7-2005 by mwen]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It would take an extraterrestrial invasion to unite the world.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Three words: Frontal Lobe Lobectomy

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Three words: Frontal Lobe Lobectomy

extra terrestial invasion might happen if there is some way to jump around the universe without requiring much technological advancement, IE, within a short time, and resulting in a very undeveloped level of social advancement, and inability to create replenishable energy sources, etc.

Beacuse the level of refinement id hope we achieve in ALL aspects (social, technological) etc before we can do the same sort of thing, will keep us from wanting to invade / commit xenocide. At least that is me being optimistic.

It would be funny if there was some reallly really simple concept that would allow inter planet/galaxy etc travel with some very basic physical property of something we overlook. That discovery would lend credence to the possibiliy of "alien invasion" until then, its highly unlikely that an alien race that discovers us and can physically get over here will want to "invade" us.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I believe peace on Earth is not far away. Once we can cancel out the leading causes of all dispute, egotism, racism, politics, currency and religion; there will be no cause for major fighting. On that note...How are you, I respect your nationality, we are the leaders of the future, here's all my money to charity and if you have faith or not, I still love you!

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychevolvedApe
I believe peace on Earth is not far away. Once we can cancel out the leading causes of all dispute, egotism, racism, politics, currency and religion; there will be no cause for major fighting. On that note...How are you, I respect your nationality, we are the leaders of the future, here's all my money to charity and if you have faith or not, I still love you!

I agree with you there. The world is becoming a better place. Compare it to even 50 years ago and we have move further up the getting better ladder.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I believe peace on Earth is not far away. Once we can cancel out the leading causes of all dispute, egotism, racism, politics, currency and religion; there will be no cause for major fighting.

Ok tell me how we are going to cancel all that? Be realistic too..

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerryFletcher

I believe peace on Earth is not far away. Once we can cancel out the leading causes of all dispute, egotism, racism, politics, currency and religion; there will be no cause for major fighting.

Ok tell me how we are going to cancel all that? Be realistic too..

simply because people will learn that before they express their opinion that they should have researched the subject thoroughly and that in expressing their opinion they are believe that it will do more harm than good.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Unite the world?

Most of the people I know don't even get along with their families, neighbors or other drivers on the road.

Look at ATS. People can't even get along in cyberspace. People get called names here just for stating an opinion.

Humans are still very tribal and it doaen't take much to threaten them. The scary thing is that we now have WMDs and technology to send the tribe that threatens us to hell.

Even an invasion of mean aliens won't unite the human species.

Look how long the US was united after 911. The country is more divided now than since Viet Nam.

Have a nice day!

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The answer is so simple, I don't even see why there is now, or ever has been a problem.

What is wrong with accepting each other, each other' cultures and beliefs, without feeling the need to alter your own, nor put down the cultures, etc... of each other.

Do you know how much money is spent on weapons meant to kill and/or maim human beings? I don't. But I do know that it is an absolutely unnecessay, unreasonable and unfounded amount.

Do you know how many lives are cost, with people getting themselves caught up in the, "I'm better than you, my race is better, my religion is better, etc, etc......"? I don't, but 1 life lost over such senseless thoughts is too many.

How much money is spent on educating people on a global basis on exactly what each race, culture, religtion, etc... is about, so that everyone is able to have an understanding of each other. So that everyone can respect each other? I don't have the answer to that either, but it is not nearly enough.

People tend to "hate" what/who they fear. And most people fear the unknown. If there is understanding rather than hatred caused by lack of knowledge, then uniting the world wouldn't be difficult at all.

As a matter of fact, it constantly baffles me as to why is never has been united.

//ed for spelling and content//

[edit on 7/7/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Like i said before, we have along way to go for social evolutionn, one of the big problems is how long we live and the fact that each new person is a clean slate. Im not suggesting we brainwash children, but what will the world be like once people can live for 200-300 years? We will have to start putting restrictions on new births, i believe australia experimented with that?

At the same time, we will have to value life alot more if people are getting to 200 years old

[edit on 7-7-2005 by Davood]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Most of the world's population does not get an education. And they know nothing of the world outside their own street or village. To expect these people to want world peace or union is unrealistic, I'm afraid.

I think these must be fulfilled before world peace can happen;

- all religions and non-belivers must agree to common rules and traditions
- all must have an education and be able to travel around the world (so they can see how it is at other places)
- close down all military units
- people must limit the birthrate to what their own area can support. One cannot rely on some countries to make food for all others.
- do something together, like exploring space together.

These are a minimum I think. But the two first will never happen and so world peace forever can not happen. D'OH!

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
2, 4, and 5 are possible once nanotech takes off in 15-30 years from now.
This is something we can spend pages and pages and pages discussing if you want, it will be like re discovering fire for the human race.

I think we can get by with having a bunch of religions if we can reach a 100% literacy rate. Hell, find someone who doesnt know much about history, and sit them down and give them a summarized world history of the last 8000 years, and id hope they will see things differently, because everytime religions clash, it sets us back by destroying entire civilizations.

as for #3, unfortunately i dont see the world disbanding military units anytime soon, its a hurdle that will take a long time to overcome.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
A united world by peacefull means is the idealistic way for it to happen, but history shows it will not happen this way. I think it will happen as other empires have been built in the past where one will dominate the rest. But it will not be one country, but Western style countries in alliance like America, Great Brittan, basically the G8 countries. Not that they will not be tolerant of other cultures, because this is the key to eventual world peace. It's happening now, and many lives will be lost, mostly extremists that are not tolerant. The world will eventually become peacefull, but by military means.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
World Economic Equality. A one world currency where it would eliminate poverty in Africa, Asia and in the Americas. Everyone would be able to afford the necessities in life. Problems in the world today arise out of economic unequality.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
either in actuality -or in fabrication im not sure, but when et is presented to planet earth humanity will finally unite. in your life span too! go on unite - but dont believe everything, it too is a trick.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Now alot of people are saying that if we are presented with extra terrestial life on a silver platter by our governemnts, and proven that it exists, we will somehow have more commaderie.....

Why? it doesnt really make sense, I dont believe we have that much maturity yet as a race. I think the various governments will still be messing with each other, we would need extremely long lifespans to start really respecting each other i think.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Everybody living their light,putting out their own vibration of reality that transcends time.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The world will never become completely "united". Why? It is not in our nature. Even if we had an international common foe, such as an alien invasion, we would still find a way to become divided over the situation. Sorry, but it's not possible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join