It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinwalkers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
www.guardiantales.freewebspace.com...

www.geocities.com...

www.suite101.com...

paranormal.about.com...

Whats this Skinwalker stuff. Is there any Navajo people here that can give more details?

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
not I, but that sounds scary

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Here's a few things you may find of interest:

Path of the Skinwalker

and the material it references:

Source - AlienDave.Com

The Utes say the ranch is `the path of the Skinwalker.' Tribe members are strictly forbidden from setting foot on the property. It's been that way for a long time."

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
i wonder if any of that is true

it sounds absolutely bizzare

the native american traditions are not exactly all fantasy however
so im giving this skinwalker phenomena a second look

it all sounds very scary lol

it sounds just like some kind of Xfiles episode
u know lol

[edit on 3-7-2005 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
i wonder if any of that is true

it sounds absolutely bizzare

the native american traditions are not exactly all fantasy however
so im giving this skinwalker phenomena a second look

[edit on 3-7-2005 by muzzleflash]

Ya Thats why im hoping theres someone with some Navajo backround that could shed some different light on this subject. Also I read that the Skinwalkers are forbidden to mess with non Navajo, & I am wondering why.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Read "Skinwalker" by Tony Hillerman. A novel but very well researched by the primier author on all things Navajo.

I lived 30 mi from the Navajo Rez in New Mexico. My Jemez Pueblo friends warned me not to muck about on the Navajo Rez. Vague references were made about witches.

I am a part time flyfishing guide and outfitter and frequently drive thru the Rez on 550 on my way to the San Juan ri. The landscape is beautiful, strange and eerie. I prefer not to drive thru at night mainly because of the drunks but I have seen things that "seemed" paranormal but the desert at night plays tricks on our perception.

Even during the daytime trips thru the Rez feel "creepy" at times. I have found that even if I don"t see evidence of cerimonies being performed I can feel the cerimonial vibe and seriously mind my own business.

Respect for other cultures and their ways should be the modus operandi in the beautiful American southwest. Actually respect works on the whole planet. I certainly respond better when I am afforded the diginty I like to show others. I wish the name calling on ATS would stop!

[edit on 3-7-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Source - AlienDave.Com

The Utes say the ranch is `the path of the Skinwalker.' Tribe members are strictly forbidden from setting foot on the property. It's been that way for a long time."

Woo hoo I like referances to people I actually know!
HI DAVE ya ya we are talking about YOU again!

Yes we are NOT supposed to talk about SW's...for mentioning them is supposed to open a door for them to come and harass you.

TRG*gets out the smudge and starts burning sage*

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Creepy stuff. Somebody should provoke one, then get a camera, WE NEED PROOF!

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Creepy stuff. Somebody should provoke one, then get a camera, WE NEED PROOF!

Thanks for volunteering!

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I dont have a camera

In the epic words of George W. Bush jr.

"I would gladly volunteer for this mission, but I got a letter from my Dad dat says I dun have to. neener neener neener"

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Creepy creepy creepy, i'll ask my dad. he know a lot about Native American things.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Another interesting book containing information on skinwalkers is Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child's Thunderhead. Two Skinwalkers provide the supernatural action in the novel. It's a decent read besides

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I got pulled over one time on a reservation for speeding.

Can SW's take the form of a Sheriff?

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
i dunno but that is scary

hey dissbelief i got your answer sw's can take the form of a sherrif if the sw skinned him lol

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
thats weird i really wonder were they came from and why would god make such creatures

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
pretty creepy whether real or not, creepy

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Similar stories/myths exist in other cultures as well. My three favorites are the Kitsune of Japan, the Raksasha of India, and the Cham B'alam of South America. (Werefoxes, weretigers, and werejaguars respectively)

The kitsune were fallen, or disgraced women, fond of seducing and tricking men to steal their life-force.

The Raksashas were demons obsessed with knowledge and sorcery.

The Cham B'alam were men who wore the skins of Jaguars and believed they could transform through the use of drugs and trances. There were a number of murders of loggers in the South American jungles, in which the victims were attacked by lightning-fast shadows from the jungle, that looked like bipedal jaguars armed with steel claws.

Pretty fascinating stuff really.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...
^this has some info and websites and stuff
I like this topic...
not that i have any idea about skinwalkers
but why not look them up just for kicks right?

top topics

join