It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GSG9 won world swat challange

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
worldswatchallenge.com...

Final Results
The 2005 Original SWAT World Challenge is one for the history books as well as for the record book. The competitive events were held on 1 & 2 April at Front Sight Resort outside Las Vegas and the German team from GSG-9 swept the competition. Well organized, highly fit and exceptional shooters, they shut out the seventeen other teams and won every single event. While first and second in some of the events were only a few seconds apart the Germans managed to pull it out when it counted and demonstrated that they had the best team.

San Antonio, who set the standard last year in winning six of eight events, was second to the powerful Germans in four events and took second overall. The Dallas team finished third overall putting pressure on the Germans in the Range Run event by turning in a 2:58. But here too GSG-9 nipped them at the finish winning by three seconds in 2:55. Beaumont, Texas and LAPD tied for fourth and while both these teams were pretty consistent, each had one event where luck didn’t seem to go their way. The Bruce Power ERT captured fifth overall in their first international competition. There is little doubt they will be a team to reckon with in the future. As is the custom for the OSWC the top five teams will be invited back for the 2006 competition. Below are the official final standings.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
hah always thought that the Germans were tough

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
That ranks pretty high on "the most absurd things" I've ever read.
How can you have an elite paramilitary CT unit go up against PD swat teams??? Thats like Roger Clemens pitching in the little leagues!! What I would like to see is how GSG9 would stack up against the likes of Delta, SAS, etc. Hell, I'd like to see how they do against Germany's own KSK. Picking on out-of-shape, donut-munching piggies is not even cool.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purple Dragon
Hell, I'd like to see how they do against Germany's own KSK. Picking on out-of-shape, donut-munching piggies is not even cool.

LOL!!!
-
but yea...the GSG-9 did very well

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   

How can you have an elite paramilitary CT unit go up against PD swat teams??? Thats like Roger Clemens pitching in the little leagues!! What I would like to see is how GSG9 would stack up against the likes of Delta, SAS, etc. Hell, I'd like to see how they do against Germany's own KSK. Picking on out-of-shape, donut-munching piggies is not even cool.

They would probably melt stock ones training with them. I remember reading about how the SEALS and Delta (and probably SAS too) have their own armorerys and their weapons are highly modified by their own gunsmiths. According to Richard Marcinko SEAL team 6 used to shoot more ammo per year than the entire Marine Corp
They would wear out their own custom made to the highest specs firing pins, burn the barrels out and all kinds of crazy stuff so when they shoot they dont miss

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
how would burning the berrel out help the accuracy???

M6D

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Its the er...american way

Im sure any brits here well get that small joke..
but in all seriousness, it seems to me the SAS would be least likely to burn out their barrels, in fact, how could you burn out your barrels when the majority of the time SAS are just double tapping?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
double tapping... good point

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid
how would burning the berrel out help the accuracy???

The actual burning out of the barrel in and of itself does nothing to improve accuracy, but the soldier shooting enough ammo to regulary fry barrels does.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
lol i do that in games... i waste a mag or 2 on 1 guy and then wonder y am i out ov ammo in a middle of a gun fight

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The problem I see here, is why are our police departments competing with foreign military units???

US law prohibits police and the military from acting acting alike. Posse Comitius (spelling?) Act. Our police are becoming more like the military every day but no one in the USA seems to complain or understand this dangerous slope.

M6D

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Well you see...why would they burn out the barrels with regular training exercises? wouldnt any good unit replace them as soon as they showed signs of wearing down? i certainly wouldnt wait till my barrel burned down.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
y is it dengerous that the police is becoming like the army??????

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by M6D
Well you see...why would they burn out the barrels with regular training exercises? wouldnt any good unit replace them as soon as they showed signs of wearing down? i certainly wouldnt wait till my barrel burned down.

I understand your point and I dont know. My guess is if they shoot lots of targets, or run drills in the CQB kill houses I suppose they might burn a barrel out before changing it? I also think that Marcinko somewhat sensationalized it for a book, but if SEAL team 6 really shoots more ammo per year than the USMC thats pretty amazing, and thats not even counting the other teams.

D

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Hmm...GSG-9 under German law is prohibited to perform operations outside German borders, though they did break this law in the 80's in Mogadishu. They are actually Federal Border Guards or what we'd call Federal Police. So they'd be the equivalent of the FBI's Hostage Rescue Team or something similar. The KSK is the actual German spec-ops unit. Not GSG-9.

[edit on 30/6/05 by D]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Thats not exactly true. The BGS (Bundesgrenzschutz or, as you said, Federal Border Guard) is allowed to act in foreign countries, either with a UN or EU mandate or for protection of german property or premises (mostly embassies and such). For example, in 2004 two GSG9 officers have been attacked and killed in Iraq while they were there for guarding the german embassy (the terrorists later sent a letter of excuse demanding the officers´ car should have shown german flags, they thought it was an american convoy).

[...] How can you have an elite paramilitary CT unit go up against PD swat teams??? [...] What I would like to see is how GSG9 would stack up against the likes of Delta, SAS, etc. Hell, I'd like to see how they do against Germany's own KSK. [...]

GSG9 is, as said before, a police unit, not a paramilitary one. It only has about 150 field officers. As such they train police tasks, and therefor can only be compared to other police forces. IF you would pit them against Delta or SAS in a situation that resembles the units profile, the GSG9 would most probably win at the end. They are specialized in assaulting unknown confined terrain. However the field of tasks for the military special units is greater than any police SU´s.

So I am not plain saying GSG9 is the best, but what I say is that GSG9 undoubtly is the world-wide best-mouthed POLICE force. Best-mouthed because all of their more than 1000 operations are secret to public (as are the KSK´s).

[edit on 30-6-2005 by Lonestar24]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Bundesgrenzschutz (Federal Border Police) is a police unit, not Army (Bundeswehr).
The KSK is the Army's spec ops unit, well, one of them, anyway.

GSG-9 (Grenschutzgruppe 9) is a Police CT unit (comparable with the FBI's HRT). Therefore, participation in the SWAT Challenge was granted. (Although one might consider them something of a "super SWAT Team")

GSG-9 have their own armorers, as well as special operators/mechanics for vehicles/aviation.
They sure as hell train a lot, full time. Most SWAT Team stateside do not provide full time training for their forces, due to manpower/financial constraints. GSG-9 has cross trained with most existing special forces from all over the world, at home as well as abroad.

For the record, GSG-9 did NOT break any german laws while on mission in Mog. The mission was cleared all the way through the chain of command.

Just thought I clear this up.

Best regards & stay safe
COMSEUR

M6D

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Of course, what would be considerably fairer..is if you took all CT forces, and took them to duke it out against each other, it would equel a much fairer trial.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
sooo.... the GSG-9 is a advanced police type unit like the FBI and stuff huh?
so the GSG-9 will look for killers... and stuff like the FBI??? if so then y were they compared with their SWAT?? the FBI doesnt have special weapons and tactics

M6D

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
GSG-9 as i understand it is a mix of SWAT and CT forces, i think the SAS helped train them, not a 100 percent sure.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join