It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Serial Sniper?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I guess the snipings are happening all over again. It's been reported in West Virginia that a sniper has been shooting people in the heads while at gas stations from afar. Just another damn thing after another.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I guess the snipings are happening all over again. It's been reported in West Virginia that a sniper has been shooting people in the heads while at gas stations from afar. Just another damn thing after another.

Just checking news sites now, can you link me the story or is it just breaking?? Lets hope its just a one off pyshco not a serial pro again.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Lets hope its just a one off pyshco not a serial pro again.

It was just a psycho last time as well. Hardly a "pro" a professional sniper would never have been caught. Nor would a professional just start popping off innocent people for no reason. Just a psycho nothing more nothing less.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well, still. He's near my neck of the woods like the last 2 a$$holes. Man, I hate those guys.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Ted Bundy wasn't psychotic. He just enjoyed killing.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Man, I hate those guys

You surprise me Colonel. I would have thought you would say something like "They were abused by the system so they had no choice!" or somesuch.

Keep going grasshopper, you are well on your way to true enlightenment

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Rifle Shootings Raise Fear in W.Va.
Seemingly Random Killings of 3 at Stores Reminiscent of D.C. Area Sniper Attacks
By Jo Becker
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, August 16, 2003; Page B01

West Virginia law enforcement authorities said yesterday that they suspect that a single killer, firing a rifle from a distance, is responsible for three fatal shootings in and near the capital city of Charleston in recent days, a series of attacks reminiscent of the sniper shootings that spread fear through the Washington area last fall.

www.washingtonpost.com...

piffle.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So the shots were fired from between 35-70 yards...
And they're all headshots?

This guy's (or gal's) got some training.
It could be a copycat.
Things like this, though, make me think of MK ULTRA (the project, not the poster here!) and its triggers.

-B.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
So the shots were fired from between 35-70 yards...
And they're all headshots?

This guy's (or gal's) got some training.
It could be a copycat.
Things like this, though, make me think of MK ULTRA (the project, not the poster here!) and its triggers.

-B.

That what i was thinking, it look like a copycat killings to me. How many did the orignal sniper kill?

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I' have to say anyone who enjoys killing IS psychotic in my book.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
its sad to say that some people enjoy killing, if this new sniper is a copycat, he will stop when he kills as many as the first sniper did. But if he is a pyshcopath, he will keep killing and killing until he is stopped.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I agree with you, it is almost as if s/he "went off" at the worst time.....

oh and it was 60-70 yards for one of the victims..

Morris said police believe a rifle was used in each shooting because the shot that killed Meadows was fired from 60 to 70 yards away, while Patton was shot from about 30 to 40 yards away.

All three were gunned down outside convenience stores, including a man killed while talking on a pay phone and a woman killed while pumping gas.

Sounds like a pretty patient individual considering that s/he would have to be sitting there for quite some time waiting for a shot.

www.boston.com...

Does anyone know the exact time and date of the first killing?

Ultimately this is a sick display and I hope the actual individual(s) responsible for this are stopped (including those that give the orders).

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The first victim was using a pay phone at a Go-Mart store on the west side of Charleston on August 10

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
2 Headshots, 1 to the neck.. This is not a amateur.. in combat less than 10% of all injuries are to head..

Btw officially sniper rifle is that kind of weapon that is 100% certain to get a headshot from 300m range..

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This person(s) has had some military experience. I hope this sniper doesn't go on a killing spree too

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

That what i was thinking, it look like a copycat killings to me. How many did the orignal sniper kill?

The DC sniper(s) killed 10, wounded 3.

This potential case has 3 killed in 1 week, and investigators are looking at another similar shooting back in March.
So far, the only date/time info I can find is that the first of this string happened on Sunday night, so 8/10/03.
All 3 have occured at night, with the 2 most recent happening at 10:20pm EST and ~11:50pm EST.
www.swisspolitics.org...

Why isn't this getting more media coverage???

Ooops. Looks like we may have something here.

Bullets that killed three people in separate shootings outside convenience stores in and around West Virginia's capital were of the same caliber and fired from the same kind of weapon, officials said.

www.guardian.co.uk...

(welcome to my famous stream-of-consciousness posts...)

-B.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
i think this sniper will kill atleast 10 just like the orginal sniper and he might try to kill more. lets hope he gets stopped soon

new topics

top topics

join