It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe 'Vs' The US!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I have started this tread in response to the following post.....

Originally Posted By apc In The Space Forum
Well... maybe not invincible, but the closest thing to it compared to everyone else.

But since you brought it up... EU vs US. HAH that would be a walk in the park... take that one to the "US vs. The World" threads. We wouldn't even have to do anything the EU would implode on their own if we cut the cord. You would have England going "Well... we bloody well want to fight you, but uhm... Germany you do it!" and Germany going "Gut mochten wir es tun aber... Frankreich tun Sie es!" and France going "Va te faire foutre tout. Nous sommes francais."

I never said we own the Moon. I said if we wanted to, we could, easily.

apc believes the US are the nearest thing to invinible on Earth but i disagree, i said that if Europe combined (i mean the WHOLE of Europe), they would beat the US in a war, but he disagreed!

I know this will probably never happen, and that France wouldnt fight anyway, but i want to know what you all think would happen if Europe and the US went to war against each other!
How much more advanced are the US and would it matter with the sheer numbers Europe would have?

Mic

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Are you including the UK in europe? If not, I'd give the trash about 3 days to surrender.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What do you mean by the whoel of Europe. The only decent armed forces are Uk and Germany. France is a joke, Switzerland are so neutral they would surrender before it all kicked off. The rest are horrible little countries that are so involved in infighting or so insignifigant there army is like Dads Army that they dont matter.

Is Russia included in Europe? That would be a help but then again they took years to not beat Afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Americans such as myself who have family in Europe and posess an ability to see things beyond the common Ameri-centric viewpoint would watch the ultra-nationalist, flag-waving loonies from both sides of the Atlantic patriotically shoot each other dead on tv. I'm sure the cable news networks already have the titles and graphics ready in case of such an event.

But seriously, In regards to those "my country would kick your countries arse" posts like the original you quoted, they remind me of the kids back in kindergarten squeeling how their dad was better than and could beat up everyone elses dad or something of that sort. I always wondered what happened to those kids but now I know. They are all grown up and posting on ATS!

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Veltro]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If for some odd reason the USA got into a war with Europe it wouldnt be much of a war. To beat the USA you would have to invade the country. The United States people would never let that happen. Every1 would fight for their country. There would be food & supply rations & once again no cars being built & only military vehicles. The American Air Force is so advanced no country would make it across an ocean. Its kinda hard to say this since im not too happy about the USA foreign policies now. But lets say the EU decided to pull a 9/11 on the USA. Give it a year & every country in Europe is owned by the States.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   

You have voted Veltro for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Very well put, Veltro.

So, my two cents...
Even though theoretical mussings about who has a better penis extension... uhmmm I mean weapons, might be interesting to some to discuss, topics *insert name here* Vs. *insert name here* always end with ultra-nationalists picking on eachother and insulting other nations.

Edit to add:

What I wrote might have sounded disrespectful towards the thread starter, who does seem to want to discuss this more seriously.

So for the sake of the argument, here is a realistic scenario:
A Blitz Krieg, that would take about uhmmm I don't know 30mins till all the nukes and long range missles are launched. We would both go to hell and China would rejoice for remaining the only superpower in the world.... before they all die of radiation poisoning that would kill every living thing on Earth.

The End.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by paperclip]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
So, my two cents...
Even though theoretical mussings about who has a better penis extension... uhmmm I mean weapons, might be interesting to some to discuss, topics *insert name here* Vs. *insert name here* always end with ultra-nationalists picking on eachother and insulting other nations.

First off thanks for the vote. First one.

Secondly your right, these threads are tinder and 9.9/10 times just serve as an arena for the ultra-nationalists to be just as ignorant and stereotypical as the other side that they are bashing for being ignorant and stereotypical.

The ever popular words "racist" and "Nazi" will get thrown into the mix and eventually a mod will have to quiet things down. No different than my analogy of the two kids. Except maybe someone would have been called poor and sand would have been thrown. And instead of mods you'd have Ms. Young and the principals office.

Fact is every country on earth is jam packed with it's share of zombie flag-wavers many of whom have internet access. I've seen behavior like this from the Americans, the UK , French, Indians and every other country with electricity. It is a world-wide epidemic. I think it has always been like this though, it's just that we weren't exposed to other nationalities and their viewpoints like we are today with the internet and satellite TV so we lived in ignorant bliss so to speak.

Being proud of your country is great, and it is a natural instinct. However being so blinded by propaganda and superiority complexes can be very dangerous. Such behavior has been harnesed by certain people in the past and manipulated for their benefit. Whose to say that isn't happening now?

[edit on 5-7-2005 by Veltro]

top topics

join