It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

addiction?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
is addiction to games bs or is it a real thing. if so how do you tell if some one is addicted

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It is not BS!

I am an Everquest Addict! I spend 20-30 hours per week playing this game. EQ is my escape from reality! Player beware!!!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I hear that game is very addictive, but I dunno about that as I couldn't stand it, I'm sort of addicted to GTASA Right now but itll wear off eventually. Gawd I shudder to think how addictive a GTA:Online would be.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
GTA-San Andreas is small potatoes when compared to a mmorpg like EQ. In my online virtual world of Norrath, I am with thousands of like minded individuals, and basically, trying to kill every one of them in the game, heh.

Necromancers are so rule!

OMG, i luv spaeking in dewd talk; i luv phat l33tS, pk'ing peeps, and other things to maek teh other pc's playing xperience totally hell-ridden, until they get to the point that they either log-off, or quit!

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq
In my online virtual world of Norrath, I am with thousands of like minded individuals,

I'd be scared if I could find thousands of like minded individuals, would be interesting though *glares into distance*

is addiction to games bs or is it a real thing. if so how do you tell if some one is addicted

Its true, people can get addicted to basically everything, computer games included.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yeah i would say games can be addictive! I tend to get addicted to rpgs...because i want to continue the storyline!

*Bangs head against UK Wizard's sign* ....ouch

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yes they are addictive, last summer, i played diablo II 14 hours a day....

...i even become ill cause of it

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
14 hours a day!!! Bet that would make you dream about it lol, i remember a day when i spent around 17 hours on the ps and when i was trying to sleep all i could see was visions of the games i had played!

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eventuality
14 hours a day!!! Bet that would make you dream about it lol, i remember a day when i spent around 17 hours on the ps and when i was trying to sleep all i could see was visions of the games i had played!

same D LOL

i use to dream about diablo II :shk:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
i played fatal frame 2 once till my eyes burned and i had a dream from hell

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by Eventuality

same D LOL

i use to dream about diablo II :shk:

I hear you ! Diablo2 is an eviiiiil game....after a first dream i stopped playing it altogether

And yes games can be addictive....i know a guy that couldnt stop playing them once he started....he ended up in teraphy.

For me personally, playing games is a kind of teraphy and brain exercise

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Hah -

I'm sure some of you will sympathise of my nights dreaming about little freaky monsters screaming "Rakanishu!" at me

It's possible to become "addicted" (in a psychological sense) to just about anything; playing sports, beating Tiger Woods on the PS, working out, you name it.

One word may make this whole thing easier to battle:

MODERATION, people

(Ok, two words. But the latter was redundant)

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Last year I was playing Final Fantasy X 10 hours a day for a moth. Then I came to one of the bosses that I couln't kill no mather what. Angrily a went to sleep and I dreamt how I defeated him. I woke up turned on my PS2 and used my dream tactic on him and succeded.

After that I stopped playing games for 3 months.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
LOL

my eyes have burned too when i use to play Diablo II ALL the time, i would dream about diablo, dream about rare items lol everything i looked at on the internet was diablo II related...

...lets just say, i wasnt the top player in Europe for nothing

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

No offense, but it's obvious that u can get addictive 2 games.

I'm addictive 2 both Halos, Operation Flashpoint, or just any good war game, and it's obvious 2 tell I am, just look at my posts in the Games BTS.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

:w:

Yeah, obvious.....

lol!

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
has anyone ever heard of some going though the td's for not play like they need a crack fix

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DRAGON27
has anyone ever heard of some going though the td's for not play like they need a crack fix

No. DTs (delirium tremens) is a physical (and potentially lethal) form of alcohol withdrawal; less than 5% of patients on alcohol withdrawal will actually progress to DTs, and this is a good thing - it is NOT pleasant, and can, as mentioned, be lethal.

You cannot - and this bears repeating - cannot suffer DTs from a psychological addiction, although your body can certainly play tricks on you and "give you the shakes", as if you were.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
ok whats that sezure warning fori havent heard of someone going into convoltions cause of a game

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRAGON27
ok whats that sezure warning fori havent heard of someone going into convoltions cause of a game

Then maybe you should research a bit more

Certain flashing images can trigger seizures amongst epileptics (diagnosed and undiagnosed), as well as certain other populations.

That's all

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower

Then maybe you should research a bit more

i have seizures parshelcomplex,complex, pettymal, and grandmal. so i have done the research. look them up just you know im not full of it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join