It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ETs here for peace or war.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I have pretty much thought often that if infact these sighting are real and intellegent aliens are watching us...then it is certain to me it must be for war...for 1000's of years people say we have been watched...but why?

If America ever developed our space shuttles enough to get further out from earth...and we were able to enter another planets atmosphere...and we knew there was intellegent life on that planet...then for certain as soon as possible we would try to contact these beings...becasue we would want to be peaceful and learn with them as soon as possible...

The only reason i could see us not talking to them, and staying back and hiding, would be to study them from a far for war.

If infact these UFOs are real then for this reason alone i would decide these beings must be planning a harmful approach.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Well, some are here for good and others for their own survival, eg abduction of Human Beings for hybrid boring and others for meals.

I now feel their in control 'cause we just don't yet have technology to off-set their out-of-this-world technology.

The key ingredient is what EBE race shares some of their craft propulsion technology with us (USA) to help keep democracy intact through advanced military technology?

Dallas

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I believe that if mankind were to find a planet teeming with intelligent life, this on a planet with natural resources mankind could use, there would be war. This if mankind considered itself to be able to win.

Man today is the same person that stepped out on the shores of America, South America, och Africa or Australia. Ask the natives of these countries if they would have preferred that other humans stayed away. Man is still the same. The only thing that has changed is the soundtrack.

[edit on 6-7-2005 by BlueEyes]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Pshhh... "E.T.'s" are nothing more than human time travellers from the future checking in on their past. They are not evil. They just want to see whats up in their version of the 'dark ages'

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Intersting. However I suspect there are far more than one race here and not all from the future.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueEyes
I believe that if mankind were to find a planet teeming with intelligent life, this on a planet with natural resources mankind could use, there would be war. This if mankind considered itself to be able to win.

I also didnt think of that...but hpothectically for the discussion lets say the planets didnt have resources we used... and maybe the planet seemed to be changed from our materials because of it being to hot or cold on this planet...do you think then we would at least contact them...plus even if we were to go to war with an alien race for there planet...you know the US's style...we like to tell you to get the hell out or we are going to distroy you...before we actually go in...bwahaha we are so lovably evil.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maiden Mayhem

I also didnt think of that...but hpothectically for the discussion lets say the planets didnt have resources we used... and maybe the planet seemed to be changed from our materials because of it being to hot or cold on this planet...do you think then we would at least contact them...plus even if we were to go to war with an alien race for there planet...you know the US's style...we like to tell you to get the hell out or we are going to distroy you...before we actually go in...bwahaha we are so lovably evil.

Man would probably land regardless of the effect on the local population, and even in this scenario it would be for gain: knowledge. The excuse, if you so will, would probably be that mankind were to "help" the other civilization.

Considering the fact that mankind cannot, at this point, avoid waging war upon their own brethren, I hardly believe that the result of contact could be anything less than hostile. Even if the violence would be of a non-physical nature, there are still a multitude of individuals on this planet who can testify that non-physical violence can be highly disruptive.

When greed is the driving force behind contact, one of the sides will always emerge in a way that is not optimal for its evolution. Whether this contact is between two humans, or between two "lesser" animal races is not important. The result is always the same.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Haha well BlueEyes, you seem to have some sort of grudge it seems against the way America works... but i do strongly feel that space exploration is not for trying to expand and conquere but to learn what this universe is all about...we arient traveling to distant areas just to distroy them...i mean what a waste of time that would be. scientist such as NASA became what they are to find out knowledge...so i feel we will always find out all we can first before distroying it...now say there is a poisonous plant that needs to be iradicated here on earth. now we would have studed this first to find that out...we for sure didnt study it with the intent of destroying it first...but if infact we decide later,after studying it, that is needs to be destroyed for reasons such as saftey...then so be it.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The useage of the word "mankind" was not meant to be interpreted as "USA". A quick lookup in historybooks shows that most cultures, from europeans ones to the zulu, have all behaved similarly.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
True, you are right, im sorry. i just assume you meant the US because thats what i meant. basically i say the US because im sure if anyone is getting to any outside planet it would be the US first...i mean who else has gotten to the moon no less haha...America RULES!

