It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Image of the Beast, Robotics?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
There is a possibility where all our comments here for example can be used against us or used by a false replicant after the rapture occurs, maybe a super calculating robotic that tells us what we want to hear because it will work out our interests and maybe personalities to draw us into worshipping them.

I love science and technology but it does come with ethics too and social science is a subject in it self. The Bible does not describe technology but it outlines a future that has not happened yet and we can only know when people are living in that future and it starts to develop. It more likely this future than ever before that prophecy is comming upon us. The Bible mentions the world seeing the events for everyone to see, 200years ago that would sound impossible and now we have the internet in our pockets.
Its more likely in the future to come than any other, but it seems our advances will be short lived and used against us by Satanic forces who will use it as a wrapping up method to herd the human population in systamic submission system once it takes control of the planet. A bit like the Terminator movies.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by The time lord]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
To the time lord thank you, and also jackflap, you guys are awesome, I appreciate your insights and thoroughness on such subjects. I really try to only observe speculations, but have been known to throw an idea or two out once in a while. Like how once before mankind had one language, and that was taken away from us...or how Noah was told to tell Ninevah of its iminent destruction, but its people repented, and their destruction was postponed...good times.

My personal view is that the Beast coulda been the League of Nations and the the image of the Beast could be the United Nations. This is nothing new to many. I do find it entertaining when those searching for a unique individual antichrist persona combine "his" features with that of the beast and its image...personally, I believe there are many forms of antichrists and it is possibly a smudging of the lens when specific atributes of other characters are rolled into one individual like the beast being "the" antichrist.

Now that I have stated my limited viewpoint, as I am still focusing on being a student of the literal bible teachings and trying not to get too involved in the speculation and interpretation of prophetic scripture...I wanted to drop in and say I am enjoying this read, keep it up!!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The Beast is clearly an individual although a Beast can also represent a kingdom. In the last days it will be a man and a "world kingdom." Revelation clearly depicts him as a man of some sort.

Revelation 19:20 "And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped HIS image. These both were cast ALIVE into a lake of fire burning with brimstone."

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
FROM THIS WEBSITE:
www.bible-prophecy.com...

QUOTE:
Image of the Beast
Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.
Revelation 13:14-15 (NIV)

The Image of The Beast is not the same as the Beast himself (Antichrist). It is a statue that has "come to life." In modern terms this would be a life-like robot. We have been accustomed to life-like images since the introduction of "Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln" at Disneyland in 1965. There has also been a growing interest in "cyborgs," or bionic men, first popularized by the television series "The Six Million Dollar Man," and a steady development on Star Trek type programs of the concept of "The Borg" with their collective consciousness.

Dramatic advances in the fields of Computer Science, especially Artificial Intelligence, Computer Animation, and Robotics, have made it possible to picture the fulfillment of this prophecy.

THE TIME LORD:
Could it be some future technology like holographic images or maybe intelligent TVs A.I.TV technology that can speak to you or computers like in star trek.

What do you think? Do you have another explanation?

Mod Edit: ALL-CAPS title and to insert bbcode quote box.

[edit on 2-7-2005 by kinglizard]

Agreed there is something very unnatural about creating artificial intelligence.

Leave the creating to God!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Is this good news for mankid or a futuristic nightmare waiting to happen in a sci-fi reality near you? No matter what the advances in science wants to combine God's creation to it, so maybe we are going to create this robotic beast.

www.livescience.com...

The line between living organisms and machines has just become a whole lot blurrier. European researchers have developed "neuro-chips" in which living brain cells and silicon circuits are coupled together.

The achievement could one day enable the creation of sophisticated neural prostheses to treat neurological disorders or the development of organic computers that crunch numbers using living neurons.

To create the neuro-chip, researchers squeezed more than 16,000 electronic transistors and hundreds of capacitors onto a silicon chip just 1 millimeter square in size.

They used special proteins found in the brain to glue brain cells, called neurons, onto the chip. However, the proteins acted as more than just a simple adhesive.

"They also provided the link between ionic channels of the neurons and semiconductor material in a way that neural electrical signals could be passed to the silicon chip," said study team member Stefano Vassanelli from the University of Padua in Italy.

The proteins allowed the neuro-chip's electronic components and its living cells to communicate with each other. Electrical signals from neurons were recorded using the chip's transistors, while the chip's capacitors were used to stimulate the neurons.

It could still be decades before the technology is advanced enough to treat neurological disorders or create living computers, the researchers say, but in the nearer term, the chips could provide an advanced method of screening drugs for the pharmaceutical industry.

"Pharmaceutical companies could use the chip to test the effect of drugs on neurons, to quickly discover promising avenues of research," Vassanelli said

Text

[edit on 15-5-2009 by The time lord]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

That's so cool! Its all fun and games till our cylons rebel!

How long until the saying "its not the invention that is evil its how we use it" will no longer apply...

almost time to unplug the computer and go live in the desert huh!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
reply to post by The time lord

That's so cool! Its all fun and games till our cylons rebel!

How long until the saying "its not the invention that is evil its how we use it" will no longer apply...

almost time to unplug the computer and go live in the desert huh!

Trust me once the signs will be showing Moses will have to come back and direct us to safety because many will leave everything behind just to escape those wicket times yet to come.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Set in a futuristic world where humans live in isolation and interact through surrogate robots, a cop (Bruce Willis) is forced to leave his home for the first time in years in order to investigate the murders of others surrogates. Directed by Jonathan Mostow (Terminator 3)

So will this be something similar to the image of the Anti-Christ?

In reality this is probably as far as they are going right now with robotics.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Aside from technology everyone's programing is different for instance, if u were programmed for "church" and bible study, if u break free from it they may try to make u think ur satan and not jesus and vice versa if u grew up with anton's bible in ur lap and u question it they may induce feelings that ur jesus and not satan anymore. Worlds are definately colliding. A human enhanced is still human, dosent make a human a machine. Infact it prolly makes him super human if he can think for himself, still process information as an individual.

I hear about some stories where people are guinea pigs and dont have a say in it. Maybe from birth they been intergrated and dont have a choice. So we have to use logic in all this, what is really goin on? I hope that men of science start being more ethical and not like the creepy scientist poking u with needles when ya aint lookin.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think the image of the beast could be a Frankenstein monster type being or someone built in a lab, man's first intelligent robot or life form to replace God's creations. Then again it could be holographic or robots with intelligence of some kind, where Satan is meant to breath his spirit into and make it come alive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join