It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Chinese Defector Says China Still Wants To Weaken US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Chen Yonglin, a former senior Chinese official who worked at the Chinese consulate in Sydney, and who sought political asylum in Australia in May 2005, said on a telephone interview to The Washington Times, that China still views the US as it's main enemy, and that the Communist Party is still devoted to weaken the United States, and it's relationship with allies.

insider.washingtontimes.com
"The United States is considered by the Chinese Communist Party as the largest enemy, the major strategic rival," Mr. Chen told The Washington Times in a telephone interview from Australia, where he is in hiding after breaking with Beijing in May.
On China's military buildup, Mr. Chen said Beijing is following the strategy of former leader Deng Xiaoping, who urged China to "bide our time, build our capabilities" -- military as well as economic and political. "What that means is that when the day is mature, the Chinese government will strike back," he said.
Mr. Chen said the danger of a war over Taiwan is growing.
"That is possible as Chinese society is getting more unstable," he said. "Once any serious civil disobedience occurs, the government may call for a war across the Taiwan Strait to gather [political] strength from people."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Chen Yonglin requested asylum with his wife and young daughter in Sydney, but he has also stated that if the government of Australia try to make him go back to China, because the Australian government may not want their business relations with China to sour, he will seek political asylum in the US.

On June 4, though he allegedly feared being kidnapped, Chen come out of hiding in order to address a rally commemorating the 16th anniversary of the Tiananmen Square massacre. During his speech, he claimed that he would "reveal everything he knows" if he was allowed to remain in Australia. He also claimed that the Chinese government had more than a thousand agents in Australia, and that they were responsible for kidnapping Chinese dissidents and returning them to China. Furthermore, Chen claimed that in one particular case in early 2000, Chinese agents in Sydney had kidnapped a student, Lan Meng, to force his dissident father to return to China. The father, Lan Fu, did return in 2000 to face prosecution and a death sentence, but the charges stemmed from a US$6 billion smuggling racket in Xiamen, where Lan Fu had been deputy mayor, rather than from any dissident activity. Lan's lawyer denied that kidnapping played a part in his client's voluntary return, and on June 10 Chen appeared to retract that accusation, commenting only that "I said that in fear, and I don't want to talk about it again." On June 22, however, Chen provided further details about the alleged kidnapping, naming Zhang Jin, Deputy Director of the Third Department of the Chinese Ministry of Public Security, as the official responsible for the abduction.

Excerpted from.
en.wikipedia.org...

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org
www.abc.net.au

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Admiral Thomas Moorer was right to warn several years ago about the growing political, economic and military capabilities of Communist China to undermine the United States with everything China have got.

Anyone here in favor of China's undermining the USA per se?

[edit on 6/28/2005 by the_oleneo]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

"Once any serious civil disobedience occurs, the government may call for a war across the Taiwan Strait to gather [political] strength from people."

This is something that had never occured to me as a reason for China attacking Taiwan.

I just heard a guest on Lou Dobbs talking about the unacol deal saying that the technology involved in the deal warrants great concern. The technology is that of underwater mapping of the ocean. This would help the chinese out with submarine warfare.

This article only confirms my suspicion about China. China and the US will come to blows and it will not remain on a small scale such as nam and korea.

As an america i have been avoiding the purchase of chinese made goods for several years and i would urge others to do as well. China is a communist country that remains a threat to me and my country.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
in reply to response of i dont purchase anything made in china, if u are truly that dedicated then u better not support McDonalds, pizza hut, TGIFridays, papa johns, taco bell, Kentucky fried chicken, coca cola company, gm, volkswagon, cadillac, american movies (which a lot of times premier first before america) and a host of other companies and products they are big here in china and make a lot of money for chinese distributors and owners.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well, I do not eat out since it is a waste of money. For a few bucks more I can buy a london broil instead of a fast food burger. My point was to be conscious of the items you purchase as to its origion. Obviously that is difficult to do. I bet most vehicles no matter what the brand on it says has at least a dozen or better parts in that are made in china. If you have 2 items and one is clearly an american brand I buy that one over the other.

If china wants to buy something that is american such as a kentucky fried chicken and pay an american company royalties then let them.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This is probably more "fun" type of reporting, the washington times is owned by this guy :

[edit on 28-6-2005 by Moretti]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moretti
This is probably more "fun" type of reporting, the washington times is owned by this guy :

[edit on 28-6-2005 by Moretti]

What exactly does that have to do with this story?

Yes, there are rich people who are eccentric, does that mean the story is not true?.... i gave other links about Chen Yonglin and his story.

Oh hey, btw, since people can't be eccentric and be able to actually post any real evidence, let's close ATS and ATSNN....

If you want to debunk the story present evidence. BTW, do you happen to have any idiosyncrasies?

[edit on 29-6-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I dont have a problem with the financial and political undermining of the United States. The US has engaged in that practice for well over 50 years. Every country does it to every other country, if it can. But if the Chinese are planning on starting a major conflict to further that undermining then clearly something needs to be done. What exactly, I do not know.

So far we have only testimony from a defector. Defectors generally tell, those with whom they wish to reside with, horror stories and claim they have "more to tell" if allowed to stay. His credibilty is not great and its not something you'd start a War over.

