It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Diplomat: China Devoted to Weakening the US enemy…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
According to a Chinese diplomat, who has sought asylum in Australia, China views the United States as enemy number one. China has sent spies, police and diplomats to the US and abroad to gather information on the US, no matter how trivial, in order to undermine the USA’s alliances. Some of the information gathered thus far pertains to aircraft intelligence. The diplomat stated that the US-Australia alliance is one of the major alliances China wishes to break and are doing so by giving Australia trade breaks and several high level visits. By breaking the US-Australia link China would bring Australia into the “grand neighboring region” dominated by China and force a wedge between the US and Australia.

"The United States is considered by the Chinese Communist Party as the largest enemy, the major strategic rival," Mr. Chen told The Washington Times in a telephone interview from Australia, where he is in hiding after breaking with Beijing in May.

All Chinese government officials are ordered to gather information about the United States, "no matter how trivial," he said. "The United States occupies a unique place in China's diplomacy," Mr. Chen said.

A pro-democracy activist who took part in the 1989 demonstrations in Beijing's Tiananmen Square, Mr. Chen, 37, spent 10 years as a Foreign Ministry official. He said he defected and sought political asylum in Australia to highlight repression of the Chinese people by their government and the ruling Communist Party, as well as the repression of dissidents such as democracy activists and the Falun Gong spiritual group.

Beijing devoted to weakening 'enemy' U.S., defector says

All this in light of other reports indicating that China’s military might is growing faster than expected. Also the diplomat states that China would initiate a war with Taiwan to gather political strength from the people.

Related ATS Article

China's military closing the gap with U.S. of A.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hmm, intertesting.
Just cause someone is a diplomat that does not mean they are important or in a high position...people usually associate diplomats as being "key" people in a government, not always the case.

This diplomat said things that we already know..nothing new.

We know China thinks the US is enemy#1....it's been like this for sometime now. We know they have spies in the US and even at our embassies over there, and they know the same about us. He probably provided other insight that was not made public....that's what I wanna know

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
Hmm, intertesting.
Just cause someone is a diplomat that does not mean they are important or in a high position...people usually associate diplomats as being "key" people in a government, not always the case.

The Article Lists him as:

Chen Yonglin, until recently a senior political officer at the Chinese Consulate in Sydney, Australia

A quick Google Search on him brings up the following results.

Chen Yonglin the most important defector in 40 years?
Exclusive Interview with Chinese Diplomatic Defector Chen Yonglin
Wikipedia

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Wow, he is so screwed. Thats all I have to say.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well, if they destroy the US, who will they sell all their cheap products to?

In destroying us, they destroy themselves.

An economic 'mutual assured destruction', I guess you could say.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I could be wrong but I heard his defection also had something to do with his opposition to prosecution of falun gong practitioners in China? Just a rumour. At any rate, he's dead meat.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
Well, if they destroy the US, who will they sell all their cheap products to?

In destroying us, they destroy themselves.

An economic 'mutual assured destruction', I guess you could say.

LOL good point

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
how can he become a dead meat when he has already defected? Unless of course they turn him back to China.

I wonder if what he said is completely true though, but his claim seems to make logical sense.

[edit on 28-6-2005 by twchang]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
No surprise, since China is the only nation on Earth to list the U.S as it's main enemy.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWguy83
No surprise, since China is the only nation on Earth to list the U.S as it's main enemy.

ummm...

north korea. russia .india? .iran.

chinas main enemy is taiwan not US. but if US want to back taiwan then its a enemy

[edit on 28-6-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Official list the U.S as their main enemy on their white paper?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWguy83

Official list the U.S as their main enemy on their white paper?

rhose white pages are written by generals. some are pro-attacking X and some are pro-attacking Y.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
In my industry (manufacturing) China has been enemy number 1 already...

the US may smile and play stupid when it comes to china... I am quite sure that we also spy on everything they do, and also have a rather tenative peace, based mostly on not getting in each others way, and financial need for one another.

it will get us past the decade... maybe by then, America will be loved again, and the chinese oppression that scandalized it for years will bite it on its ass.
then the polls will say that WE are more liked than China

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by twchang
how can he become a dead meat when he has already defected? Unless of course they turn him back to China.

Yes that's what I'm thinking of

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I saw Chen get interviewed on TV down here and it was very interesting to hear his story in person.

He said that China had an active policy of trying to turn Australia against America via various means, mainly buying us off via trade pressure.

He also said there were 1000 Chinese spies in this country, and that the US was officially enemy number one in the eyes of the Chinese government.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Although i am not chinese i just hate traitors !
i wonder if the chinese can take him out ? (KGB style)

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
i heard this guy was going to be sent back to a postion back in china , but he didn't want to leave so he tried to trade "secrects" for asylum

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
... lol watch for any orientals asking u for directions to a secret mlitary base (no offence to any orientals its just a joke)

top topics

join