It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Purpose Of Life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Has anyone figured this out yet? Because if you have, please share some of your ideas with us all.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Mr Knowledge!

This is a very INTERNATIONAL site.....!

Try out the search funtion to find topics that are of interest to you......

Oh wow you sure HAVE alot of points for being a new person lol.......I did not do my intro untill I had been posting for 6 months...

I am sayiny HELLO from Utah, U S A

[edit on 27-6-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Your original question is sort of like asking what is the purpose of rocks. Does it have to have a purpose? Why can't it just be an inevitable outcome of the underlying laws of the universe?

"Outcome" might convey the wrong connotation, substitute effect instead.

By the way, isn't it a little unusual to start a thread without at least presenting something to kick off the discussion?

[edit on 27-6-2005 by Astronomer68]

[edit on 27-6-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68
at least presenting something to kick off the discussion?

Some restarts in games come as throw-ins rather than kick-offs.

Like life really.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Nobody can explain the meaning of life its a question that is up there with , Is there a God or where does the Universe end.Nobody knows I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
You have to survive long enough to find a mate and breed to pass on your genetic material.

Go!

(I'm being completely serious - get to it, stop wasting time, there is nothign more important)

- This message has not been endorsed by Jesus.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Deja voodoo in the land of repetition.

Only a few days ago, I posted somewhere else about the different notions of "meaning" and "purpose" in life.

And now I find myself too lazy to locate that, but I will let the small legacy rest for its intended audience.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well, whatever meaning we find in life is personal.

Purpose is another thing entirely, we all share the same purpose I think, no?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68
Your original question is sort of like asking what is the purpose of rocks. Does it have to have a purpose? Why can't it just be an inevitable outcome of the underlying laws of the universe?

"Outcome" might convey the wrong connotation, substitute effect instead.

By the way, isn't it a little unusual to start a thread without at least presenting something to kick off the discussion?

Well, Mr. Astronomer 68, I started this thread the way I did because I just wanted to see some of the ideas other people had on the purpose of life. I believe the purpose of life is to simply live. Living is simply enjoying life and appreciating everything around you including life itself. Living is making other people happy, being confident, finding ways to make valuable contributions to the world, and sharing yourself with others, and of course taking care of the Earth itself. And if you do that then you also make God happy. God created this world for all of us to live and enjoy life. His happiness comes from just seeing us live, interact, and continuously improve ourselves as human beings. I'm disappointed at how many religions have twisted people's minds into thinking that God is some kind of tyrant who watches over us and keeps tally of our sins and condemns us if we're not perfect.

[edit on 6/27/2005 by Mr Knowledge]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
To know God and how to live for Him more each day and serve others in an ongoing basis so that they will be drawn to Christ also.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If you want the truth Earth is testing grounds and the real place to "Live happy and please God all day" is in Paradise.(Third heaven.. up the road and to the left take the next right and follow then go strait up a mile and fall)
What test? Ask young skywalker which paths there are to go...

Actually dbrandt has it correct so forget the whole skywalker thing.

[edit on 27-6-2005 by Wisdumb]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The meaning of life is to live, love, and be happy. That's what I strive for anyways.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
the meaning of life is ................ a hilarious movie by the Monthy python crew

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
The meaning of life is to live, love, and be happy. That's what I strive for anyways.

Ocelot, that is the best answer I've heard all day. Give yourself a pat on the back. That is truly the purpose of life. But I have to add this: It is also to take care of the Earth and each other as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Is the purpose of life the same as the meaning of life, because if it is theres already a thread here

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
How do you define purpose? Is it a means to an end? If so then you are born to live and, in turn, you live to die. That is the purpose.

What you do with that life is your personal desire and not your purpose for existing. You exist for the sake of existing.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Shame on all of you nerds for not beating me to that one!

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
Has anyone figured this out yet? Because if you have, please share some of your ideas with us all.

to reproduce and kill each other
as thats all in human nature

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

I couldn't disagree more bodrul. As far as killing each other, that's the way we started and granted, that's the way we still are, however, it doesn't have to define our existence forever.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

I couldn't disagree more bodrul. As far as killing each other, that's the way we started and granted, that's the way we still are, however, it doesn't have to define our existence forever.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join