[edit on 29/6/05 by subz]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo
Admiral Thomas Moorer was right to warn several years ago about the growing political, economic and military capabilities of Communist China to undermine the United States with everything China have got.

Anyone here in favor of China's undermining the USA per se?

[edit on 6/28/2005 by the_oleneo]

I totally agree with you. America has become obessed about finding the lowest price to manufacture goods. They may be reaping the benefits now but we will pay severly in the end. Americans are ignorant to this. It is happening right under our noses. Once giant American companies are sold off to the Chinese thats it. We will never see or own it again and will be forced to pay there prices. America is destined for tradegy. We cannot stop it from distruction anymore.

For example: China yanked the Japanese books that portrayed taiwan as a blue state. They do whats in the interest of their country, not in the interest of the people. The US used to be like that. China is not politically correct like we are. Being PC is leading us to a town of nowhere and evetually to our defeat. Dark days are ahead.

We must make a conscious effort not to support China anymore. In the end, when we have nothing left they will not do the same. They will continue to use us until we have no else to offer and then it will be over.

[edit on 29-6-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Capitalism's weak point? Greed

Communism's weak point? Greed

I see a pattern and seem to think its not the finacial philosophy thats the problem, its with our own greed.

The US pulled at, prodded, stymied and isolated the USSR until it collapsed within. Chinese are renowed for borrowing Western technology and ideas and using it for themselves. I would not be surprised if they are after a USSR-style internal collapse of the United States.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
BTW, do you happen to have any idiosyncrasies?

Yes. I don't like reading military propaganda in civilian news.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I wouldnt be surprised if this was just propaganda. The kinda that the American government has admitted it will foster.

Moretti that was class

We need a "zinger award" or something to vote for.

It seems your questioning of the veracity of the source has raised the ire of the 'source questioner' himself. Duck and cover.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moretti

Originally posted by Muaddib
BTW, do you happen to have any idiosyncrasies?

Yes. I don't like reading military propaganda in civilian news.

Military propaganda?....

What military propaganda are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
As a Chinese-American myself, i don't buy stuff that saids made in china but my dad seems to be keep buying made in china stuff. i told my dad " god dam it, thsoe are made by slave labor anyway" and he just ignore me lol

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I like the idea of having several strong Nations instead of one "all powerful" nation. Over the next 50 years, we'll see China, Brazil and India all move up to the level of Super-power and if America does not sort its debt out they'll slowly fade into the background.

Couple that with a strong united Europe and Russia, it will make politics a lot more interesting. At last Nations will be able to stand up for-themselves and not be "bullied" about.

ulshadow, just on a side note do you know what happened when Nike closed their factories down in Africa back in the early 90's due to the slave-labour problem?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
I like the idea of having several strong Nations instead of one "all powerful" nation. Over the next 50 years, we'll see China, Brazil and India all move up to the level of Super-power and if America does not sort its debt out they'll slowly fade into the background.

Couple that with a strong united Europe and Russia, it will make politics a lot more interesting. At last Nations will be able to stand up for-themselves and not be "bullied" about.

ulshadow, just on a side note do you know what happened when Nike closed their factories down in Africa back in the early 90's due to the slave-labour problem?

They lost to other companies? i don't know, enlight me.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
No, the children who worked after School could no longer afford to eat, there parents could no longer afford to feed them and they starved.

Although I am not a fan of "slave labour" those kids need the money to buy food, they also have an education so eventually they will pull themselves out of it. If the Government are not able to help them they will just die and it has been seen all over Africa. It's a sad state of affairs, but it's simple fact and it's fairly easy to see.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
No, the children who worked after School could no longer afford to eat, there parents could no longer afford to feed them and they starved.

Although I am not a fan of "slave labour" those kids need the money to buy food, they also have an education so eventually they will pull themselves out of it. If the Government are not able to help them they will just die and it has been seen all over Africa. It's a sad state of affairs, but it's simple fact and it's fairly easy to see.

hummm... you do got a good point there, maybe the company should rise the labor wage, that would help them

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
It seems your questioning of the veracity of the source has raised the ire of the 'source questioner' himself. Duck and cover.

Because the owner of the newspaper is eccentric it doesn't make the stories less true than others. If we are going to judge stories on whether or not a person is eccentric ,we might as well not have these forums. I am 100% certain we have in these forums all forms of eccentricities and idiosyncracies which defines each member. Does that mean all the claims, theories and stories can be debunked because we are all different? no...

If you want to debunk anything, you better try to debunk the story and not the owner of the newspaper.....which in itself is not possible...because as I have stated before, you can't debunk people, only their arguments, claims and stories.

So please do stick to the topic, and if you want to debunk it, then show facts and not claims.

[edit on 29-6-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The US has already a China containment plan and with greater co operation wit India they plan to get the Indai-pakistan conflict solved and develope India, atleast militarily to take on the Chinese or pose a credible deterent!
Atleast India if it comes to power will be democratic, which is msuh better than having a Communist power again.
Also I share the feeling that Americans must stop using Chinese products as much as possible and develope other nations like Mexico or South America to take China's place, it would be easier to control and more safer than "Feeding the Devil" !
In the end we have to resign oueselves to the fact that the winds of change are going to wipe the geo-political slate clean agian, and we must hope that who ever comes to power will represent the ideals that the free world holds dear.

IAF

top topics

<<   2 >>

join