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Psh America never made it to the moon, IT WAS A HOAX. jkjk
BUT, other countries are closing in fast, don't get too pretentious my American friend.

[edit on 6-7-2005 by xxblackoctoberxx]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Um - lunch..??

We do roast up pretty good as long as you make a decent sauce and when frozen we make excellent meat Popsicles....

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maiden Mayhem
i mean who else has gotten to the moon no less haha...America RULES!

Be carefull saying that here.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Haha yes sorry i got alittle carried away...sorry to anyone i may have offended haha...so ummm...england rules...and australia rules...and umm...sweden? haha,....like all those good ones haha...comies suck haha.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Amusing us hardly offends us.

Let´s go back to the original topic, shall we?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Anything is possibe.

So...since "anything" is possible, there may be races which would choose to wage war on us, and races that wouldn't. The question is...

...which of the two is more likely to land?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

ETs here for peace or war.

The evidence seems to point to neither...at least when applying our human mindset to it....

If it was peace, one would imagine they'd make public and open contact. Indeed, they should know enough about us by now to know that confirmation of ET existence could go a long way in stopping terrestrial warfare... Also, sneaking about, abducting citizens, and interfering with military operations, aren't usually the activities of a people seeking peace, as we understand it.

However....

If it was war, then logically it would have been far easier to accomplish this prior to now. The evidence suggests centuries of being watched, so for any race bent on conquering us, it would have been far easier in our bows and arrows days, or at least prior to developing the A-bomb and rudimentary space travel, it would seem.

To me, their actions speak more for a race studying us as we'd study lab rats instead of fellow sentients. Though our sentience would easily be evident to anyone coming down to earth and seeing square crops, etc. (i.e. showing how man has manipulated his environment through sentience), apparently they seem to have different criteria perhaps.....

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
If they were studying us, they'd still learn more by asking us.

Why aren't they interested in our literature or culture? Some things can be discerned by flying around. You have to talk to people and ask them.

The conclusion is that we have resources---and the only unique resource to Earth is DNA.

conclusion: if ETs are coming here, then they have a reason and a task to perform, and they do not reveal themselves because doing so would impede progress in their task.

As in: they are stealing human DNA to make clones/slaves, for instance. We would naturally object to this strenuously and fight them, and they know (or guess) this. That makes things needlessly more difficult for them to continue, so they do not reveal themselves more than necessary to complete their operations.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Threads like this, with War or Invasion or some variation do seem to be more attractive to people with shall we say a less than positive view of humanity.

Once we get into space it is reasonable to assume that we will move from an outlook dominated by limited resources to one of unlimited resources. It is hard for me to imagine us going to War for something we can get in 1,000 different places. We do not make War because we are hostile creatures, we commit murder for that reason, we make War for Land.

You can argue we have not evolved far enough, but to say we are the same as we were in the beginning I think is just unfair to humanity. For a significant part of recorded history men took other men as slaves. Now you can say we still do that but with the chains of economics or religion. Ok, sure, but that is really not the same. If you do not believe me I have some chains handy, a couple of minutes as an actual slave and I think you will see my point here. To have no control over your life at all, to be property under the Law, that is something far worse than your 9-5 job.

We do learn, and humanity does grow, just very slowly.

I agree we as humans would make contact with any form of intelligence we discover, at least today we would. We do not have the highly evolved sense of responsiblity it takes to realize that it might be best for the other culture if we left them alone. Perhaps by the time we have the ability we will also have the wisdom.

So far we can be fairly sure we are being watched, and yes perhaps been the subject of investigations in ways that we do not care for. This might be because a particular species does not recognize us as intelligent beings, or because according to their view of life what they are doing is ok.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 7/7/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
One could also say that the "less positive" view is somewhat more realistic.

Someone working in a sweat shop in Asia, or someone living in Africa, trying to explain to their children why their local water has to be polluted because men from other continents want their local gold, would probably argue that things haven´t changed at all.

But yes, todays human is somewhat more "humane" than his ancestors. This, mostly, due to the fact that he can afford to be so.

Humanity has changed, yes, but humans remain the same.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by BlueEyes]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join