It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Chinese Defector Says China Still Wants To Weaken US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
last night I watched an interesting interview with the Aussie Foreign
Minister on TV, in a lengthy interview about China.

He said we pulled out of talks with the US State Dept re rise of China as a power in the region. Whats interesting is that Japan, Canada, NZ all participated but for some reason we pulled out (gee I wonder why).

Then he was asked if Australia would join America in defending Taiwan against a Chinese invasion, to which he replied that it was "not appropriate" to discuss anything to do with wars with "neighbouring countries in our region"

He didn't even mention China by name. Hmmm.

Finally, he was asked about the Chinese spy defector scandel down here, and the operations of Chinese spies in this country, to which he replied by refusing to even touch on the subject.

A spy from China defects and says there are 1000 Chinese spies in our country, and the Foreign Minister refuses to even talk about it? Um, I thought that was part of his job? Silly me!

It's obvious we're being leaned on down here folks, and the government is afraid of offending China. It seems things are already heating up, which was obvious from what was NOT said in the interview.

The Foreign Ministers ankles must be getting very sore by now from holding onto them.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
What more needs to be said?

Originally posted by subz
I dont have a problem with the financial and political undermining of the United States.

[edit on 29/6/05 by subz]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Phugedaboudet, he is from Europe. It's within the best interests of the European Union if America locks horns with China, they'll both waste money on "out doing" one another - which neighet can afford, while the E.U. joins together as "one" and eventually moves to the front.

They already are the leading Economic Power.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
"On China's military buildup, Mr. Chen said Beijing is following the strategy of former leader Deng Xiaoping, who urged China to "bide our time, build our capabilities" -- military as well as economic and political. "What that means is that when the day is mature, the Chinese government will strike back," he said.
Mr. Chen said the danger of a war over Taiwan is growing.
"That is possible as Chinese society is getting more unstable," he said. "Once any serious civil disobedience occurs, the government may call for a war across the Taiwan Strait to gather [political] strength from people."

So, what he is basically saying is that China is going to start playing simon says with the US?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueEyes
So, what he is basically saying is that China is going to start playing simon says with the US?

At the first hints of civilian instability in mainland China, you can bet a loud "Simon says..." from the CCP to distract the civilian population by blaming squarely on Taiwan for the instability.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo
At the first hints of civilian instability in mainland China, you can bet a loud "Simon says..." from the CCP to distract the civilian population by blaming squarely on Taiwan for the instability.

Correct. After the Tiananmen Square massacre, the CCP blamed the uprising on Taiwanese "separatists" and CIA spies as agents provocateur.

[edit on 2005/7/2 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If China wants to weaken us they already have the way to do it.

Anyone up for some Chinese food?

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This idea of China trying to get rid of the U.S. is completly ludicrous and probably some weird red herring. A "defector in australia" A fe well educated people with a reputation it's not like theres irrefutable evidence.

I think it might look like china is trying to undermine north americas economy but in reality they justhave a far larger population thus far more economic potential. The states has just dug itself into a financial whole in the last 20 or 30 years, I figure every great nation, kingdome, and empire has a lifecycle. The u.s. Will eventually fade away and countries like china with a longer lifespan will naturally move in and take whats left these types of things could happen tomorrow or in a hundred years. Point being every empire dies, New empires are born, But why worry about these things if for instancea comet destrpys the planet it just wont matter anymore.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Sorry about that i didn't Mean to completly go off on a tangent like that it's just that to me those are the logical conclusions. Comets probably wont be hitting the earth anytime soon either.... Carry on.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Excellant post Muaddib,

For the past 20 years, China has spent untold $trillions in their infrastructure and military.

I know people will try to say that they want a better life,
, but the real reason for their build up is to draw the United States into an armed conflict (maybe not directly with them, just as the Korean and Vietnam conflicts weren't directly with them).

They're on the verge of having a naval force to be reckoned with and their space travel capabilities are a bit disturbing (people may ridicule this comment, but what's to stop them from sabotaging any of our satellites that are vital to our national security. There's not one damned thing we can do about it if they wanted to and how would we stop them even if our shuttle fleet were a 100% GO).

If I've gotten off topic a bit, my apologies.

I've been telling people ever sinced the fall of the Soviet Union that the world is far from being a safe place as long as Communist China exists.

A bunch a backward Muslim radicals can't even come close to doing the damage to our way of life that these "quiet" communists can accomplish.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I was reading the newspaper this morning and i found out that the internets big super servers that the untied states regulates or something. I might be a little unclear to some of the details so correct me if i'm wrong here. China basically has asked that these servers be shared with the world and not just regulated by the states maybe that ties in to

<< 1   >>

join