It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Service Men And Women Who Have Died In Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I got a call from a close friends wife the other day with the bad news about my buddy being killed in Iraq on June 11. He was a good man and I pray his family can find some peace from the memories of him. I'll continue to pray for his wife and young son, and hope his son grows up being very proud of his dad. I was also sent a link to a map of U.S. Men & Women who have died in the "Fight for Freedom". I hope people start waking up and start questioning the real motives of the war in Iraq.

Here's the link to all the U.S. Service Men And Women Who Have Died In Iraq and Afghanistan.
U.S. Service Men And Women Who Have Died (map by city)

God Bless

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
What does that map show you? It makes you question our motives? I get the feeling you were never a fan of our motives. I be your fiend believed in what he was doing you should respect what he was trying to do and support their resolve to see this war through.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Sorry to hear of your loss, and I am sorry if you ever have to put up with dip's like someone else in the thread. Regardless whether you are for the war or not, the point is everyone should be for the soliders, and when one of them goes the entire country suffers for it.

What does it say when a country so wreaklessly offer's their children up for sacriface? It isn't for defending one's country. It isn't for security? It isn't even for stability.

"..... We're dead alright, we're just not broke." - Danny Devito Other Peoples Money.

Sometimes Hollywood does get it, even if they didn't realize it.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I am sorry for the loss of your friend. My son is stationed in Germany and will be heading to Afghanistan.

I read an article recently and maybe it has already been posted but what about the injured who die enroute to hospital or while there or when sent here to the states, the article stated there are actually 9000 more deaths than have been reported.

We only hear of the 1800 who are killed in action, the article said that Arlington cemetery is to be expanded to accomodate the soldiers.

kelly

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The 9000 dead figure is a LIE, do not believe it for a minute. If anyone can show me IRREFUTABLE PROOF of the 9000, I will eat my shorts. No links to leftist sites, no quotes from that idiot "forsake the troops", but hard, real evidence.

I'll wait, but I won't hold my breath.

DonJ600, I too pray for your friend. Dieing is never glamorous, but it can be very honorable, especially when it happens when fighting for the freedoms, lives, and rights of others. Your friend died honorably, giving his life in the quest of freedom.

To give your life, so others may live in peace, is the greatest gift.

As we say...HOOAH!

*edited for emphasis*

[edit on 6-7-2005 by Army]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Army, if there is one history should have tought us is that death doesn't bring peace.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Passer By
Army, if there is one history should have tought us is that death doesn't bring peace.

Yeah, you're right. It didn't do a darn thing about violent Nazi-ism, fascism, communism, slavery here in the USA, or islamic terrorism in two prior Crusades

*that's sarcasm BTW*

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Army

Yeah, you're right. It didn't do a darn thing about violent Nazi-ism, fascism, communism, slavery here in the USA, or islamic terrorism in two prior Crusades

*that's sarcasm BTW*

Well, it is debatable that violent Nazi-ism, which some would actually call Fascism, is in evidense in many ways today. Being an idea, a concept it should be obvious that you can't just "kill them", they aren't a normal enemy. The same can be said for communism, and actually a better case could be made that both communism and slavery only came about through political, not military, means. So, while you are completely wrong, you actually help out my case a bit.

You can't beat via violence idea's. You can only beat ideas with better idea's.

BTW - thats education.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
army what crusde thougt us was that relgious violence is utterly pointless it was a blood bath on both sides and btw it was the Byzantine emperor that attaked first.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well, thank you for crapping on DonJ600's friend. HE was out there fighting, while you are safely here typing out nonsense.

Nazi-ism, as most recently practiced, was the cause and reason for at least 30 million deaths in less than 15 years...not to mention a war that involved most of the world.

Communism, as most recently practiced, was the reason and cause for at least 120 million deaths in ONE country alone (I'm not even going to count current Communist countries), since 1917.

The only response to end the violence of these ideals, was more violence directed at the authors of these failed forms of government.

Slavery in this country, while not the sole cause of the Civil War in the USA, was handily defeated by taking up arms against that form of government that condoned it.

The Crusades was the free loving peoples answer to a murderous form of religeous government. Islamic terrorism was not only defeated, but pushed back to those areas of the world where it came from.

Consider this current war as the latest Crusade againt the latest version of islamic terrorism.

Violence begats violence. But righteous force against evil is a just reason and course.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
A large amount of people who died from this war live very close to me.
Northern Georgia.

Sorry to hear your loss, I will pray for his son.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ibelieve
We only hear of the 1800 who are killed in action, the article said that Arlington cemetery is to be expanded to accomodate the soldiers.

kelly

That is pure bunk. The cemetary is being expanded to handle the vets from previous wars (especially the vets of WW II).

They are not expanding it for the deaths from OIF and OEF. Where ever do people get these ideas.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Really???

Can you prove that?

link   

Nazi-ism, as most recently practiced, was the cause and reason for at least 30 million deaths in less than 15 years...not to mention a war that involved most of the world.

Not trying to correct every mistake but this one I just have to.

WWII deaths 45,000,000–68,000,000
en.wikipedia.org...

sry, but I take WWII issues unusualy serious.

link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
What does that map show you? It makes you question our motives? I get the feeling you were never a fan of our motives. I be your fiend believed in what he was doing you should respect what he was trying to do and support their resolve to see this war through.

Your believe? You know nothing of his friend. For you to try and pretend that his friend believes what you believe and try to spin that onto him is disgusting.

Have you no decency?

MBF

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

The Crusades was the free loving peoples answer to a murderous form of religeous government. Islamic terrorism was not only defeated, but pushed back to those areas of the world where it came from.

Consider this current war as the latest Crusade againt the latest version of islamic terrorism.

Violence begats violence. But righteous force against evil is a just reason and course.

Exactly. If we don't fight them there, we will be fighting them in OUR streets. A lot of the fighters in Iraq now are from other countries.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Army, those are idea's, concepts. To suggest that killing those that practise those idea's will somehow make things better is absurd in such an orwiellian way. You are at best suggesting thought police. I am not crapping on anyone, just pointing out a logical falacy. Violence can not topple an idea.

COOL HAND: Can I prove that violence hasn't lead to peace. In a way I guess, there has never been peace; there has always been violence. Therefore, in order to gain more of one, lessen the amount of the other. Seeing as violence tends to be counter to peace, this seems to be logical, no?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

COOL HAND: Can I prove that violence hasn't lead to peace. In a way I guess, there has never been peace; there has always been violence. Therefore, in order to gain more of one, lessen the amount of the other. Seeing as violence tends to be counter to peace, this seems to be logical, no?

Err, no.

The dropping of atomic weapons (arguably the most violent of acts) directly led to the surrender of the Japanese much more quickly than would have been the case if we had not used them.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanfitz

Not trying to correct every mistake but this one I just have to.

WWII deaths 45,000,000–68,000,000
en.wikipedia.org...

sry, but I take WWII issues unusualy serious.

Thanks, good call. But....

Your source includes disease and famine. I was referring directly to Nazi atrocities from '32-'46.

But I did put your link in my favorites, that is good info.

top topics

join