It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The comet strike was an attempt at diflection!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The strike at the comet has been misrepresented. It was actuallly an attempt at knocking the comet off course.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
That is possible. But they sure wouldn't tell us the truth now would they.
Imagine the panic.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
A masked attempt at a trial deflection, what an ingenious deception!

Comet Monkeys, not just being knocked off course anymore...

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
With such a publically advertised mission and comet, it'd be impossible to hide the fact that this comet was on a collision course with Earth if that was the case, if that's what you mean...if you mean it was just a test to deflect a heavenly body in case some other comes near, I guess that's possible, but it would also be observable and theoretically predictable by scientists and interested lay people around the world and NASA claims that it would not alter the comet's course would be quickly challenged.

So, no, I don't see a conspiracy here.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Leave the poor guy alone. He is just warning us so to deflect our attention from boredom.

[edit on 7/4/2005 by the_oleneo]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I blieve it was also target practice in case the so called 1012 comet does really come around

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
What's the point of making a thread like this, Tempel 1 has been travelling round our solar system for over 2000 years and has an estimated 7000 more years, it's on no collision course what so ever - if that’s what your getting at.

And a 370kg probe hitting a comet of this size at only 23-25,000 kmph is like a fly hitting a car window going at 140kmph!!

Also don’t forget... you have some of the best telescopes and veteran astronomers watching this, and will be for many years... a change in course would be noticed instantly

[edit on 4-7-2005 by fill0000]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Whilst the world was watching this cosmic event at a precise location in space.

Was anyone looking or keeping an eye on the rest of the universe?.....

What a perfect opportunity to do whatever you wanted on the far side of the planet as no one would have been looking there at the time.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
So you're saying that NASA can't hit the broad side of a barn?

...in spite of the fact that they've been announcing ever since the mission began that they would HIT THE CENTER OF THE COMET -- and the fact that they DID hit the center of the comet, that it's all been just so many horsefeathers and they were actually going to use all that precise equipment and hit it off center and then go "oops"???

And so their hitting the center of the comet (the target they announced from the beginning) is actually a failure on their part?

Given how tiny the comet is and all?

I think we need a better brand of speculation around here.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fill0000
What's the point of making a thread like this, Tempel 1 has been travelling round our solar system for over 2000 years and has an estimated 7000 more years, it's on no collision course what so ever - if that’s what your getting at.

Whats the point in posting a reply like that? A tad harsh dont you think?

Your right it is not on a collision course, but this could have been a test to see if NASA could actually crash something into a comet, dont forget that hitting something millions of miles away from Earth isnt as easy as it sounds!!!

And a 370kg probe hitting a comet of this size at only 23-25,000 kmph is like a fly hitting a car window going at 140kmph!!

Like i said above, it may have just been a test, NASA wouldnt want to send Temple-1 off course in case it smashed into something else in the future!

Originally Posted By Artificium

What a perfect opportunity to do whatever you wanted on the far side of the planet as no one would have been looking there at the time.

Excellent point.....
I wonder what was going on at the other end of the universe whilst everyone was watching Temple-1?????

Mic

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Artificium

Are you confusing the universe with a pack of 3 year old children? The universe has clicked along right nicely without anyone ogling it for billions of years. Was some supreme deity going to flash us or something?

In fact, only TWO observatories were pointed at the comet (the ones on Hawaii)... everything else couldnt' see it.

In spite of the 3 billion people living there and going about their perfectly ordinary lives?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Indellkoffer:

Gee umm... thanks for that educational insight and I will be sure to keep that in mind next time!

Very entertaining!

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo
Leave the poor guy alone. He is just warning us so to deflect our attention from boredom.

[edit on 7/4/2005 by the_oleneo]
Of course, you're right!

Isn't that why most of us post, some of the things we do.?

[edit on 6-7-2005 by freddieb]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
What a complete and utter waste of taxpayer's dollars. I can't believe people aren't speaking up about the amount of money it took to pull this 'entertainment' off. Those poor starving in children in Africa sure could have used it.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Is there a conspiracy in everything?

Is it too far fetched that this Deep Impact mission is just what it is portrayed to be?

As for the idea of "while everyone is watching this" yadda yadda about what may not be being seen in the rest of space - um, you do realize that astromers out of line-of-sight are still watching the rest of space? Coupled with, if this event were a detract to a seperate event, do you think astronomers have motion sensors in space or something? They can't "miss" seeing something without pre-knowledge of said event; it's not like taking binoculars and looking at boats in a lake, star/space gazing is VERY time consuming, telescopes are panned thru the skies at a very, very slow rate; not to mention the field of depth, it's the same function as binoculars, only on a deeper, slower, and more refined level. "Missing" an event due to a diversion is simply a null action.

Misfit

Misfit

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I think it was simply a practice long overdue in preparation for something that could be on a colission course any day.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Allllrighty then!

There we have it folks!

Close down the the ATS web site 'cause were all wasting our time here!

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I fail to see the conspiracy here, inspite of my fanaticism with conspiracies.
Its just practice for when the real thing threatens. Thats all.
Was this the real threat? I dont know and neither do you.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
One of the things that the $333 million experiment did is to knock Jim McCanney's "comets-as-electrical-capacitors" into the garbage can where it belongs.

For years, scientists believed that comets are clumps of ice and rock, and the observations of the way comets outgas during perihelion gave that hypothesis a lot of credence. by actually striking the coma and using spectro-analysis to examine the ejecta (which include rock as well as frozen gases) scientists will be able to further refine their beliefs.

I personally consider the money as taxes well-spent.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Artificium
Allllrighty then!

There we have it folks!

Close down the the ATS web site 'cause were all wasting our time here!

I'm assuming that was directed primarily at me, as it was I to bring the blunt skepticism in. But, if you read it again, I stated "Is there a conspiracy in everything?" - keywords "is" and "everything". Some things just don't fit the conspiracy niche, such as Deep Impact. There is no basis, no thoughts of proof, not even a hear-say, there is a complete lack of criteria. This one is the epitome of speculative.

I swear, if Bush belched during a speach, there are those that would cry conspiracy, with some crazy story to bind it to.

And no, I am not anti-conspiratist, I adamantly believe they abound in many numbers .......... but this just isn't one.

Misfit

top topics

<<   2 >>

join