It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New poll shows what we already know - everybody hates Bush!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I found this poll:

The number of Americans disapproving of President Bush's job performance has risen to the highest level of his presidency, according to the CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll released Monday.

According to the poll, 53 percent of respondents said they disapproved of Bush's performance, compared to 45 percent who approved.

The margin of error was plus or minus 3 percentage points.

The 53 percent figure was the highest disapproval rating recorded in the CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll since Bush became president in January 2001.

The approval percentage -- 45 percent -- matches a low point set in late March. The 8-point gap between those who disapproved and approved was the largest recorded during Bush's tenure.

As Bush prepares to address the nation Tuesday to defend his Iraq policy, just 40 percent of those responding to the poll said they approved of his handling of the war; 58 percent said they disapproved.

The approval rating on Iraq was unchanged from a poll in late May, and the disapproval figure marked an increase of 2 percentage points.

But the poll also found that issues other than the Iraq war may be dragging down Bush's numbers.

Respondents expressed even stronger disapproval of his handling of the economy, energy policy, health care and Social Security.

The lone bright spot for the president in the poll was his handling of terrorism, which scored a 55 percent approval rating, compared to just 41 percent who disapproved.

The president's worst numbers in the latest poll came on the issue of Social Security, with respondents disapproving of his performance by a margin of more than 2-to-1 -- 64 percent to 31 percent.

Bush has made changing the Social Security system a signature issue of his second term.

He has proposed creating voluntary government-sponsored personal retirement accounts for workers 55 and younger.

Under his proposal, workers could invest a portion of their Social Security taxes in a range of government-selected funds in exchange for lower guaranteed benefits at retirement.

The plan has run into stiff opposition from Democrats, who say the accounts are too risky and will undermine the Social Security system. Some Republicans also are wary of taking on such a politically risky idea.

www.cnn.com...

What really gets me about Bush is that he knows everyone hates what he's doing, but he just keeps on doing it.

I was over on Free Republic - the REPUBLICAN web site - and everyone was complaining about him (in the midst of threatening revolution and assassination of Supreme Court justices after they restricted private property rights).

Seems he's learned from his father the correct way to be 'out of touch'!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

as posted by AWingandASigh
I was over on Free Republic - the REPUBLICAN web site - and everyone was complaining about him (in the midst of threatening revolution and assassination of Supreme Court justices after they restricted private property rights).

Really?
I did not see you there.....

You need to stay away from there. Only us NeoCons are authorized to hang out there.

As for Bush being hated. Boils down to one thing and one thing only: the Iraq War. Without that on his fine resume, them there polls would be rockin'.

seekerof

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Seekof,

"As for Bush being hated. Boils down to one thing and one thing only: the Iraq War. Without that on his fine resume, them there polls would be rockin"

Please tell me your kidding right?

The thing I find most amusing about this.. Alot of the people who now hate him voted for him. (Just couldn't see him for what he really was)

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

As for Bush being hated. Boils down to one thing and one thing only: the Iraq War. Without that on his fine resume, them there polls would be rockin'.

seekerof

so you did your own poll to determine that?
because i would see it very differently. i would think that people think they have to be either republican or democrat, due to the tyranny of the two party system. i would think that some people are smart enough to sit on the fence, and let the lesser evil guide their voting hands. i would think that this group is very flip-floppy and unpredictable.
i would think that since other polls show that around half of america believes the government was either complicit or hopeless during nine oneone, and some polls show as many as 90 percent think there is a cover-up of some sort, that this would reflect on his popularity.
but, of course, i'm wrong, because it's a black and white world with an excluded middle.

american elections are like executions where you get to choose how you lose your life. "will you be having the electric chair, or the lethal injection, today, sir?"

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If everyone hated Bush wouldn't it be 100% disapprove and 0% approve instead of 53/45?

Right here you have a living, breathing counterexample to the very premise of your thread title, since I do approve of Bush.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Why exactly is that so? Where are the compelling arguments backed by legitimate quantitative data that show improvements over his predecessors governance? To say 9/11 still has an effect on business stagnation is to claim you sprained ankle in Pee-Wees kept you off the HS Football team!

The "Slam Dunk" in the Iraq campaign is a proven lie - both in it's "justification" of threat & fabrication of supporting data. The quality of life categories have all nose dived, with the most noatable being the amount of Americans who have moved below the poverty line. Real wages have seen negative growth, yet cost of living has kept pace, and certain key spend areas for the American household ( gas, heating oil, insurances), where this administration had direct ties and, on the surface, looked to do us TREMENDOUS GOOD ( since they'd know how to arm twist their old mates), have done the opposite: those industries have reaped historic profits and the American consumer has endured record bankruptcies - decreases in SOL - the need to go without.
A family making $50,000 a year in a First World country should NEVER HAVE TO GO WITHOUT HEALTH INSURANCE. That's a basic crime, in and of itself.

Djohn, I'm sorry if you feel it an attack, but any single issue support that can be drummed up as a blanket reason for going to this well called Bush twice, is too close to a clinical categorization of mental illness.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
All I am going to said is that I do polls and surveys as a hobby I had done it for over a year, and for the first time the most popular polls sites, like Anne parks, Harris polls, Opinion site, lightspeed and Isop has send me more polls than ever on topics related to the war and the president, after almost a year in one month I have about 8 or 9 polls on the topic.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
More and more people dislike Bush every day... and it seems as if some red states are now experiencing buyer's remorse. This recent state-by-state poll has 14 states below 40% approval rating, including Nevada & Ohio.

Source

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
To be fair, the title of this thread is somewhat exaggerated. No one polled said they hated Bush. They said they disapprove of everything he does, basically.

There are some people who disagree with him that will always, till the cows come home, like the guy. But the fact remains, at this stage of the game, not many people are happy with him.

Unfortunately, many of those who said they were not happy, still , unfathomably support him. Go figger.

Personally, I think he should be impeached, if not for anything else but being completely dumb enuff himself, to be that misled.

And shame on ME for voting for him in 2000.

top topics

join