It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

My Screen shocks me

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
My Computer screen shocks me when I touch it, why is that?




posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Not sure, have you saucy wallpaper? :p



posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
imo it's the saucy wallpaper for sure!




posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My appearance in this thread is obligatory......considering my name and the topic title...........

[edit on 1-7-2005 by MemoryShock]



posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Why are you touching your screen?


Static electricity...



posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Static electricity...


just like a TV...

but, it never happined to me with a computer...

then again, i never touch my screen





posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well, can anyone explain this to me? Which I think I just figured it out. Because I am wearing shoes right now.

Now taking them off.

And now I get shocked. Now I figured it out..



posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If you do not want to risk buying another monitor, don't touch your screen.
It is not un-common for the charge in a persons body meshed with the charge of a monitor to cause the monitor to internally (and many times externally) explode.
If you felt shock from touching it, you were not far away from damaging your screen.

Same reason to not clean a screen while the monitor is on, best if the monitor is [1] off for several hours; [2] first perform a "degauss", then turn off and clean. "Degaauss" is avalable via the buttons on your monitor. When you do click it, the warbled and distorted visual you will see IS what it should look like, don't freeeeeeek out, heh. While Degauss is primarily for dissapating magnetic build-up [against popular wrong info that it is about electric build up] it does also serve to help dispell the electric build-up.
Best case scenario for cleaning a screen tho, is after the monitor has been off for several hours.

Again, a monitor is FAR more succeptible to electircial failure due to mis-use than is a television.

Misfit



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join